Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post
    Hello boys ,
    I 'm from the X2 factory TRIGTOP. I want to say something about my lovely X2.

We don't sale device ourself because we specialized field is manufacture. We have many customers, such as beelink.
    Just a question. A long time I do not go to visit Beelink's factory (from they moved to LongHua), but as I know they design their boards (Netxeon).

I know Beelink well, even I am the one who suggested Netxeon to set-up their own brand, then they made Beelink.

As I said, a long time do not see them, then maybe I am not up to date... so you are saying TRIGTOP is developing boards for Netxeon (Beelink) now?

Thanks
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

I think this is not a beelink product, someone on gearbest labeled it as much, probably to get more sales. It's listed online by other shops as unbranded.

http://hindotech.en.alibaba.com/prod...V_Box_X2.html

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?...archText=h3+x2

China-1 Stock | Buy X2 Android 4.4 TV BOX Allwinner H3 Quad Core Mali 400MP2 1G/8G 802.11b/g/n LAN HDMI 4K H.265 online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
        I think this is not a beelink product, someone on gearbest labeled it as much, probably to get more sales. It's listed online by other shops as unbranded.

http://hindotech.en.alibaba.com/prod...V_Box_X2.html

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?...archText=h3+x2

China-1 Stock | Buy X2 Android 4.4 TV BOX Allwinner H3 Quad Core Mali 400MP2 1G/8G 802.11b/g/n LAN HDMI 4K H.265 online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.
        I have good relation with Netxeon's hardware engineer, then I will ask him tomorrow or monday. Anyway, Netxeon usually sells their product to another brands like Tronsmart and even they may have a "neutral" case that can be branded by third parts.
        Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I asked Gearbest about this very thing,

Why is this advertised as a Beelink item when Beelink make no mention of it on their site and do not support it? People purchase on the basis of known and established brand names and this is misleading as there is no official support channel.

Their reply was:

'It is the new items from Beelink company.We have beelink brand licensing, we are the one of the main promotion site of the beelink company.'

Not too uncommon a thing in many an industry, especially televisions where you can buy a big brand name TV such as Panasonic, at the lower end of the market, which is actually made by Vestel.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hello everybody,
            Glad to return. Developing new product so I am off line for long time.
            There seems still many guy confused about the relationships between X2 and Beelink, haha.
            Brand stands for quality and services. As a manufacturer, I can say and said X2 ‘s circuit schematic design and hardware components are well done.

Hi Javier, thank your informations.

Comment

What exciting new product have you been developing and is it something that is coming for the X2 users?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                A couple of weeks ago I asked Gearbest about this very thing,

Why is this advertised as a Beelink item when Beelink make no mention of it on their site and do not support it? People purchase on the basis of known and established brand names and this is misleading as there is no official support channel.

Their reply was:

'It is the new items from Beelink company.We have beelink brand licensing, we are the one of the main promotion site of the beelink company.'

Not too uncommon a thing in many an industry, especially televisions where you can buy a big brand name TV such as Panasonic, at the lower end of the market, which is actually made by Vestel.
                I guess the same thing is going on with the "Beelink" GTQ over at Gearbest.

Comment

I have the Beelink X2 on the firmware that it ships with. I'd like to update the firmware to the 1080p firmware, but I do not have a USB A-A cable.
                  I would like to do a local update, meaning update the firmware from a USB stick or onboard memory.
                  Can I do this?
                  Do I need a different version of the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by dough4you View Post
                    I have the Beelink X2 on the firmware that it ships with. I'd like to update the firmware to the 1080p firmware, but I do not have a USB A-A cable.
                    I would like to do a local update, meaning update the firmware from a USB stick or onboard memory.
                    Can I do this?
                    Do I need a different version of the firmware?

You can use a USB stick/external SD card or onboard memory to install the OTA updates.

Just run the update app and browse to where you have the OTA update stored.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                      I guess the same thing is going on with the "Beelink" GTQ over at Gearbest.

Does seem a little odd that Beelink would lend their name to all these third parties, especially if support doesn't turn out to be good which could damage the brand name.

Comment

You can use a USB stick/external SD card or onboard memory to install the OTA updates.

Just run the update app and browse to where you have the OTA update stored.

But where do I find the 1080p firmware update? I know TRIGTOP posted a 1080p firmware a few pages back, but I was under the impression it was only to be used with the A-A USB cable method??
                        I couldn't find a specific 1080p firmware for USB stick, or is it the exact same firmware??

Dough

Comment

Originally posted by dough4you View Post

But where do I find the 1080p firmware update? I know TRIGTOP posted a 1080p firmware a few pages back, but I was under the impression it was only to be used with the A-A USB cable method??
                          I couldn't find a specific 1080p firmware for USB stick, or is it the exact same firmware??

Dough

No it doesn't look as if an OTA update was posted for the 1080p firmware, so worth a PM to Trigtop to see if he has one available for that particular version.

Comment

Are H3 Chipset anything to do with Rockchip?

Comment

Originally posted by Turvy View Post
                              Are H3 Chipset anything to do with Rockchip?

No.

H3 is Allwinner.

Comment

No.

H3 is Allwinner.

I knew that

Thanks.
                                I was doing something last night with the box and a few things happened that were reminiscent of the Rockchip. So I dived in with both feet.

On a seperate note, has anybody a decent app installer app for this box? And a link to a decent widget Digital Clock?
                                I've tried a few from the play store and they weren't very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X