UPDATE - K-R42 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axinak View Post
    Well after installing the last rom of Wasser this small tv box became really good!!! I am impressed! The only issue that I have is that I can’t use the external SD cart for the applications .What I need is to be able when I download a torrent to be downloaded to the sd .I have try many things but nothing works .Do you have any idea about ?
    I don't know what you had tried and what you want to do and how this torrent app works, but if you want to try to install it to external SD then you should have a look at
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...to-ext-sd-fail
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hi all ! has anyone tried to flash the firmware from minix x7 version 2.0.2 from wasser ? in the subject for minix wasser wrote that this rom uses the new sdk , and d33 wrote in his thread all new kernels only for new firmware , as I understand
      p.s. it would be cool if Wasser adapted its rom from mininx x7 for k-r 42
      P.s. 2 Please tell somebody what the latest kernel is for our k-r42 ?
      Last edited by pes1313; 05-05-2015, 01:03.
      k-r42 Board TN-BX09_V.2.1 2013/05/31 ,wifi RTL8188ETV,
      rom 1.0.4 (kitkat) old revision Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by pes1313 View Post
        Hi all ! has anyone tried to flash the firmware from minix x7 version 2.0.2 from wasser ?
        I think that without proper kernel for K-R42 new firmware would not work.
        Maybe there is a chance to appeal to Wasser and he will prepare similar firmware for this device .

For me 1080p Youtube application is a must but such good firmware will make me regret that I bought new device with RK3288 SoC and I will use older one more often.
        RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
        Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
        bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
          I think that without proper kernel for K-R42 new firmware would not work.
          Maybe there is a chance to appeal to Wasser and he will prepare similar firmware for this device .

For me 1080p Youtube application is a must but such good firmware will make me regret that I bought new device with RK3288 SoC and I will use older one more often.
          Thank you Gormar , but I think that the Wasser finally thrown k-r42....I connected to my k-r42 bluetooth modules which have been posted here on the forum , bluetooth works, but bluetooth speakers the sound stutters , (I just turn off the T. V.and so listen to Internet radio).... the guy who made these modules said the problem in the old kernel (in which a bunch of errors in bluedroid) which is built from the test source code... and Wasser for minix x7did the firmware 2.0.2on a New sdk as he him self wrote + new kernels from d33 = perhaps it would be a normal sound via bluetooth , without stuttering.. I think not revealed the full potential of our k-r42 , because it is still not bad hardware

P.s. I ask him and he say : dont planed release..
          Last edited by pes1313; 05-09-2015, 18:59.
          k-r42 Board TN-BX09_V.2.1 2013/05/31 ,wifi RTL8188ETV,
          rom 1.0.4 (kitkat) old revision Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            Hi all,

I was working on adding USB Blueooth dongle support to the K-R42 device.
            It seems that I succeeded (at least it works for me) and want to share the solution.
            Thank you very much for your contribution! I myself have an UGOOS UT1, but it has the same specs and works as well. At least for bluetooth file transfer. If I am connecting a bluetooth keyboard (Logitech K480), the keyboard is detected but the devices are not able to pair: Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

Comment

Hi guys, quick question. What happens if i flash new revision firmware on old revision hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by mariosm1cy View Post
                Hi guys, quick question. What happens if i flash new revision firmware on old revision hardware?
                If you realy have got old/new revision K-R42 Android TV Box then when you flash different kernel version it will only disable LAN and eventually Bluetooth. Nothing major like bricking your device and you will only need to reflash kernel with proper/other version.

But if you have even newer K-R42 BOX (bought after middle of 2014) you might be in trouble.
                RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                  If you realy have got old/new revision K-R42 Android TV Box then when you flash different kernel version it will only disable LAN and eventually Bluetooth. Nothing major like bricking your device and you will only need to reflash kernel with proper/other version.

But if you have even newer K-R42 BOX (bought after middle of 2014) you might be in trouble.
                  So, i flashed a friends kr42 with new revisions firmware not knowing what revision is the box. Ethernet is not working so it must be old revision, right?

Comment

If only eth not working, then maybe old rev could help...
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I've already tested bluetooth usb dongle (based on csr chipset) with kernel from 1.0.3 and it working! Thanks Bionicman

Drivers posted some time ago in this topic are needed:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...d-4-4-2/page20

Tested also rounded one and bt won't turn on.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                      X92 3/32 Android TV Box with Ugoos AM3 Firmware

Comment

I just wanted to tell that I kind of solved the problem with the Logitech K480 by using another USB bluetooth dongle (LINK). The adapter is based on a different chipset (Broadcom BCM20702 instead of CSR8510 from my old Dongle). So the problem is neither the bluetooth stack nor the keyboard but rather the integrated driver. With the new dongle the pairing works and it shows "Broadcom HID" in the input settings. With the old dongle the pairing is not possible.

Comment

Mine dongle is on CSR chipset but has installed also as Boardcom HID.

Comment

Originally posted by pavlik View Post
                            Mine dongle is on CSR chipset but has installed also as Boardcom HID.

That's a bit unlikely, don't you think. I mean because they are the biggest competitors in this area.

Comment

Compatible drivers, thats all, I think.

Comment

Help !!!

this firmware does it work in Q7S ??? ( camera model )

My pcb : XT-Q7V-V10
                                2014-08-15

Last edited by sararmen; 08-13-2015, 08:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X