X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Reply

@pigbait, clear-headed reply, thanks.

Comment

My stock remote isn't working. Can't adjust volume or even turn the box off.

My wireless keyboard works, accept for volume down.

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
        My stock remote isn't working. Can't adjust volume or even turn the box off.

My wireless keyboard works, accept for volume down.
        Did you install the file from this thread post 1 or did you install the one located on Stanes website?

I had the same thing happen when I installed the one on his website which I dont think I should have since it is apparently for other model boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
          Did you install the file from this thread post 1 or did you install the one located on Stanes website?

I had the same thing happen when I installed the one on his website which I dont think I should have since it is apparently for other model boxes.
          From his website. Didn't realize they were different builds.

Did you install the one from this thread right over top of the one from his site. Or did you have to reinstall the original android firmware first and then the build from page 1.

Thanks
          Last edited by al8782; 09-11-2014, 13:38.

Comment

I installed the build from page one.

Cant connect to wifi - no access points show up to choose. When I load my Mx2 boxes and don't install the original Android firmware like 1.1.5 or 1.1.6 before I install a linux build I get no access points also.

But with this box I wiped cache, clear data/ factory reset, rebooted and install this build but over to of Stanes other linux. What I need is the M8's original firmware so I can reinstall that and then install the linux build from this thread.

Does anyone know where to get the M8's original firmware?

Thanks

Comment

Going to try this one: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Android-TV-BOX

Comment

Ok went back to original Android build for M8 and installed the linux build here. Still no access points to choose from to connect to wifi.

Is this a known bug?

Comment

Ok went back to original Android build for M8 and installed the linux build here. Still no access points to choose from to connect to wifi.

Is this a known bug?
                  that at means it's not an official em8 tomato box, it has a different wifi chip etc inside which has no linux build as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by nukeybrown View Post
                    that at means it's not an official em8 tomato box, it has a different wifi chip etc inside which has no linux build as yet.
                    I must if bought the wrong box. It's a square m8, I got if from geekbuying.

I see what you're saying about the wifi. Reread what Stane said about the wifi chip.
                    Last edited by al8782; 09-12-2014, 00:30.

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                      from my understanding stane is waiting on more kernel release, I'm sure he hasn't forgot about us... we just all need to be patient my self included
                      I did not forget you guys I'm testing linux and android firmwares for m8 boxes. Don't want to release semi-working fw.

For now:
                      - Latest Amlogic armhf compiled kernel with armhf compiled buildroot and xbmc
                      - Initial tests are good, performance increased 30% or even more
                      - Still have to patch minor things in video playback (video goes out of screen).
                      If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                      Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                        I did not forget you guys I'm testing linux and android firmwares for m8 boxes. Don't want to release semi-working fw.

For now:
                        - Still have to patch minor things in video playback (video goes out of screen).

Looks like I bought the wrong square M8 box. Can you tell me the box and model number so I can purchase the right one.

Thanks

Comment

Looks like I bought the wrong square M8 box. Can you tell me the box and model number so I can purchase the right one.

Thanks
                          Wait until I finish things and upload new fw then you will see if it works or not. I'm working with ENY EM8 (manufacturer: Shiningstar).
                          If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                          Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Wait until I finish things and upload new fw then you will see if it works or not. I'm working with ENY EM8 (manufacturer: Shiningstar).
                            Thank you, I will do that

Comment

Stane thanks for the update... your work is really well appreciated

Comment

Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

For now:
                                Is there a way for us to thank you for your work by making a donation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X