X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinguy View Post

EXPERIMENTAL Build using latest sources:

LibreELEC-S905X-gxl_p212_2g-EXPERIMENTAL.zip

CEC doesn't work with this version, but 4K VP9/H.264/H.265 60FPS does work.
    Thanks.

I'll load it up.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Thanks.

I'll load it up.
      Cool, report back your findings if you can. I don't have a 4K TV, so they are down scaled for me. But hitting "o" reports everything is correct and working.

Comment

Same problems.

The default resolution is set as 1920x1080 and when I try to select 3840x2160 at either 50 or 60Hz, it doesn't accept it.

It does accept 3840x2160 at 24hz but the 4k videos will still not play.

However, if I turn auto frame rate adjust to off then the videos do play but not that smooth when 3840x2160 at 24hz is selected (no surprise though).

Switching back to 1920x1080p though, still leaving auto frame rate adjust to off yields smoother playback, albeit not as smooth as when on.

One other thing that I noticed was that when I do bring up the choice of resolution settings 3840x2160 at 24.00, 3840x2160 at 50.0 and 3840x2160 at 60.0 are all shown twice.

Also not surprisingly, 1080P videos that were smooth with auto frame rate adjust switched off are not quite as smooth as when it is on.

Hope that gives you some useful feedback.

Comment

Can you try replacing the guisettings.xml in /.kodi/userdata/ then reboot the device. It uses all the correct settings for smooth playback (you can SSH into the box using Filezilla).

EDIT~ My bad that was the incorrect file. Here is the right one.

Attached Files

Comment

Can you try replacing the guisettings.xml in /.kodi/userdata/ then reboot the device. It uses all the correct settings for smooth playback (you can SSH into the box using Filezilla).

EDIT~ My bad that was the incorrect file. Here is the right one.
            Will do and shall report back later.

Comment

Could someone tell me whether in this latest build, or maybe in the experimental one, the WIFI is working correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by twevers View Post
                Could someone tell me whether in this latest build, or maybe in the experimental one, the WIFI is working correctly?
                WiFi fully works on all builds.

Comment

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.zip installed. Wifi is working. Bluetooth however is not. Remote is not fully Functional.Guess I've to play with the remote conf zipfile

Comment

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.zip installed. Wifi is working. Bluetooth however is not. Remote is not fully Functional.Guess I've to play with the remote conf zipfile
                    I have updated the original post with screen shots of the settings needed so you can use FileZilla to connect to the box.

One of the remote.conf files in the zip will work. There are only a handful of remotes these S905X Boxes ship with, and the remotes share the same conf. Just remember you need to reboot the box after uploading the new remote.conf for it to work

What Box do you own? I maybe able to tell you the remote.conf that is needed.

Comment

I have updated the original post with screen shots of the setting needed for FileZilla to work.

One of the remote.conf files in the zip will work. There are only a handful of remotes these S905X Boxes ship with, and the remotes share the same conf. Just remember you need to reboot the box after uploading the new remote.conf for it to work

What Box do you own? I maybe able to tell you the remote.conf that is needed.
                      I've the Venz V10 Pro

Comment

I've the Venz V10 Pro
                        That looks like the remote the minim8sii uses. Try the config for the minim8sii.

Comment

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for this thread and also thanks to pinguy for your work in making a compatible version of LibreElec for the S905X boxes. Got it installed and working on my new S905X TX5 box (not the 'pro' version). All seems nice and smooth so far and even the remote is working

Comment

That looks like the remote the minim8sii uses. Try the config for the minim8sii.

No it's this one. You see the volume and skip buttons....volume up is not working. Neither the back button
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ClemFandango View Post
                              Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for this thread and also thanks to pinguy for your work in making a compatible version of LibreElec for the S905X boxes. Got it installed and working on my new S905X TX5 box (not the 'pro' version). All seems nice and smooth so far and even the remote is working
                              Thanks. I bet you installed the 2016-10-11-devel version

I f**ked up on the backup script on the earlier builds. It should of been "else" and some how it was "elif". Anyway the newer builds will copy the remote.conf and re-install it on the LibreELEC.

As I side note can people please post their Boxes if this works for them.

Would be nice to get a list going of the Boxes this works with and don't.

Comment

No it's this one. You see the volume and skip buttons....volume up is not working. Neither the back button
                                Send me a link to the firmware and I will grab the remote.conf from it.

Comment

Working...
                                X