No announcement yet.

Beelink X2 H3 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if these links may try to give some pointers.

On other threads regarding the invalid format issue there are various recommendations, including switching off the TV and unplugging from the mains for a while.

Or hook it up using composite AV cables too see if changing any of the display settings will help.

Odd that it won't work on 3 TV's though.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hello everyone, sorry for such an abrupt first post but I'm looking into buying one of these android tv boxes, so I've been looking for "entry-level" prices and I was wondering how this one compares to the more common amlogic s805 boxes. Is performance about the same (will I notice any difference at all?). Because from what I've been reading, amlogic might be a safer bet in terms of community support?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by citizenjc View Post
        Hello everyone, sorry for such an abrupt first post but I'm looking into buying one of these android tv boxes, so I've been looking for "entry-level" prices and I was wondering how this one compares to the more common amlogic s805 boxes. Is performance about the same (will I notice any difference at all?). Because from what I've been reading, amlogic might be a safer bet in terms of community support?

Thanks in advance.

I would get the all black MxQ based on the S805 chipset and has a more mature firmware than this box and the price point is around the same. There's also an option of putting OpenElec on it as well, which an added bonus, and it does full/true 1080P output.

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post

I would get the all black MxQ based on the S805 chipset and has a more mature firmware than this box and the price point is around the same. There's also an option of putting OpenElec on it as well, which an added bonus, and it does full/true 1080P output.
          Awesome, such a quick response! Thanks, I'll be looking into the amlogic forums then (now to figure out the difference between a few boxes that look exactly the same that I've found on gearbest).

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Yes, quite happy to check.

I've asked him to compile a list of all the apps and other changes that he has made and report back later.

The Zidoo X1 can do local update with TF card with embedded eMMC though.

Perhaps it is worth downloading their latest OTA update and extracting the source files for comparison?

http://apidl.zidoo.tv/ota/zidoox1/dolphin_fvd_p1-ota-20150710.zip

I'll take that bet

Thank your advise.
            I had tested, Zidoo image also do not fix this problem.
            As the PCBA picture shown , Zidoo X1 is NANDFLASH ,not eMMC. If embedded nandflash, TF card flash is ok.
            My next image will fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by neek View Post

At the end i am puzzeled by this one; SOC can decode really anything in all kinds of resolutions, as i said, i even got better test cases through antutu video tests - app downlaods around 170mb of all kinds of files,
              take look in .antutu directory, you can play all the files from the android ui etc. so the system can deal with any resolution, yet, all apps like kodi, antutu and antutut video benchmark, all point, that the resolution of
              this Maili-400 MP gadget is merely 1280x720...

why lock it? is it a question of firmware/image locked to this resolution, since i can see no plausible reason for this lil' boy not to play and output 4k straight away...
              question to all cracks familiar with SoCs and images - could it be possible to flash another rom/fw which does not have this restriction?

if this could be achieved, allwinner XII, little beelink would be a perfect purchase with incredible price...
              Hi Neek,
              There no any question to lock the UI resolution to 1080p. Why we selected 720p as default is that some old TV no higher that 720p will display nothing. Antutu shows 720 also relate with UI 720p.
              I will release one image with 1080p UI these days. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanny View Post
                Just receiver my X2 box and connected to my Samsung smart Tv and am getting a message "Resalution not supported. Change the resulotion on the external devise" . I can't see how I can do that if I can't see anything on the TV screen. I don't have another tv to try it on. Any ideas what I can do. I just got my A-A USB cable so if needed maybe I can try to flash a new firmware imiage.

Cheers any help is appreciated.

Hi Shanny,
                Please take it easy. About this issue, firstly, check the right TV HDMI channel is selected and the HDMI cable had fullly inserted . Secondly, Check the BOX device power supply is work. Does it blue LED lights after press the button? if not, the reasons maybe no power. Third, If the system runs normally, the blue LED will blinks every time you press the key on the remote. If the system runs ok but there nothing display, then maybe the HDMI socket is loose, or the HDMI cable need to be changed, or try to select another TV HDMI port.

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post

Hi Neek,
                  There no any question to lock the UI resolution to 1080p. Why we selected 720p as default is that some old TV no higher that 720p will display nothing. Antutu shows 720 also relate with UI 720p.

