Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice so excited

Comment

It's a good day. Will have updated linux on m8 and Minix x8h ota will be out soon!

Sent from my Minix Neo X8-H using Tapatalk.

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
        Guys, Amlogic finally released armhf libraries. Stay tuned, update will be asap...
        Thanks stane1983 the wait is well worth it.. With these new libs is it now possible to have a full desktop environment?

Comment

Going to boot into xbmc linux version no extra anything.

But by all signs of first version this should run insanely good.

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by tampametal View Post
            Going to boot into xbmc linux version no extra anything.

But by all signs of first version this should run insanely good.

Oh agreed the new build will be insane

Comment

Suspense is killing me.. Every new message from Tapatalk is making me think it's Stane LOL

Comment

Am.i missing something here...cant wait....
                Oure linux on my M8..thanks...it should be worth the wait...

Comment

Who said anything about android libs? Amlogic released their buildroot (I'm not using their) with armhf linux framebuffer libs included which I'm going to use.
                  Nobody said about android libs at linux (I only show that they doesn't work, AS I know), but I ask because I know the trouble with the amrhf at rk3188 (it's a reverse engineered version which is, maybe since 2-3 month, able to support hw-acceleration for 3D but NOT for video)... and I only what to know, if it will be better at s802
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Installed and currently being tested.

Hi,

I made M8 Linux XBMC build for EM8 box (with AP6330 wifi, not sure if there are boxes with other wifi, in worst case wifi will not work for you).

Bugs:
                    • Bootlogo and splashscreens (booting up/shutting down) are not shown
                    • 720p and 1080i/1080p resolutions work for sure, however I'm pretty sure 4k output will not work at all or will not work correctly
                    • When network connected via cable MAC address is picked randomly so on each reboot box will have different MAC address and IP address assigned by router. This means that router's DHCP pool might fill up quickly if there are many reboots.
                    • for you to tell
                    Download: Link

Install via Update application in android or from recovery menu by selecting downloaded zip.

BE NOTED: This Linux firmware is for EM8 box ONLY. It will upgrade bootloader on box so it will output default resolution on HDMI 720p instead of 1080p

Cheers,
                    Stane1983
                    The Linux firmware flies, as if a Ton of bricks was loaded on it in Android format.
                    Just a little bit of Polishing, splash screen and it's good to go.

Wifi with a Tp-link router works great.

Time synchronisation only issue I encountered.

Thanks
                    James

Comment

Originally posted by polys View Post
                      how can i set a static IP?
                      Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by polys View Post
                        Anyone?
                        SSH into the box [root:letmein]

Edit /etc/network/interfaces

If you are using a cable just change:
                        iface eth0 inet dhcp
                        To:
                        iface eth0 inet static

If you want to use your wifi add this line at the end of the file:
                        iface wlan0 inet static

Under the interface you choose to use enter this:
                        address 192.168.2.200
                        network 192.168.2.0
                        netmask 255.255.255.0
                        broadcast 192.168.2.255
                        gateway 192.168.2.1

Of course this is the setup i copied from my interface file so you should change it according to your network.

Next edit /etc/resolv.conf
                        and add this text to it:
                        nameserver 192.168.2.1

Again i added my router you need to change it according to your network.

The problem with the DNS settings is that it won't hold a reboot.
                        Usually you have a skeleton for the resolve file but there is none in this build and creating one didn't helped me.
                        What i did was to add this line to /etc/init.d/xbmc:

echo -e "nameserver 192.168.2.1\n nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf

Now when the xbmc script runs when the box boots it writes the nameservers to the file.
                        You will need to do it over again if you choose to reinstall this custom OS.
                        Enjoy.
                        Last edited by doubleorseven; 08-26-2014, 21:38. Reason: wrong interfaces filename

Comment

Any updates? Proper excited

Comment

Originally posted by doubleorseven View Post
                            SSH into the box [root:letmein]

Edit /etc/network/interfaces

If you are using a cable just change:
                            iface eth0 inet dhcp
                            To:
                            iface eth0 inet static

If you want to use your wifi add this line at the end of the file:
                            iface wlan0 inet static

Under the interface you choose to use enter this:
                            address 192.168.2.200
                            network 192.168.2.0
                            netmask 255.255.255.0
                            broadcast 192.168.2.255
                            gateway 192.168.2.1

Of course this is the setup i copied from my interface file so you should change it according to your network.

Next edit /etc/resolv.conf
                            and add this text to it:
                            nameserver 192.168.2.1

Again i added my router you need to change it according to your network.

The problem with the DNS settings is that it won't hold a reboot.
                            Usually you have a skeleton for the resolve file but there is none in this build and creating one didn't helped me.
                            What i did was to add this line to /etc/init.d/xbmc:

echo -e "nameserver 192.168.2.1\n nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf

Now when the xbmc script runs when the box boots it writes the nameservers to the file.
                            You will need to do it over again if you choose to reinstall this custom OS.
                            Enjoy.
                            Thanks Will try it sometime today

Comment

Stane1983

This box is a disaster as numerous buyers online, not ****ers, prove. Even if not a clone. I gave up on android, running your Linux v1. Don't know whether to buy another proper quad core box or wait a few months for Octa Core box releases which are not expensive and have good reviews from actual users, not sellers. My only hope in the meantime is your next release. Please if you need more days after getting the recent library files, take your time. I can wait another few days or a week for you to save this box from the grave. Thanks

Comment

Any updates on the new version?

Comment

Working...
                                X