Beelink X2 H3 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amd7674 View Post

Thank you for your feedback. I was unsuccessful using both methods. Do you know which firmware would work using pre-installed flash utility using local storage?

All firmwares can use the same processes.

Using local device storage would only mean use of the OTA updates as far as i know, so either of the Phoenix methods will be required for a full flash.

I have driver issues with the Phoenixsuite, so use the phoenixcard route to write to a microSD card and flash from that.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Thank you :-).... I will try to disassemble my device this weekend. I really think the OTG usb port is way inside and there is no good contact with it, thus my PCs don't see the device.

There is no OTG port on the box from what I know so far.

Although if you do take a peek inside and find one then great.

You may well find pins for the option of one but then that would take a soldering iron.

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post

Hi Neek,
        There no any question to lock the UI resolution to 1080p. Why we selected 720p as default is that some old TV no higher that 720p will display nothing. Antutu shows 720 also relate with UI 720p.
        I will release one image with 1080p UI these days. thanks.

Please release a rooted 1080P firmware soon, as I have over 10 boxes sitting here collecting dust. Also, one other request, can you please get rid of the XBMC shortcut on home page so people can link to whichever version, like SPMC, or at least make it possible that the XBMC shortcut opens the app of your choice so SPMC and be opened from there. I have used SPMC on this box that came with original firmware and it works beautifully better than the included Kodi, I would rather have an "All Apps" button and the ability to make a few shortcuts for your favorite apps instead of the XBMC button like the MBOX launcher. Please release something soon

Comment

Originally posted by Shanny View Post
          Just receiver my X2 box and connected to my Samsung smart Tv and am getting a message "Resalution not supported. Change the resulotion on the external devise" . I can't see how I can do that if I can't see anything on the TV screen. I don't have another tv to try it on. Any ideas what I can do. I just got my A-A USB cable so if needed maybe I can try to flash a new firmware imiage.

Cheers any help is appreciated.
          I had the same issue with my Samsung 720p plasma TV. The default on Draco H3 was set to 720p60. I had use my LG 1080p tv to recognized and change resolution to 1080p60 after which Samsung plasma TV was able to recognize the device.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

There is no OTG port on the box from what I know so far.

Although if you do take a peek inside and find one then great.

You may well find pins for the option of one but then that would take a soldering iron.
            I'm sorry I was referring to USB port on H3 device to connect to my PC.

Comment

All firmwares can use the same processes.

Using local device storage would only mean use of the OTA updates as far as i know, so either of the Phoenix methods will be required for a full flash.

I have driver issues with the Phoenixsuite, so use the phoenixcard route to write to a microSD card and flash from that.
              I thought TRIGTOP said there needs to be a special prepared firmware to be able to flash device from local storage. Are you happy with X1 image? Where can I get it? did you use the card method to flash it?

If anyone knows how to flash Draco H3 using PheonixCard? Do I have to press FN button when I connect power to the device? I really do not know how to flash my device. Using images with preinstalled local program does not work for me.

Comment

I'm sorry I was referring to USB port on H3 device to connect to my PC.

Does your PC not see it at all then when you connect it?

Comment

I thought TRIGTOP said there needs to be a special prepared firmware to be able to flash device from local storage. Are you happy with X1 image? Where can I get it? did you use the card method to flash it?

If anyone knows how to flash Draco H3 using PheonixCard? Do I have to press FN button when I connect power to the device? I really do not know how to flash my device. Using images with preinstalled local program does not work for me.

I have an X1 and tried the X2 firmware, which worked fine, except for WiFi not working.

You can get it here.

Update List: System: 1.Add the entrance of system settings,can find the Setting ICON among all the applications; 2.Add root function; 3.Add...

I use the phoenixcard method, which works just fine for me.

Phoenixcard requires no cable connection.

You write the image to a microsd card and then insert it in the box, whereupon it flashes the image as soon as you switch it on.

I uploaded the Phoenixcard program here

Format your card in Windows, then format it again using the program, pick the image file and then write it.

Comment

Does your PC not see it at all then when you connect it?
                    Not at all (tried it on 2 different PCs). When I look at the micro usb socket it looks like it is mounted too deep. Thus there is no activity on PC. If it was driver issue I would see at least some activity when device is connected. Maybe my device has faulty usb port... who knows.

