No announcement yet.

Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything was working well for me with this ROM for a week or so until I switched my device on yesterday and noticed my LAN Cable connection was down and my clock was set to 10:00am 01 Jan 1970

Was able to connect to WiFi and fix my clock via Night_Hawk's method but can't get my LAN connection working again. Does anyone know how?

Comment

Originally posted by vinpor View Post
      Everything was working well for me with this ROM for a week or so until I switched my device on yesterday and noticed my LAN Cable connection was down and my clock was set to 10:00am 01 Jan 1970

Was able to connect to WiFi and fix my clock via Night_Hawk's method but can't get my LAN connection working again. Does anyone know how?
      Sounds like some files were corrupted. I'd reinstall in case other system files are corrupted too. Once the proper F.R. version is released, could be this weekeNd, and all settings plus addons is set up to one's taste, it's good to do a TWRP backup for quick restore if files get corrupted again due to power cut or other usual file access or random factors.

Comment

Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Can anyone recommend a keyboard remote that works with this ROM.

It is a super ROM btw. Best ROM for the box.

Comment

Hi,
          Can anyone put his motherboard pic of M8 , which he successfully installed stane's linux on it. I think I have bricked mine.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

S77 pro remote

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

Love the rii k24 and the lithium usb charged battery stays charged bout a month for me too

Comment

Originally posted by Krankie View Post
                S77 pro remote
                S77 pro remote (?only available at UK?)...
                http://www.****.de/itm/Best-Remote-F...-/221433283742
                => e.g. ?clone? http://www.****.de/itm/191292161825?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                (search for 191292161825)
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  S77 pro remote (?only available at UK?)...
                  http://www.****.de/itm/Best-Remote-F...-/221433283742
                  => e.g. ?clone? http://www.****.de/itm/191292161825?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                  (search for 191292161825)
                  IT IS everywhere

Comment

Remote

Try yatse on android phone or sybu on iOS . Love sybu

Comment

Hi there

Many thanks for the Linux ROM... I just have a quick question as I have just done a fresh reinstall of the Linux ROM however, the only problem I cant fix is the that I am not able to change the date and also My time keeps stuffing up and does'nt show correct time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have seen that some people are selling M8 boxes with 13.2 Linux firmware... can some one please let me know how can I get 13.2 Linux version ROM for M8 (original PCB - samsung Memory - M8 & M9)

Thanks

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by sukhbeer View Post
                        Hi there

Many thanks for the Linux ROM... I just have a quick question as I have just done a fresh reinstall of the Linux ROM however, the only problem I cant fix is the that I am not able to change the date and also My time keeps stuffing up and does'nt show correct time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have seen that some people are selling M8 boxes with 13.2 Linux firmware... can some one please let me know how can I get 13.2 Linux version ROM for M8 (original PCB - samsung Memory - M8 & M9)

Thanks
                        If you read back a few pages, nighthawk has a time fix... it is fix in the new build...

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                          If you read back a few pages, nighthawk has a time fix... it is fix in the new build...

I will do that now and if you dont mind...can u let me know the download link for new build...

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                            Hi,

I made M8 Linux XBMC build for EM8 box (with AP6330 wifi, not sure if there are boxes with other wifi, in worst case wifi will not work for you).

Bugs:
                            • Bootlogo and splashscreens (booting up/shutting down) are not shown
                            • 720p and 1080i/1080p resolutions work for sure, however I'm pretty sure 4k output will not work at all or will not work correctly
                            • When network connected via cable MAC address is picked randomly so on each reboot box will have different MAC address and IP address assigned by router. This means that router's DHCP pool might fill up quickly if there are many reboots.
                            • for you to tell

Download: Link

Install via Update application in android or from recovery menu by selecting downloaded zip.

BE NOTED: This Linux firmware is for EM8 box ONLY. It will upgrade bootloader on box so it will output default resolution on HDMI 720p instead of 1080p

Cheers,
                            Stane1983
                            I would like to buy you a cup of beer if you finish the new linux xbmc 13.2 firmware
                            Wholesale MX2 ,MXQ , M8 TV BOX
                            100% origin version
                            www.sunnytvtech.com
                            China manufacturer
                            aliepxress online shop
                            http://www.aliexpress.com/store/234219

Comment

Originally posted by luke71933 View Post
                              Hi,
                              Can anyone put his motherboard pic of M8 , which he successfully installed stane's linux on it. I think I have bricked mine.
                              I use M9&M8 V0.92 and V1.0 all of them can work with this linux build . but it seems that the network connection is not very good
                              Wholesale MX2 ,MXQ , M8 TV BOX
                              100% origin version
                              www.sunnytvtech.com
                              China manufacturer
                              aliepxress online shop
                              http://www.aliexpress.com/store/234219

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by sukhbeer View Post
                                I will do that now and if you dont mind...can u let me know the download link for new build...

Thanks again
                                Sorry I should of said it will be fixed in the new build coming out....

Comment

Working...
                                X