Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Hi,

AMLinux Gotham 13.2 for ENY EM8 is ready.

Download it from http://www.stane1983.com/amlinux/

More info on same page.

Install via Update application in android or from recovery menu by selecting downloaded zip.

BE NOTED: This Linux firmware is for EM8 box ONLY. It will upgrade bootloader on box.

Cheers,
    Stane1983
    Last edited by stane1983; 10-26-2014, 20:48.
    If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
    Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
    Hi,

I made M8 Linux XBMC build for EM8 box (with AP6330 wifi, not sure if there are boxes with other wifi, in worst case wifi will not work for you).

Bugs:
    • Bootlogo and splashscreens (booting up/shutting down) are not shown
    • 720p and 1080i/1080p resolutions work for sure, however I'm pretty sure 4k output will not work at all or will not work correctly
    • When network connected via cable MAC address is picked randomly so on each reboot box will have different MAC address and IP address assigned by router. This means that router's DHCP pool might fill up quickly if there are many reboots.
    • for you to tell

Download: Link

Install via Update application in android or from recovery menu by selecting downloaded zip.

BE NOTED: This Linux firmware is for EM8 box ONLY. It will upgrade bootloader on box so it will output default resolution on HDMI 720p instead of 1080p

Cheers,
    Stane1983
    Thanks for the great work, couple of questions:

1- Does the bootloader allow to boot into Android with a menu option or does the box lose Android O/S?

I really need certain Android apps.

2- Will there be a version with 1080p boot in future like Finless recent ROMs?

Thanks again

Comment

Hi,

I made M8 Linux XBMC build for EM8 box (with AP6330 wifi, not sure if there are boxes with other wifi, in worst case wifi will not work for you).

Bugs:
      • Bootlogo and splashscreens (booting up/shutting down) are not shown
      • 720p and 1080i/1080p resolutions work for sure, however I'm pretty sure 4k output will not work at all or will not work correctly
      • When network connected via cable MAC address is picked randomly so on each reboot box will have different MAC address and IP address assigned by router. This means that router's DHCP pool might fill up quickly if there are many reboots.
      • for you to tell

Download: Link

BE NOTED: This Linux firmware is for EM8 box ONLY. It will upgrade bootloader on box so it will output default resolution on HDMI 720p instead of 1080p

Cheers,
      Stane1983

Cheers mate just testing now
      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by washere View Post
        Thanks for the great work, couple of questions:

1- Does the bootloader allow to boot into Android with a menu option or does the box lose Android O/S?

I really need certain Android apps.

2- Will there be a version with 1080p boot in future like Finless recent ROMs?

Thanks again
        Hi, it's NAND install like MX linux, means Android is gone. I changed to 720p initial output because some users have older TVs which don't support 1080p. Resolution to 1080p can be changed in xbmc.

Comment

Hi, it's NAND install like MX linux, means Android is gone. I changed to 720p initial output because some users have older TVs which don't support 1080p. Resolution to 1080p can be changed in xbmc.

all good here
          i also now notice there is more ram available before it used be 900 to 1100MB now I have 1435 mb free

cpu 0 = 2.1%
          cpu 1 = 1.2%
          cpu 2 = ?
          cpu 3 = ?

1920x 1080p 28 to 60fps

memory usuage 6%

all in idle mode

xbmc 13.1 compiled Jul 9th
          operating system Linux 3.10.47

switch xbmc off and unit switched off , then use remote to switch back on

40sec to boot into xbmc
          oh yeah heap snapier to navigate

Can confirm bug power on logo and switching off randomly show upor screwed up

Dobro Falla

JustMe
          Last edited by JustMe; 07-16-2014, 02:26.

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Hi, thanks. If this is installed, can it be reverted back to Android via recovery? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by washere View Post
              Hi, thanks. If this is installed, can it be reverted back to Android via recovery? Cheers.
              Yup, just put android firmware on sdcard and boot into recovery with recovery button pressed.

Comment

Yup, just put android firmware on sdcard and boot into recovery with recovery button pressed.
                Thanks. Might have to buy another box, one for each system.

Comment

be nice if there was liek ookla speed test in xbmc which i use some time to see if there issues with the net when movies are playing slow

JustMe

JustMe

Comment

will there ever be 12.3 version stanes

JustMe

Comment

- Bug I lose usb mouse I cannot get it to work it just disappears and have to unplug and plug back in

- Bug also in wifi manager does not show the ssid to connect to

JustMe

JustMe

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                        be nice if there was liek ookla speed test in xbmc which i use some time to see if there issues with the net when movies are playing slow

JustMe
                        Run speedtest-cli in ssh console

Comment

will there ever be 12.3 version stanes
                          Frodo? No, porting all m8 changes back to grodo... Too much work

Comment

Bug I lose usb mouse I cannot get it to work it just disappears and have to unplug and plug back in

JustMe
                            Might be kernel bug, will try to compile with more recent kernel src tree

Comment

ok thank also

- Bug also in wifi manager does not show the ssid to connect to

JustMe

JustMe

Comment

Working...
                              X