Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enable WIFI

Sorry guys,

Can anyone direct me in enabling wifi?? As soon as the box starts XBMC launches so from where do I input the password for my router for wifi? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by grixd007 View Post
      Sorry guys,

Can anyone direct me in enabling wifi?? As soon as the box starts XBMC launches so from where do I input the password for my router for wifi? Thanks
      Under Programs you'll see NetWork Manager

Comment

Stane wants to release the next android and linux for M8 together as he said. He is probably incorporating the files from the latest KitKat 4.4.2 stock firmware for M8N AND M8, linked below, which is faster but has performance problems with wifi, ethernet and bluetooth as many know.

He probably got other files from ENY and geekbuying too. So it's worth the wait as they're both getting better and he's capable of fixing their bugs and even enhancing both versions which face many problems in common.

Download latest KitKat 4.4.2 stock firmware for M8 / M8N TV Box from here or here . Download from here previous versions of firmwa...

Comment

Originally posted by pj8 View Post
          Stane wants to release the next android and linux for M8 together as he said. He is probably incorporating the files from the latest KitKat 4.4.2 stock firmware for M8N AND M8, linked below, which is faster but has performance problems with wifi, ethernet and bluetooth as many know.

He probably got other files from ENY and geekbuying too. So it's worth the wait as they're both getting better and he's capable of fixing their bugs and even enhancing both versions which face many problems in common.

http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....ck_19.html?m=1
          haha this is old news its been on acemax site for while maybe stane is waiting for $1000 donation + more for his time

JustMe
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
            haha this is old news its been on acemax site for while maybe stane is waiting for $1000 donation + more for his time

JustMe
            JustMe, you really know how to make good friends in this forum. Really wise considering you have your own ROM...

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by polys View Post
              JustMe, you really know how to make good friends in this forum. Really wise considering you have your own ROM...
              His rom is crap just like his personality... his rom is probably all stolen work anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                His rom is crap just like his personality... his rom is probably all stolen work anyhow
                just put ball down

Comment

JustMe

You are talking out of your asset as a tweaker since actual Rom makers creating major actual New ROMs from their libraries do not bad mouth each other. It's just not a done thing.

Also the Rom I linked is not ancient as you say but only twenty days old.

Finally, whereas the Rom you have tweaked without giving link to the actual Rom by the true developer was made by someone else in your own admission twice as long ago, forty days ago on the first of September.

Good luck.

Comment

OpenElec + PHT

Stane,

Not wanting to take more time away from you with more projects but i was curious how easy would it be for you to create an OpenElec + PHT for the M8.

based on Plex being a Fork of XBMC i assume the code for the relevant Hardware drivers and such would not differ all that much.

If it helps it seems OpenElec themselves created a version with XBMC but for the Amlogic 8726 in the MX2.

Port of the OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes. Contribute to codesnake/OpenELEC.tv development by creating an account on GitHub.

Curious on your thoughts would love it for my M8.

Comment

read post 16 here codesnake has an m8 box to work with http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ight=codesnake

Comment

You are talking out of your asset as a tweaker since actual Rom makers creating major actual New ROMs from their libraries do not bad mouth each other. It's just not a done thing.

Also the Rom I linked is not ancient as you say but only twenty days old.

Finally, whereas the Rom you have tweaked without giving link to the actual Rom by the true developer was made by someone else in your own admission twice as long ago, forty days ago on the first of September.

Good luck.

learn to read , from stanes kernels

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe
                          have ported and tweaked M8N rom to work on original m8 the rom build is 20140901.
                          * As I said no link was given to the developer who actually wrote the ROM, just a date, on the initial release. Then for second version, 1.1 after many asked stane was mentioned. Shameful really.

* OP Last edited: YESTERDAY hours ago, after my points was raised. LEARN TO BE HONEST.

* Also minor tweaks presented as a major ROM again for many days without giving credit to the actual dev: STANE, for well over a week and queries from users.

* Calling a 20 day ROM very old news!

* Presenting his new ROM, actually STANE's ROM with minor tweaks which is FORTY DAYS OLD as the new thing.

* First acknowledging being a minor tweaker and learning the very basics by minor tweaks to someone else's ROM he did not want to divulge for a long time in his own words:
                          Originally posted by JustMe
                          Finless still learning and by far less superior from you and leolas, oman, stane,lifeforce, weasser.
                          Then after a few days goes to his head and starts insulting Stane.

* Makes accusations about integrity of Stane in Stane's thread! And tarnishes his motivations and timing for financial gain only falsely.

* He does not retract his insults to Stane in his thread but keeps making personal comments.

