This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to unbrick Your M8, M8N, H8M

No spam me can we get 1 thread seems to be allot of people lately posting same thing do you think maybe a sticky would be needed as you have done for the allwinner draco just a suggestion and feedback?

I'm more than happy to do a pdf file with full instructions to assist
    Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 12-22-2014, 10:47. Reason: add the (!) at the title
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

img software?

Comment

Originally posted by hsia View Post
      img software?
      you can get the IMG file from Probox. I was able to bring my M8N back to live with the USB Burning Tool and a A-A USB cable (without shortening pins). After you have flashed Probox, you can load any other firmware on it again via the SD Card.

Comment

Sounds like a plan. Make sure to add if the box is completely dead to look up the nand data sheet for the right pins. I'm pretty sure it's the new bootloaders doing the dirty work is a common trick on dream boxes etc. Unless it's needed for drastic changes it would be best leaving it out of customs

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
          No spam me can we get 1 thread seems to be allot of people lately posting same thing do you think maybe a sticky would be needed as you have done for the allwinner draco just a suggestion and feedback?

I'm more than happy to do a pdf file with full instructions to assist
          I also got the same idea
          So now it's up to you (also the link to the img)

1. get blank sd card 1gb or higher
          2. load burnBootCard format sd and load the uboot.bin file
          3 after load the .wps extention file on sd card via windows
          4 place sd in device
          5. short pins 17&18 of the tsop 48pin chip dot being pin 1 there is pictures posted here on forums
          6. have jumper over otg port pins ( view photo)

7. get probex.img file ready from freaktab forums
          8 open up usb burn tool & load the probex img file
          9. have the reset button pressed while connecting power to the device
          10. connect usb cable and wait for windows to reconise the device and for usb burn tool to show up hub it may take upto 1 minute while reset button is still pressed
          11. then once reconised force flash
          12. keep repeating the process you will get few percentage higher each time

I'm sure some posted on forum a methid could of been on another forum cannopt remember now when i get back home later today I am sure i saved the link could of even been no spam me

Originally posted by userofthenet View Post
          Thank you so much Justme. I actually resurrected mine using only step 7 to 11. My img file was in the computer and it worked that way. It flashed 100% with the first trial.
          that is fantastic news well done

[USB Burning Tool with windows PC] http://www.tronsmart.eu/downloads/
          => http://www.mediafire.com/download/jm...ogic_tools.rar
          Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 12-22-2014, 10:51. Reason: add link
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

where can i find the probox.img on freaktab?

Comment

Originally posted by polys View Post
              where can i find the probox.img on freaktab?
              Have you checked Probox 2 section?

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                Have you checked Probox 2 section?
                Yes, are you talking about this? http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ed-by-Freaktab

Comment

Here is the link. Download the second one and it will give you the img file. http://probox2.com/category/probox2-ex-firmware/

Comment

I'm getting this when i run the USB burning tool.

I'm on Win7 64-Bit

Comment

I'm on Win7 64-Bit
                      I am sorry I won't be able to help you with this error but I can tell you that I used the minx usb burning tool successfully. I got an error when installing the driver and I just ignored it. Make sure you reboot the pc first. My pc is also 64bit although it is 8.1. Give it a try if this is not the tool you already tried.

Comment

I'm on Win7 64-Bit

worked fine in windows 7 64 bit for me

this is a windows 7 ,8/ vista problem reboot windows press f8 while the bios screen shows and pick Disable Driver Signature Enforcement this is before windows boots your box will pickup then. The driver should load properly when you do this.

Comment

One thing for this information that should be clarified is the pin 17 and 18 thing. Im sure someone has counted the pins from the wrong dot ie a big dot marked on the chip instead of the little one. it should be pin 7 and 8 from the small do marker thats on the chip itself. Unless both work but i wouldnt imagine it would unless uboot detects something on these pins

Comment

I got a 100% successful burn, but when i connect it to my monitor, i still get a black screen I didn't short the pins. I followed steps 7-11.

Comment

Hold the reset button in and see if u get recovery if u do get finless and install it

Comment

Working...
                              X