Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grate news thanks stane

Comment

I cant wait for my M8 running linux xbmc latest version....thanks..

Comment

I can't stop refreshing this page , think I need page refresh therapy

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
          No, it means MXIII 1Gb I will receive from another source week or 2 later
          Thanks that is great news, I think Linux is the way to make these things more than a big tablet!

While it is off topic are you going to compile an Android version for 1GB too?

Keep up the good work, I wish you the best!

Comment

Hi every one i have been using this now for a while and i love it i hated my M8 as you know lol but now i love it all thanks to stane he honestly deserves many thanks for his work.

I forgot to ask dose this play 4K stane as i hope to get a 4k tv soon just wondering.

I am looking forward to the new version but i am happy with what you gave us now to.

Comment

Originally posted by ozychris View Post
              Hi every one i have been using this now for a while and i love it i hated my M8 as you know lol but now i love it all thanks to stane he honestly deserves many thanks for his work.

I forgot to ask dose this play 4K stane as i hope to get a 4k tv soon just wondering.

I am looking forward to the new version but i am happy with what you gave us now to.

Kodi's, The new name for XBMC, 14.0 version(aka Helix) will support 4K and the AMLogic 802s chip.

Gotham(xbmc 13.2) is the last stable version, so not official support yet.

Comment

I've been using the Mx2 for almost a year now and have messed around with many different linux builds for that system. Most probably know with the Mx2, that certain linux builds need to be installed over firmware 1.1.5 or 1.1.6.

With this linux build does there need to be a certain firmware installed on lets say a M8 Amlogic Quad Core?

I just received my M8 today and want to make sure I install this linux build over the right firmware.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
                  I've been using the Mx2 for almost a year now and have messed around with many different linux builds for that system. Most probably know with the Mx2, that certain linux builds need to be installed over firmware 1.1.5 or 1.1.6.

With this linux build does there need to be a certain firmware installed on lets say a M8 Amlogic Quad Core?

I just received my M8 today and want to make sure I install this linux build over the right firmware.

Thanks
                  I just went into recovery and installed from zip on sd card it removes android,personally i would wait though until the new build is out it is due anytime now.It doesn't matter which firmware you have.

Comment

Originally posted by snelsy View Post
                    I just went into recovery and installed from zip on sd card it removes android,personally i would wait though until the new build is out it is due anytime now.It doesn't matter which firmware you have.
                    What about going back to the original firmware? I got mine from Geekbuying.com I guess they would have a link for the original firmware.

I know on the Mx2 you can't install a difference linux build over top another linux build. You need to reinstall the right firmware for that, either 1.1.5 or 1.1.6.

So I'm use it's the same for the boxes with Amlogic s802's.

Thanks

Comment

I've got the mx2 running openelec which i'm keeping now with the codesnake version it's very good imo,i also have an m8 box which you can just restore to factory settings if you don't like linux.My box is a square m8 box i bought from acemax.I an running stane's linux version and that is better than any android version of xbmc i have tried.

Comment

I've got the mx2 running openelec which i'm keeping now with the codesnake version it's very good imo,i also have an m8 box which you can just restore to factory settings if you don't like linux.My box is a square m8 box i bought from acemax.I an running stane's linux version and that is better than any android version of xbmc i have tried.
                        Yeah, been using Codesnakes OpenELEC also. Glad the system/network config problem is going to be fixed in the next release.

My question is, say you want to install a different Linus build on your M8. Now I'm not sure but wouldn't you have to go back to the original android build before you flash a new linux build, same way as on the Mx2.

What I'm trying to find out is where would be able to get the original firmware for the M8, incase I have to install it again to switch linux builds.

Comment

i used to get my firmware from acemax but the link has been down for a couple of weeks now http://www.acemax.net.cn/en/shownews.asp?id=126,this thread may help you http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ht=m8+firmware

Comment

i used to get my firmware from acemax but the link has been down for a couple of weeks now http://www.acemax.net.cn/en/shownews.asp?id=126,this thread may help you http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ht=m8+firmware
                            Ok thanks appreciate it.

Comment

Next release?

Any word (real) on Stane's next AmLinux release for the M8?

By comparison, the rest of this thread is just a pleasant fireside chat...

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                                Any word (real) on Stane's next AmLinux release for the M8?

By comparison, the rest of this thread is just a pleasant fireside chat...
                                from my understanding stane is waiting on more kernel release, I'm sure he hasn't forgot about us... we just all need to be patient my self included

Comment

Working...
                                X