No announcement yet.

Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i ask what next release will be ? will be bug fixes and newer kernal?

also will it include ftp ?

JustMe
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Wow.

Any love for minix?

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
        Nope straight xbmc player my friend

JustMe
        Yeah, I get that, have used one of Stanes MX2 Linux Builds. I`m just wondering if its possible to install a Desktop environment such as XDE on an ARM build? Ubuntu and Arch have ARM builds so I`d guess that window managers have been compiled for ARM. I love the idea of a Linux build but you lose so much functionality behind with Android. A web browser on the TV is so useful for Cookery, solving arguments etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deggie View Post
          Yeah, I get that, have used one of Stanes MX2 Linux Builds. I`m just wondering if its possible to install a Desktop environment such as XDE on an ARM build? Ubuntu and Arch have ARM builds so I`d guess that window managers have been compiled for ARM. I love the idea of a Linux build but you lose so much functionality behind with Android. A web browser on the TV is so useful for Cookery, solving arguments etc etc.
          See this.

For now it is not possible because we don't have armhf mali libraries. Amlogic only provided armel which won't work with armhf Linux distros (and most of them are armhf).
          If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
          Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

@Stane1983 yesterday I enabled Dolby digital and DTS pass through on the linux build, I tried multiple different HDMI cords. I get UI sound but when I go play a movie sound dies... If I disabled pass through the sound is OK.... just not sure if this is a BUG. I can get an XBMC log up for you if that will help you...

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
              @Stane1983 yesterday I enabled Dolby digital and DTS pass through on the linux build, I tried multiple different HDMI cords. I get UI sound but when I go play a movie sound dies... If I disabled pass through the sound is OK.... just not sure if this is a BUG. I can get an XBMC log up for you if that will help you...
              Log would be good. I'm pretty sure what is going on, but can't test myself because I don't have equipment.

Comment

This is an awesome bit of work. 10 out of 10 for this thank you so much.

this alone has transformed my box into a useable box that functions exactly how I want it to.

no more freezing in xbmc
                no more random reboots

i look forward to your future updates

many thanks again

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                  Log would be good. I'm pretty sure what is going on, but can't test myself because I don't have equipment.
                  Will get it as soon as I can

Comment

@Stane1983

Here link to my XBMC logs...

today dolby digital worked in passthrough.. my receiver is and ONKYO. Not sure if you need that info... let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                      See this.

For now it is not possible because we don't have armhf mali libraries. Amlogic only provided armel which won't work with armhf Linux distros (and most of them are armhf).
                      Thanks for the reply. Now I understand.

Comment

Hi stane1983,

Do you happen to have the source code of your firmware online?

I am assisting with a port of the M802 firmware for the Onda V975m and we are running into compilation issues. My understanding is the S802 is exactly the same SoC but with slight changes to do with the media player space, so wanting to see if the kernel compiled for the S will work on the M's

Cheers
                        YorT

Comment

Originally posted by yort View Post
                          Hi stane1983,

Do you happen to have the source code of your firmware online?

I am assisting with a port of the M802 firmware for the Onda V975m and we are running into compilation issues. My understanding is the S802 is exactly the same SoC but with slight changes to do with the media player space, so wanting to see if the kernel compiled for the S will work on the M's

Cheers
                          YorT
                          Hi, I have on my github complete structure (nand, pmu...) GPL released kernel (2014-06-18) here. Buildroot used to compile M8 firmware is not open source yet, as you can see on http://www.stane1983.com/amlinux/.

And yes, kernel is the same for S802 and M802, I did not see any other branches specific to MID platform on openlinux private repositories. If your kernel is not booting, I would look at how its compiled and if device tree file is correct.

Kernel image = uImage + compiled dtb + initramfs (created with mkbootimg)

Comment

Edit: posted in the wrong topic... moved to S89 linux
                            Last edited by pyn; 07-20-2014, 15:28.

Comment

Good evening everyone,
                              Try "Matricom" deposit, it well evolu, and begins to integrate drivers DVB (ATBM886x DTMB/DVBC) : https://github.com/Matricom/kernel_a...amlogic/dvb_tv
                              New models M8 could happen very soon !

I also worked on a project Linux, but not on the M8 yet because it does not include driver DVB-T2/S2.
                              A link on the model that I work : http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/05/...-dvb-t2-tuner/
                              Read also about the "mkbootimg", because on my side I also have problems of montages of partitions, testing compatible Kernel, I quickly understood than those who work integrating a layer "CPIO", I therefore integrate into my kernel a "rootfs.cpio.gz" made by myself with a "busybox", and it works very well !

Comment

How Adjust the screen, xbmc is big, small screen

Install the firmware. Great. Question. As adjusted to normalize the screen. How adjust

Comment

Working...
                                X