No announcement yet.

Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my last post. I am sorry for all the questions. I guess I put the Freak in tab.

What would be the recommendation

A) Stane Linux

B) Finless 1.8

* I need ethernet connection only with a 12 mbps/down (wifi will not work) I guess I purchased dud lemon

* I need mashup, 1 channel, Project Free, Navi-X

* I care mostly about getting the least amount of buffering and the fastest menu navigation speed/working (load) time

Thanks again and sorry for the Freak posts LOL

Comment

Stane Linux if you require optimal xbmc experience. It's that simple,

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NIPSZX View Post
        This is my last post. I am sorry for all the questions. I guess I put the Freak in tab.

What would be the recommendation

A) Stane Linux

B) Finless 1.8

* I need ethernet connection only with a 12 mbps/down (wifi will not work) I guess I purchased dud lemon

* I need mashup, 1 channel, Project Free, Navi-X

* I care mostly about getting the least amount of buffering and the fastest menu navigation speed/working (load) time

Thanks again and sorry for the Freak posts LOL

also if its ealier firmware the wifi config is wrong new firmware will fix that

JustME
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

@Stane1983, I'm reading in your beelink linux build, about armhf buildroot with Mali 450 libs possibly coming soon... will that support this box also?

thanks.

Comment

zero cache questions

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
            use xbmc maintenece tool goto > system tweaks > 0 cache

JsutMe
            Does this move the cache files to internal storage or just zero them out so that they disappear immediately after viewing? If they move them to internal storage how should I clean them with this Linux build?

Also, I was viewing a movie yesterday with the Linux build and the view timer bar was at zero the entire time. It still played through the entire movie so it wasn't a problem, just wondering why this might of happened, and if it was a bad setting inside the maintenance. Thanks everybody

Comment

Clarification

Are you still having buffering problems on your 100 mbps link? That seems impossible. What Finless are you running?
              Le me be more clear: the buffering was on Stane's Linx build using a 100 mbps Ethernet connection. This same connection on Finless 1.7 or Lifeforce delivers up to 94 mbps (measured by Ookla Speedtest).

Once the Linux build sorts out the LAN issue, it will be an elegant and snappy alternative to Android.

Comment

EM8 on Linux wireless and cache questions

When my M8 starts up it goes directly to XBMC, which I love, but how can I change the settings to try my wireless? Is it already on wireless and ethernet both like a computer now? Also, on my zero cache, I read the wiki and I am still confused. Basically I want as little cache as possible so I never have a reason to clean it. Is that how it is set up with Linux and the zero cache tweak enabled, or is it still stored somewhere outside of XBMC? If these are stupid questions just ignore. I don't want to jinx my quality but I am running Linux on the M8 thru ethernet and I am getting good results. Also, when is the next build going to be released for the EM8, and what features will it add? Thanks.

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

When my M8 starts up it goes directly to XBMC, which I love, but how can I change the settings to try my wireless? Is it already on wireless and ethernet both like a computer now? Also, on my zero cache, I read the wiki and I am still confused. Basically I want as little cache as possible so I never have a reason to clean it. Is that how it is set up with Linux and the zero cache tweak enabled, or is it still stored somewhere outside of XBMC? If these are stupid questions just ignore. I don't want to jinx my quality but I am running Linux on the M8 thru ethernet and I am getting good results. Also, when is the next build going to be released for the EM8, and what features will it add? Thanks.
                  If you go under the programs tab you will see an addon called wifi manager.. that's how you set up wifi...

Comment

I know developers hate it when asked for ETAs, but will the next version of this build be available any time soon? E.g. Date/time fix

Comment

Originally posted by polys View Post
                      I know developers hate it when asked for ETAs, but will the next version of this build be available any time soon? E.g. Date/time fix
                      Both versions (Square box and S82) will get update this weekend or beginning of next week )
                      If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                      Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Thanks for the update @Stane1983.... still loving this on my M8 it's unreal

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                          Both versions (Square box and S82) will get update this weekend or beginning of next week )
                          Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                            @stane1983 thank you for the update and your continued work. I am very happy with this build and look forward to the next update.

Comment

hi all i am loving my M8 unit now thanks to stane the only problem i have is some times i turn on my unit and find its not connected to the lan so i just turn it off and re start it and its fine are any of you finding this by chance ?.

Trust me its a small insignificant problem that is over come by re starting the unit just thort to ask.

Comment

Re: Linux XBMC for square box (beta) - Gotham 13.1

Originally posted by ozychris View Post
                                hi all i am loving my M8 unit now thanks to stane the only problem i have is some times i turn on my unit and find its not connected to the lan so i just turn it off and re start it and its fine are any of you finding this by chance ?.

Trust me its a small insignificant problem that is over come by re starting the unit just thort to ask.
                                Everything is good on my end... maybe see if it's different once the new build comes out

Comment

Working...
                                X