No announcement yet.

Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@night_hawk thanks will try both these methods when I get home.

Comment

Wow awesome using scp worked great thanks allot

Comment

hi all just installed this and not sure what xbmc to install yep im new thort only way to lorn is to jump into the deep end and swim or sink.

Comment

Originally posted by ozychris View Post
          hi all just installed this and not sure what xbmc to install yep im new thort only way to lorn is to jump into the deep end and swim or sink.

so you have installed it and your not sure what xbmc to install

JustMe
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

If you flashed the zip file in this thread you have installed XBMC. There is nothing else for you to do.. other then setting up xbmc the way you like it...

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
              If you flashed the zip file in this thread you have installed XBMC. There is nothing else for you to do.. other then setting up xbmc the way you like it...
              pigbait thank you for the replie i didn't see xbmc in the aps i will try to install again thanks .

Comment

pigbait thank you for the replie i didn't see xbmc in the aps i will try to install again thanks .
                You are aware this is a Linux build for EM8 boxes right? If you install this you will no longer have android on your box. It will be XBMC only

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                  You are aware this is a Linux build for EM8 boxes right? If you install this you will no longer have android on your box. It will be XBMC only
                  Yes that's all i want basically XBMC that works that don't give me headaches i dont want any feture on there but XBMC and i cant get any to work right so as my mx is Linux and i like it i thort to go this way as i have given up on trying to get XBMC to work on the android.

Comment

PM me let's not fill the thread with junk

Comment

Hi i just wanted to thank stane for this download great job mate and i can now use my M8 and enjoy it finally.

1080 movies stream smoothly no buffering picture and sound quality are great also.

GOTV series HD quality buffer a little but if you pause for a few minutes then watch its perfect to.

I connected a mouse to the unit and that also worked well.

Really happy and look farwad to your next update.

I ow you a beer

Comment

Hi i just wanted to thank stane for this download great job mate and i can now use my M8 and enjoy it finally.

1080 movies stream smoothly no buffering picture and sound quality are great also.

GOTV series HD quality buffer a little but if you pause for a few minutes then watch its perfect to.

I connected a mouse to the unit and that also worked well.

Really happy and look farwad to your next update.

I ow you a beer
                        Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Zero Cache?

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                          not sure why but I get allot of buffer issues even if I do the zero cacehing where android roms and xbmc I get seldom buffering especially if I set to zero cache

driving me crazy because the stane xbmc rom perfect as I don't really use android stuff

JustMe
                          How do you set the cache to zero?

Comment

Originally posted by NIPSZX View Post
                            How do you set the cache to zero?
                            use xbmc maintenece tool goto > system tweaks > 0 cache

JsutMe
                            Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by Night_Hawk View Post
                              I have successfully managed to take a backup of my .xbmc folder on this build using WinSCP v5.17 and choosing SCP as the File Protocol then installed this version on a second box an used WinSCP to copy the addons and userdata folder to the .xbmc folder on the second box. I had to copy the advanedsettins.xml file from the .xbmc/userdata to the second box, restart the box, then copy the rest of the contents of the .xbmc/userdata to the box, then finally copy the .xbmc/addons folder to the new box, reboot and settings are the same as my other box accept the skin defaults to confluence.

Can I back up my frodo and then install it on Gotham?

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                                This is a great initiative. I tested the build today and found a lot to like. Well done, you

Ethernet performance falls behind the rest: some significant buffering on my 100 mbps link. Altogether more than with Lifeforce or Finless Android. Fix that, add a splash screen with your sig and we're away!

Are you still having buffering problems on your 100 mbps link? That seems impossible. What Finless are you running?

Comment

Working...
                                X