Comment

I have an X1 and tried the X2 firmware, which worked fine, except for WiFi not working.

You can get it here.

Update List: System: 1.Add the entrance of system settings,can find the Setting ICON among all the applications; 2.Add root function; 3.Add...

I use the phoenixcard method, which works just fine for me.

Phoenixcard requires no cable connection.

You write the image to a microsd card and then insert it in the box, whereupon it flashes the image as soon as you switch it on.

I uploaded the Phoenixcard program here

Format your card in Windows, then format it again using the program, pick the image file and then write it.
                      Thank you again for your feedback.

I have already tried your method using phoenixCard. I have used draco's 1080p test firmware with phoenixcard software. It took very long time to copy everything, but it was successful.
                      However when I looked the card after, it was blanked... so I don't know if that worked fine. Can you please check on your sdhc card if you can see anything on your windows box? I expect some files in the root.
                      After inserting the file it took very long time for the system to boot. All I saw was Tronsmart logo... after long time I got main menu with smaller fonts but the system rebooted shortely after... Therefore there is something wrong with the disk I have created. Based on your instructions I should be seeing fw upgrade page.... not Tronsmart logo....

Thanks again for your help :-) I'm sure I'm getting close... LOL :-)

Comment

I have already tried your method using phoenixCard. I have used draco's 1080p test firmware with phoenixcard software. It took very long time to copy everything, but it was successful.
                        However when I looked the card after, it was blanked... so I don't know if that worked fine. Can you please check on your sdhc card if you can see anything on your windows box? I expect some files in the root.
                        After inserting the file it took very long time for the system to boot. All I saw was Tronsmart logo... after long time I got main menu with smaller fonts but the system rebooted shortely after... Therefore there is something wrong with the disk I have created. Based on your instructions I should be seeing fw upgrade page.... not Tronsmart logo....

You will not see any files when you connect micro sd to pc. The files are stored in separate partition and you don't see it on pc.
                        Also I had draco h3 and both flasing methods worked. I am not sure but try both usb ports. I don't remember witch one of them worked for flashing because I sold mine due to wifi issues i had.

Comment

No I don't think that you will see anything in windows as the card will be prepared specially for flashing.

After you insert it into the box you will usually see the light flashing away on the box and a red oblong border on screen with a green progress bar within it.

I haven't tried the Tronsmart image myself, so not sure exactly how well it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by DiZet View Post

You will not see any files when you connect micro sd to pc. The files are stored in separate partition and you don't see it on pc.
                            Also I had draco h3 and both flasing methods worked. I am not sure but try both usb ports. I don't remember witch one of them worked for flashing because I sold mine due to wifi issues i had.
                            thank you for the info. That makes sense. Do you know if I have to hold FN bottom when powering up the device? I will try both ports tonight, including keyboard/mouse port, perhaps usb is for storage devices...hmmm....

Did you try 1080p beta flash or any other flash? what sort of wifi issues did you experiance... slow or wifi drop outs?

Comment

No I don't think that you will see anything in windows as the card will be prepared specially for flashing.

After you insert it into the box you will usually see the light flashing away on the box and a red oblong border on screen with a green progress bar within it.

I haven't tried the Tronsmart image myself, so not sure exactly how well it will work.
                              Thank you I will try that tonight... I will try DiZet's suggesting and I will try keyboard/mouse usb port to see if I can connect to my PC. I will report later tonight....

Comment

Ok... I believe there is an OTG micro usb port which doesn't work.

I just created zidoo flash sdhc card using phoenixcard method. When I power device with it, i see zidoo logo and after long time it boots to the menu... i can see wifi is disabled etc... nicer UI comparing to Tronsmart. However everything is slow and slugish. It looks like everyhting is running off SDHC memory.

Maybe I used wrong write method when using Phoenixcard software. I used the middle radio button (Startup M..)... Should I be using Product or Burn Key instead?

As for Zidoo there are two firmwares one is for OTA which I could probably use using local storage update... and img which can be used with (Phoenixsuite/{Phoenixcard).

I think I'm getting close... :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X