Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMx View Post
    Fantastic!

Plays what ever video file format I've tried from NAS or usb stick...

I have problem with the timezone

this fixed the time
    date +%T%p -s "1237"

I've tried this for the Date but no joy ;
    # date +%Y%m%d -s "20140716"

date moves a year forward every enter LOL its 1973 now

hwclock -r
    Sun Apr 7 20:35:58 1974 -10.009570 seconds

also there are some gpu issues with the new aeon nox gotham edition but other than that its Perfect...

Many thanx for sharing

P.s whats the ftp username and password pls...

ssh/putty logon info
    logon: root
    password: letmein
    I would also like to know the FTP password and username.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
      I would also like to know the FTP password and username.

Thanks
      There is no FTP, I think its SFTP installed, password is same: root/letmein
      If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
      Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Tried sftp with winscp and no dice maybe wrong port?

Comment

Tried sftp with winscp and no dice maybe wrong port?
          Sorry, I was wrong. Its ProFTPD installed, but not working as it should. SFTP is not installed.

Will change to sftp in next fw, i recall I always had some issues with proftpd on buildroot linux.

Comment

Thanks stane1983 your work is well appreciated

Comment

Some answers

@JustMe
              - Bug I lose usb mouse I cannot get it to work it just disappears and have to unplug and plug back in

Will check that, I'm using also 2.4G airfly mouse + keyboard and did not notice that issue

- Bug also in wifi manager does not show the ssid to connect to

which wifi module used in box? Which router? More info... On my box it works.

- very slow network allot of buffering via lan network side need tweaking also i think

Wifi or lan? I can't do hard tests on that but speedtest showed me 9.58Mbit/s download which is ok for my 10Mbit download speed max (Internet)
              over wifi

@Marton4
              - Question: does the installed XBMC have AMLogic hardware support?

Yes, video is HW accelerated

@madweegie
              - Does the linux xbmc auto switch resolution for movies on android hardware ? like 24hz etc etc

I think not and can't test it because my TV doesn't support 24hz. Anyway, if it does, in settings you
              should be able to switch to 24hz.

Cheers,
              Stane1983

Comment

Great Start

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                @JustMe
                - Bug I lose usb mouse I cannot get it to work it just disappears and have to unplug and plug back in

Will check that, I'm using also 2.4G airfly mouse + keyboard and did not notice that issue

- very slow network allot of buffering via lan network side need tweaking also i think

Wifi or lan? I can't do hard tests on that but speedtest showed me 9.58Mbit/s download which is ok for my 10Mbit download speed max (Internet)
                over wifi

@Marton4
                - Question: does the installed XBMC have AMLogic hardware support?

Yes, video is HW accelerated

@madweegie
                - Does the linux xbmc auto switch resolution for movies on android hardware ? like 24hz etc etc

I think not and can't test it because my TV doesn't support 24hz. Anyway, if it does, in settings you
                should be able to switch to 24hz.

Cheers,
                Stane1983

This is a great initiative. I tested the build today and found a lot to like. Well done, you

Ethernet performance falls behind the rest: some significant buffering on my 100 mbps link. Altogether more than with Lifeforce or Finless Android. Fix that, add a splash screen with your sig and we're away!

Comment

@JustMe

over wifi

Cheers,
                  Stane1983

Stane,

The chipset is AP6330 module and the router is a netgear d6300

slow speed is lan , I cannot test wifi as my wifi manager show no ssid for me to connect too.

also what is the ftp credentials?

JustMe
                  Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                    FTV is broken 13.1 issue... Mashup links has some server issues at the moment ...Navi-X Ok here...
                    FTV working for me fine apart from the buffering every 5 seconds with linux xbmc on andriod rom no issues with buffering .

JustMe

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

speed test on console

SD : 231.345 ms
                      Testing download speed........................................
                      Download: 10.30 Mbit/s
                      Testing upload speed............................................. .....
                      Upload: 0.79 Mbit/s

around 2.5 to 3Mbit/s to US Servers

JustMe

JustMe

Comment

Personally, I'm having headache when I have to develop any kind of firmware for devices from EM8 manufacturer (m3, mx2...). I'll build it after linux for s82, but I cant promise it will work fluent...
                        I agree completely! I almost gave up doing any work on this box!
                        It gave me headaches!

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          I agree completely! I almost gave up doing any work on this box!
                          It gave me headaches!

Bob
                          Well you linux build is quite nice.. not sure how different this is from an Android kernel... but please don't give up on these boxes....

Comment

Well you linux build is quite nice.. not sure how different this is from an Android kernel... but please don't give up on these boxes....
                            Its not about kernel, its about hw design and hw changes. m3 for example had idk, 6 or 7 PCB revisions, 2 or 3 different nand chips (and one of them was not supported in latest m3 kernel which is EOL, 2013-07-01), they switched from realtek 8192cu wifi chip to 8188eu and then back to 8192... factory is just making a mess... Similar issues with mx2 box.

User here claims that his box does have Broadcom ap6330 wifi module and it doesn't work... My box have same wifi module and it works...

I'm not giving up, just complaining

Comment

That's understandable.

Comment

factory is just making a mess... Similar issues with mx2 box.
                                +100!

ENY contacted me several times but never followed up! I don't think they care.

This hardware is a mess and I agree....

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X