Obviously not learnt or brought up properly not to:
                          insult
                          claim others works as his own
                          and withholding credit for the source tweaked in a minor way as a beginner
                          or not even cover his tracks

Now I would say to people given all the above, install such a person's software at your own risk. Who knows what's in it.

Of course I like the above posters who protest at his insults to the dev he ripped off and tried not to acknowledge for days despite being asked by others speculating on the source for days, would ask people to ignore his insults.

Wait for the real McCoy, Stane's Android and Linux second versions after the debugging.

Stane is a well known person and his code can be trusted and you can sleep easy at night when you use a ROM by Stane or Bob. These are real persons and honest and real developers and they respect other developers too.

Bob will have a look at Stane's next release and if he does a 1.9 I would say try that too as he might improve on it. I'd say save all versions of Stane's for the record and Bob's 1.7 & 1.8 & if 1.9 that too.

With TWRP you can switch quickly by restoring. Also if OpenElec for M8 is released, I'd love to test that too.

Currently Stane's Linux, this thread, is the best still imho.

Beware of putting nameless dodgy shady ROMs on your networks, specially even if they admit they are not devs or even cargo cult level and not learnt properly and just beginning to tweak! Who knows what's phishing your network devices' data. It could leave backdoors open so many dishonest disturbed people, no shortage of them these days, can break in to your network personal data.

Comment

* As I said no link was given to the developer who actually wrote the ROM, just a date, on the initial release. Then for second version, 1.1 after many asked stane was mentioned. Shameful really.

* OP Last edited: YESTERDAY hours ago, after my points was raised. LEARN TO BE HONEST.

* Also minor tweaks presented as a major ROM again for many days without giving credit to the actual dev: STANE, for well over a week and queries from users.

* Calling a 20 day ROM very old news!

* Presenting his new ROM, actually STANE's ROM with minor tweaks which is FORTY DAYS OLD as the new thing.

* First acknowledging being a minor tweaker and learning the very basics by minor tweaks to someone else's ROM he did not want to divulge for a long time in his own words:

Then after a few days goes to his head and starts insulting Stane.

* Makes accusations about integrity of Stane in Stane's thread! And tarnishes his motivations and timing for financial gain only falsely.

* He does not retract his insults to Stane in his thread but keeps making personal comments.

Obviously not learnt or brought up properly not to:
                            insult
                            claim others works as his own
                            and withholding credit for the source tweaked in a minor way as a beginner
                            or not even cover his tracks

Now I would say to people given all the above, install such a person's software at your own risk. Who knows what's in it.

Of course I like the above posters who protest at his insults to the dev he ripped off and tried not to acknowledge for days despite being asked by others speculating on the source for days, would ask people to ignore his insults.

Wait for the real McCoy, Stane's Android and Linux second versions after the debugging.

Stane is a well known person and his code can be trusted and you can sleep easy at night when you use a ROM by Stane or Bob. These are real persons and honest and real developers and they respect other developers too.

Bob will have a look at Stane's next release and if he does a 1.9 I would say try that too as he might improve on it. I'd say save all versions of Stane's for the record and Bob's 1.7 & 1.8 & if 1.9 that too.

With TWRP you can switch quickly by restoring. Also if OpenElec for M8 is released, I'd love to test that too.

Currently Stane's Linux, this thread, is the best still imho.

Beware of putting nameless dodgy shady ROMs on your networks, specially even if they admit they are not devs or even cargo cult level and not learnt properly and just beginning to tweak! Who knows what's phishing your network devices' data. It could leave backdoors open so many dishonest disturbed people, no shortage of them these days, can break in to your network personal data.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult_programming

no one has asked you or forced you to use the rom , at least I'm learning and putting back into the community helping others more than what I can say your doing flapping your gums.

It's box seller like you that demand and expect from from developers to fix all your issues for nothing, these people have life outside of the tv andriod box development or are on other project where people actually pay them to work on. the hours that go into testing development before release is priceless.

as said before just because you made small contribution does not mean he owes you fixes, when stane is ready and feels like releasing a rom he will, he certainly doesn't need budgie on his shoulder pinching his ear ever few days etc. and like previous post if donate $1000+ he may speed up custom rom for you
                            Last edited by JustMe; 10-10-2014, 01:52.

JustMe

Comment

JustMe
                              Stane please ignore such comments.

If you get even newer files from ENY and GeekBuying and it means even longer wait please take your time because after the 2 current R.C. versions and releasing both F.R. versions you might not have time to get back into them. People using your various works know your current projects are getting even better every week.

Many do appreciate you very much.

Comment

^^^ +1 @stane1983 your work is amazing... I wish I could figure this out... I could steal your work and all and claim it as tweaked... but would rather let you do what you do... thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                X