X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
    Do you have a link to the GUI
    Here is a link where you can read and see review.

Sent from my Minix Neo X8-H using Tapatalk.

Comment

Yah I was there but I don't see what GUI your speaking of? Are you talking about the skin xbmc is running

I think I misunderstood what you were talking about I thought it booted up to something other then xbmc

Comment

Hello

Hello to all. My first post and yes its a question. I am new at this and learning so hopefully in the future I can be of help to others. I have learned and solved many things thanks to you all in this forum.

Question:

What is the difference from the download file posted in the first post and that from the one found at

Thanks.
        borikua

Comment

LOVE THE M8

I know when I first started this XBMC game, I had a short temper and was frustrated with having to install every repo and learn the add-on installation process. Things have came very far from then and XBMC is a lot easier than it used to be at first. I complained about the M8, stating that it had a bad wireless range and choppy video, but thanks to you Stane things are much clearer and smooth. I went from hating the M8 to loving it. I now am thinking about giving my brother the M8 for his birthday and I am thinking about either getting another M8 or something else. I just know that I don't want another box without running your Linux build. I am thinking about the Linux M8 but it doesn't seem worth the extra $50, at least for now. What do you readers think I should get, another M8? The Linux M8? or something else? I kind of want the mali-T760 but I don't know much about Rockchips and I ended up liking the Amlogic on the M8. I guess I will figure it out. The main question I have is what other Linux builds is Stane working on besides this M8 box? And, what will the new update have for features, the time bug doesn't bother me much but the duration played cursor along the bottom of XBMC sometimes throws me off when I browse through movies or shows. Will that be fixed in the new build?

Comment

Box Restarting every now and again

I installed this Rom yesterday, but since the box has being restarting itself every 20/30 minutes.
            Anyone else have a problem like this?

Before anyone mentions the Shutdown timer is set to off.

Cheers.

Comment

Hopefully we get something to play with this weekend

Comment

i installed this beta yesterday on my m8 box and it is so much better than any android and xbmc combination i have tried.It takes a few seconds to load up but everything else just works for me as is.I've tried streaming 1080p movies from mash navi x and my own movies on a hdd and i don't get interlacing or jerkiness buffering etc.I am looking forward to the new release now.Openelec sorted my matricom mx2 box out and now this build of stane's has given my m8 a new life.

Comment

Originally posted by snelsy View Post
                  i installed this beta yesterday on my m8 box and it is so much better than any android and xbmc combination i have tried.It takes a few seconds to load up but everything else just works for me as is.I've tried streaming 1080p movies from mash navi x and my own movies on a hdd and i don't get interlacing or jerkiness buffering etc.I am looking forward to the new release now.Openelec sorted my matricom mx2 box out and now this build of stane's has given my m8 a new life.
                  I agree..cant wait for the new release 13.2 gotham stable version of stanes1983 linux build...

Comment

Originally posted by snelsy View Post

Stane's Linux was what stopped me selling the hopeless M8 I received a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Hopefully we get something to play with this weekend
                      You know something we don't?

Comment

No I don't just.. wishing out loud

Comment

No I don't just.. wishing out loud
                          I wrote on my Android firmware thread for square box that next week I will have all needed info related to kernel and uboot for old (current) and new pcb. Can't get it earlier 'cause Chinese are on holidays next few days. So.... next week Android and Linux.

Beelink device(s) - s82 and MXIII (Oman sent me MXIII 2gb, will be delivered on monday) will probably get update earlier (this weekend or beginning of week).
                          If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                          Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Whoop whoop

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                              ... MXIII (Oman sent me MXIII 2gb, will be delivered on monday) will probably get update earlier (this weekend or beginning of week).
                              Does it mean you stop your planed work at MXIII 1GB?
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                                Does it mean you stop your planed work at MXIII 1GB?
                                No, it means MXIII 1Gb I will receive from another source week or 2 later
                                If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                                Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Working...
                                X