Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozychris View Post
    hi all i am loving my M8 unit now thanks to stane the only problem i have is some times i turn on my unit and find its not connected to the lan so i just turn it off and re start it and its fine are any of you finding this by chance ?.

Trust me its a small insignificant problem that is over come by re starting the unit just thort to ask.
    Hi,

LAN on M8 and S82 needs improvements. Working on that.
    If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
    Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
      Hi,

LAN on M8 and S82 needs improvements. Working on that.
      Hiya stane thanks for the replie all good i am very grateful for what you have all ready done and look forward to the next version mate thanks .

Comment

Hi stane, really enjoying your xbmc linux build but one little annoyance is it doesn't have the exact same IR remote layout compared to android. The stock remote works fine but as you probably know the eny m8 share the same IR instructions as the G-Box Midnight MX2. So I can use that remote extra buttons (play/pause, fwd, rwd etc.) with the m8 on android. Is this possible to implement the same layout on your Linux build?

Thanks, I appreciate your work.

Comment

Hi,
          Can someone please advise how do i open ssh console to do a speed test?

Comment

Originally posted by Iru786 View Post
            Hi,
            Can someone please advise how do i open ssh console to do a speed test?
            You can google putty ssh client and download it to you pc. No need to install it just run the .exe file from a pc and enter the ip address of your M8 box in the ip address / hostname field, leave the port as 22 and the connection type as SSH, click open, accept the sshkey prompt and enter the username root and letmein as the password. Once the session is open type speedtest-cli and press enter. To close the ssh session just type exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Night_Hawk View Post
              You can google putty ssh client and download it to you pc. No need to install it just run the .exe file from a pc and enter the ip address of your M8 box in the ip address / hostname field, leave the port as 22 and the connection type as SSH, click open, accept the sshkey prompt and enter the username root and letmein as the password. Once the session is open type speedtest-cli and press enter. To close the ssh session just type exit.
              thanks mate. appreciate it.

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by lowsum View Post
                Hi stane, really enjoying your xbmc linux build but one little annoyance is it doesn't have the exact same IR remote layout compared to android. The stock remote works fine but as you probably know the eny m8 share the same IR instructions as the G-Box Midnight MX2. So I can use that remote extra buttons (play/pause, fwd, rwd etc.) with the m8 on android. Is this possible to implement the same layout on your Linux build?

Thanks, I appreciate your work.
                Not sure if this will work.. but here is a key mapping addon for xbmc.... maybe you can remap the key with it...

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                  Both versions (Square box and S82) will get update this weekend or beginning of next week )
                  Will the update include the newer boards for use ??? If you do that,those would be excellent news !!!!

Also , did you get the new MX3 Box 1gb version yet?? Are you planning to release a linux build for that box as well any time soon ???

Comment

... the new MX3 Box 1gb version... Are you planning to release a linux build for that box as well any time soon ???
                    I just ordered one new MX3 Box 1gb version. Hope that you will also have/release Linux buid for this box.

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Just happened to drop by this thread..so it means android is gone....replaced with linux ...i know this is still beta...anybody care to share their experience on this pls...??how does this run.??

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
                        Just happened to drop by this thread..so it means android is gone....replaced with linux ...i know this is still beta...anybody care to share their experience on this pls...??how does this run.??

Skr8 $Money$ !!! Stane the Mane!!!

Comment

Linux xbmc is the best end of lol

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is 10 million times better then andriod

Comment

M8 terrible wifi range

But I tell you one thing. The M8 is a piece of shi. F the BRICS!!

Comment

Can anybody post a video of their M8 using this linux build...thanks...

Comment

Working...
                                X