So TRIGTOP YOU are the author of the ROM? compliments! I realised how well put together it is after checking some other ROMs - the interface felling of "player", not phone - just great,
                  and now i can see why you picked 720p. To be honest, I do not care what antutu spits out on higher resolutions, for i can surf on my phone which is faster, has FHD since few years back,
                  i won't be playing any games on this player, but it sure is an advantage, almost a must - to have the highest possible (dis)play quality, at least FHD.

i am humbly looking forward to your 1080p release.
                  btw. i tried out pulsar KODI addon, and i could not believe how well it works, perfik for the people not versatile to computers, internet... - this player is perfect...

and one last question: after i set everything on KODI, is there a way to save all the settings or even slip it into the image somehow? i know it sounds weird or offtopic, sorry in advance.

keep up the excellent work!

Comment

Hi Neek,
                    Good. Can't wait for your 1080p version. Can you also have a look at audio settings? I use spdif for audio pass through and every time I reboot the box it goes back to hdmi. So every time I reboot the box I have to set audio mode to spdif.

Comment

Hi Guys,

My first post here J Great site and folks.
                      I received Tronsmart Draco H3 2 days ago.

I bought it mainly for family trips where we have to stay at hotels/friends or family members.
                      I’m planning to use mSDHC slot mainly with some kids shows. Having working Kodi would be a bonus.

By default Draco H3 comes with 720p Kernel which forces Kodi to display 720p. Also if I’m not mistaken since Kodi does not support Allwiner H3 chipset there is no hw acceleration support and if I’m not mistaken Kodi calls an external video player. (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Currently I’m using stock firmware updated via OTA program (I belive it is from June 6, 2015).

My biggest issues right now is not working usb (micro usb) port on the device. I’ve installed Pheonix software, but it is not being recognizes on my PC (I’ve tried 2 different PCs one with windows 7 and other one with windows 8.1). The usb debugging option is on, is there any other option I have to setup. There is an option to “select usb application you wish to be used for debugging”… it is set to blank I believe. I’ve tried to hold FN button however it didn’t’ make any difference. Upon closer examination it looks like the OTG USB port is a little far pushback / inside the casing. I might try to take it apart to see if that is not an issue.

Next I’ve tried to use Pheonix Disk Loader v3.1 (thanks bluesmanuk). I was able to create 2 mSDHC cards with transmart 1080p firmware. However I didn’t work to update the device. It took a long time to load, after each I got smaller icon, which lead me to believe it work. However the system was super slow and unresponsive and after a minute it rebooted itself. I removed the power and removed the sdhc card, the system rebooted much faster and after checking I was still on the previous firmware. I’m not sure if I should be pressing the FN button to force the device into upgrade mode?

Also I’ve tried preinstalled update firmware utility to try to flash from local disk (sdhc) card, the program said my image was incorrect. I believe you need specially packaged image in order for this to work. The regular image for Pheonix Suit (USB method) won’t work.

So far I’m not too happy:
                      • no native 1080p support in Kodi.
                      • No hw acceleration support in Kodi (will that ever come?).
                      • A lot of io errors when trying to play streams from variety of addon i.e. hd-trailers. What is up with that?What does the io error mean when trying to play stream?
                      • Problems with playing files off SMB windows shares inside Kodi.You can play them ES file manager though.However they are choppy.
                      • Flaky wifi or smb windows mount support, I haven’t tried to test wifi by itself.

Do you guys know if I flash my device with TRIGTOP’s firmware (other device)?

Neek I believe you have tried 1080p firmware and you didn’t like it and you went back to 720p Trigtop’s firmware. I wonder if I should try to flash my Draco with it, if it makes wifi and other things more stable.
                      If I can only figure it out how to flash my device.

I’m sorry for a long post…. J

Cheers…

Comment

Hi Neek,
                        Trigtop,

Great job and thank you for your support. Is it because of 1Gb limitation there is no support for 720p / 1080p native resolutions? I know 1080p requires more power, but most of the displays up there are already 1080p and most of 720p devices can handle 1080p resolution.

