• Show
Clear All

I'll do some. Give me 20 minutes

Comment

herrjemineh - sure - thanks a lot!

Comment

Custom Kernels for RileyRom 2.4

There you go...

i made some different kernels with different voltages...

like always, not every kernel is working on every device, have fun testing..

at least the 1704 stock kernel and the 1608 low voltage +25mv should work for everyone, i guess...

kernel_cpu1704h_1300mV_gpu600h STOCK_ddr720_.zip
        kernel_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr720_low_voltages.zip
        kernel_cpu1704h_gpu600h_ddr720_low_voltages.zip
        kernel_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr720_low_voltages (+25mV).zip
        kernel_cpu1704h_gpu600h_ddr720_low_voltages (+25mV).zip
        kernel_cpu1800h_gpu600h_ddr720_low_voltages (+25mV).zip
        kernel_cpu1704h_gpu600h_ddr792_low_voltages (+25mV).zip

Comment

rrileypm - many thanks for you job.
          Can you please also upload original PIPO rom you firmware is based on?

Comment

Here you go: (This is a temporary link...every once in a while, I do a little house cleaning).

Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by herrjemineh View Post
              There you go...

at least the 1704 stock kernel and the 1608 low voltage +25mv should work for everyone, i guess...
              @herrjemineh
              only 1608cpu works on my tab. which performs better the one with +25mv or just the low voltage?
              TIA.
              Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

As 2.4 is undobtely the fluidest of 2.x as of now; but it tends to not be as stable as 2.11
                so I'm now testing 2.4 ROM+ 2.11 kernel
                so far so good...

Comment

There you go...

[ATTACH]4506[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]4512[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]4511[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]4510[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]4509[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]4508[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]4507[/ATTACH]
                  At what rate is the stock DDR clocked at?

Have you done any testing with regards battery life with the 1608 low voltage?

thanks for your kernels by the way!

Comment

Stock ddr rate is 580mhz.. the battery Life is a bit better, but not like twice as long sure... the biggest Problem with battery Life is the huge drain in sleepmode...

Comment

Stock ddr rate is 580mhz.. the battery Life is a bit better, but not like twice as long sure... the biggest Problem with battery Life is the huge drain in sleepmode...
                      I ordered the non 3g model so i will not have this issue.. right?

what does the +25mv mean as opposed to low voltage kernels? is it only used when the CPU is overclocked? an overclocked CPU logically means more battery consumption unless you are lucky enough to overclock with lower voltages?

I hope i receive a 'pure cpu' so i can overclock.

Comment

i dunno if you will have that problem or not...

look, i have a battery drain in deep sleep mode of about 1% per hour, which i find riddiculous...
                        my also china-device (mtk6589 smart-phone) has almost no battery drain in deep sleep... maybe 2% overnight..
                        but i have this drain as well when i put it into flightmode, even when i deactivate everything related to 3g, e.g. deleting all the 3g apps, lib-files, editing the build.prop etc...

some people say, that they have a drain of 2% overnight with this device, but couldn't experience that unfortunately...

regarding cpu voltages:

the "+25mv" is related to the low voltage kernel, so it's like following:

the low voltage kernel is with dram frequency 720mhz and 1200mv (stock: 580mhz @ 1300mv)
                        +25mv = 1225mhz
                        cpu frequencies are generally 75 to 100 mv lower than stock depending on the clock-step.
                        at 1608mhz stock voltage is 1300mv, low voltage kernel is 1200mv, +25mv means 1225mv

the other one is 1704@1300mv and 720mhz dram @1300mv
                        thats the reason why i thought, this one has to work for every device..

some say, that the 3g voltage is related to one of those voltages, so if your are experiencing lower 3g connection ability, tell me, i could make a kernel with stock voltages, 1608mhz and 720mhz ram

Comment

i dunno if you will have that problem or not...

look, i have a battery drain in deep sleep mode of about 1% per hour, which i find riddiculous...
                          my also china-device (mtk6589 smart-phone) has almost no battery drain in deep sleep... maybe 2% overnight..
                          but i have this drain as well when i put it into flightmode, even when i deactivate everything related to 3g, e.g. deleting all the 3g apps, lib-files, editing the build.prop etc...

some people say, that they have a drain of 2% overnight with this device, but couldn't experience that unfortunately...

regarding cpu voltages:

the "+25mv" is related to the low voltage kernel, so it's like following:

the low voltage kernel is with dram frequency 720mhz and 1200mv (stock: 580mhz @ 1300mv)
                          +25mv = 1225mhz
                          cpu frequencies are generally 75 to 100 mv lower than stock depending on the clock-step.
                          at 1608mhz stock voltage is 1300mv, low voltage kernel is 1200mv, +25mv means 1225mv

the other one is 1704@1300mv and 720mhz dram @1300mv
                          thats the reason why i thought, this one has to work for every device..

some say, that the 3g voltage is related to one of those voltages, so if your are experiencing lower 3g connection ability, tell me, i could make a kernel with stock voltages, 1608mhz and 720mhz ram
                          Now i get it thanks Low voltage kernel should give a battery boost of at least 5-10% then! it's good! i didnt order the 3G M7 so thank god i will not have the battery drain issue.

Do apps like ''Set CPU'' etc. work in overclocking or undervolting the tablet?

Also, please guys and master Riley have a look at this 'PurePerformances Golden Edition'' mod on XDA:
                          ★ [MOD] ◢ PurePerformances™X ◣ | Golden Edition | Scary performances on Android everything you've always wanted from a performance engine, but you never dared to ask...

I read very good comments about this performance mod. Give it a try people. It incorporates features of Crossbreeder and others mods but this seems more powerful. The same developer also created ''Pure Audio Engine'' which greatly improves the sound quality coming out of the speakers. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2293589

How do you guys find the GPS of the tablet?

Comment

Did you try the 3g deep sleep fix offered by arctools? It works for me. The only problem is that the 3g starts a little bit longer when waking up from deep sleep.

Comment

How is your battery drain in ds? How do you check it? Dont install this mod, after flashin pure performance mode, my system didn't boot anymore and neefed to be reflashed, randy had the same... some tweaks of this mod are not good for pipo ;-)

Comment

How is your battery drain in ds? How do you check it? Dont install this mod, after flashin pure performance mode, my system didn't boot anymore and neefed to be reflashed, randy had the same... some tweaks of this mod are not good for pipo ;-)

I see..thanks for letting me know! there are 5 performance mods made by acknowledged devs listed here including the Pure Performances Mod: http://www.epiblog.in/2013/08/best-a...eaks-2013.html

The direct injection mod seems good and the supercharger v6. I don't have my pipo yet to test them but surely one of these mods should work with our tablet!

Comment

Working...
                                X