Can I flash my Draco H3 device with one of your flashes? If I can, can you please point me to the image I can flash using local storage method mSDHC I would really appreciate.

Thank You :-)

Comment

Originally posted by amd7674 View Post
                          Hi Guys,

My first post here J Great site and folks.
                          I received Tronsmart Draco H3 2 days ago.

I bought it mainly for family trips where we have to stay at hotels/friends or family members.
                          I’m planning to use mSDHC slot mainly with some kids shows. Having working Kodi would be a bonus.

By default Draco H3 comes with 720p Kernel which forces Kodi to display 720p. Also if I’m not mistaken since Kodi does not support Allwiner H3 chipset there is no hw acceleration support and if I’m not mistaken Kodi calls an external video player. (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Currently I’m using stock firmware updated via OTA program (I belive it is from June 6, 2015).

My biggest issues right now is not working usb (micro usb) port on the device. I’ve installed Pheonix software, but it is not being recognizes on my PC (I’ve tried 2 different PCs one with windows 7 and other one with windows 8.1). The usb debugging option is on, is there any other option I have to setup. There is an option to “select usb application you wish to be used for debugging”… it is set to blank I believe. I’ve tried to hold FN button however it didn’t’ make any difference. Upon closer examination it looks like the OTG USB port is a little far pushback / inside the casing. I might try to take it apart to see if that is not an issue.

Next I’ve tried to use Pheonix Disk Loader v3.1 (thanks bluesmanuk). I was able to create 2 mSDHC cards with transmart 1080p firmware. However I didn’t work to update the device. It took a long time to load, after each I got smaller icon, which lead me to believe it work. However the system was super slow and unresponsive and after a minute it rebooted itself. I removed the power and removed the sdhc card, the system rebooted much faster and after checking I was still on the previous firmware. I’m not sure if I should be pressing the FN button to force the device into upgrade mode?

Also I’ve tried preinstalled update firmware utility to try to flash from local disk (sdhc) card, the program said my image was incorrect. I believe you need specially packaged image in order for this to work. The regular image for Pheonix Suit (USB method) won’t work.

So far I’m not too happy:
                          • no native 1080p support in Kodi.
                          • No hw acceleration support in Kodi (will that ever come?).
                          • A lot of io errors when trying to play streams from variety of addon i.e. hd-trailers. What is up with that?What does the io error mean when trying to play stream?
                          • Problems with playing files off SMB windows shares inside Kodi.You can play them ES file manager though.However they are choppy.
                          • Flaky wifi or smb windows mount support, I haven’t tried to test wifi by itself.

Do you guys know if I flash my device with TRIGTOP’s firmware (other device)?

Neek I believe you have tried 1080p firmware and you didn’t like it and you went back to 720p Trigtop’s firmware. I wonder if I should try to flash my Draco with it, if it makes wifi and other things more stable.
                          If I can only figure it out how to flash my device.

I’m sorry for a long post…. J

Cheers…

The Zidoo X1, which is also H3 based does support hardware accelerated playback.

So there is hope.

You can certainly flash another devices ROM although you may find that wireless support varies between the ROM's.

Comment

Originally posted by amd7674 View Post

Trigtop,

Great job and thank you for your support. Is it because of 1Gb limitation there is no support for 720p / 1080p native resolutions? I know 1080p requires more power, but most of the displays up there are already 1080p and most of 720p devices can handle 1080p resolution.

Can I flash my Draco H3 device with one of your flashes? If I can, can you please point me to the image I can flash using local storage method mSDHC I would really appreciate.

Thank You :-)

You can flash any H3 based ROM using the same tools (Phoenixsuite/{Phoenixcard)

Comment

You can flash any H3 based ROM using the same tools (Phoenixsuite/{Phoenixcard)
                              Thank you for your feedback. I was unsuccessful using both methods. Do you know which firmware would work using pre-installed flash utility using local storage?

Comment

The Zidoo X1, which is also H3 based does support hardware accelerated playback.

So there is hope.

You can certainly flash another devices ROM although you may find that wireless support varies between the ROM's.
                                Thank you :-).... I will try to disassemble my device this weekend. I really think the OTG usb port is way inside and there is no good contact with it, thus my PCs don't see the device.

Comment

Working...
                                X