X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

I can't mount the system. Is there a .img file??

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post

Thanks. I bet you installed the 2016-10-11-devel version

I f**ked up on the backup script on the earlier builds. It should of been "else" and some how it was "elif". Anyway the newer builds will copy the remote.conf and re-install it on the LibreELEC.

As I side note can people please post their Boxes if this works for them.

Would be nice to get a list going of the Boxes this works with and don't.
        I have now updated the OP links with fixed zips. These should now backup and restore the remote.conf

Comment

Can you try replacing the guisettings.xml in /.kodi/userdata/ then reboot the device. It uses all the correct settings for smooth playback (you can SSH into the box using Filezilla).

EDIT~ My bad that was the incorrect file. Here is the right one.
          Yes that did improve things when frame rate adjust was switched off.

Nice work on all this great addition to S905x functionality :-)
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I can't mount the system. Is there a .img file??
            I dunno, that's the zip I got from the Venz support. They told me to put it on a USB key and then hold the reset button on the box while booting. This way it took the zip from the usb and restored the original android firmware.
            I see inside the zip there are img files. maybe those can hel if you extract the zip...?

Kr

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Yes that did improve things when frame rate adjust was switched off.

Nice work on all this great addition to S905x functionality :-)
              I was cursing the hell out of the Amlogic S905X. I was kinda p*ssed with it. I thought the SOC was garbage. I feel really bad now. The Amlogic S905X SOC is pretty awesome to be honest. It was just the poorly made Android ROMs that made it seem bad.

Now that I have dug around a bit with it. What it can do is pretty mind blowing for its price. When it comes to media it is up there with some of the best SOCs on the market. The SOC is never going to be able to do gaming well due to the Mali-450 GPU processor. But I don't think that is the targeted audience for it. This SOC is purely for video media and it it shines in that regard.

I don't know of many devices that can play the 4K HEVC 400 Mbps 10-Bit video test smoothly.

Working HDR is also a huge bonus. Even though it is a bit of a hindrance for those that don't own a HDR ready TV. But honestly I don't know why anyone would try to play a format that their TV doesn't support.
              Last edited by pinguy; 10-16-2016, 21:53.

Comment

Originally posted by twevers View Post

I dunno, that's the zip I got from the Venz support. They told me to put it on a USB key and then hold the reset button on the box while booting. This way it took the zip from the usb and restored the original android firmware.
                I see inside the zip there are img files. maybe those can hel if you extract the zip...?

Kr
                Ask for the Amlogic USB Burning Tool image. I can work with that.

There might be someone that can chime in here that can work with the zip you posted, but I only know how to work with the Amlogic USB Burning images.

Comment

Thanks. I bet you installed the 2016-10-11-devel version

I f**ked up on the backup script on the earlier builds. It should of been "else" and some how it was "elif". Anyway the newer builds will copy the remote.conf and re-install it on the LibreELEC.

As I side note can people please post their Boxes if this works for them.

Would be nice to get a list going of the Boxes this works with and don't.
                  I did indeed install that version - the one in post #5.

It wasn't too much trouble to SSH in to the box and copy the remote.conf in manually though, so all is good.

TWRP installed really easily on this box as well which I was quite pleased about. I had an M8S beforehand which I somehow managed to brick, so this was the replacement box.

Comment

Originally posted by ClemFandango View Post

I did indeed install that version - the one in post #5.

It wasn't too much trouble to SSH in to the box and copy the remote.conf in manually though, so all is good.

TWRP installed really easily on this box as well which I was quite pleased about. I had an M8S beforehand which I somehow managed to brick, so this was the replacement box.
                    After reading your post I re-uploaded all the zips with the fixed backup script. So people shouldn't have any issues with remote.conf anymore.

If you are after a Kodi build that fully works with this you can try this:

plugin.video.Oxygenh20wizard.zip

You install it by going to "Install from zip file" in Kodi and selecting the zip (it needs an internet connection otherwise it will fail to install), then run the wizard from "Program Add-Ons".

Comment

After reading your post I re-uploaded all the zips with the fixed backup script. So people shouldn't have any issues with remote.conf anymore.

If you are after a Kodi build that fully works with this you can try this:

Kodi Build

You install it by going to "Install from zip file" in Kodi and selecting the zip (it needs an internet connection otherwise it will fail to install), then run the wizard from "Program Add-Ons".
                      By "fully works" do you mean there are aspects of the one in post #5 that don't fully work?

I'm not particularly bothered about 4K playback or HD Audio or anything like that - my system is fairly basic as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ClemFandango View Post

By "fully works" do you mean there are aspects of the one in post #5 that don't fully work?

I'm not particularly bothered about 4K playback or HD Audio or anything like that - my system is fairly basic as it is.
                        Not sure how to explain this. What you have installed is the default Kodi/LibreELEC system. The wizard zip (once installed) just edits the default Kodi install to include extra addons and skins. What I mean by "fully works" is it uses optimized settings to get the best out of the system. I still feel I am not explaining this well. Google "kodi wizard builds" and it might give you an idea of what I am on about.

Comment

Not sure how to explain this. What you have installed is the default Kodi/LibreELEC system. The wizard zip (once installed) just edits the default Kodi install to include extra addons and skins. What I mean by "fully works" is it uses optimized settings to get the best out of the system. I still feel I am not explaining this well. Google "kodi wizard builds" and it might give you an idea of what I am on about.
                          I understand what you're saying, don't worry

I'll keep it in mind though, for now. Whenever i've purchased a new "fully loaded" box i've always uninstalled kodi and done a factory reset to take it back down to a 'clean' level so i can just install the addons and extras that I know i'll get the most use out of. I do prefer it that way.

If this default installation does the job and plays my stuff without an issue then I certainly have no qualms about keeping it that way.

Comment

I was cursing the hell out of the Amlogic S905X. I was kinda p*ssed with it. I thought the SOC was garbage. I feel really bad now. The Amlogic S905X SOC is pretty awesome to be honest. It was just the poorly made Android ROMs that made it seem bad.

Now that I have dug around a bit with it. What it can do is pretty mind blowing for its price. When it comes to media it is up there with some of the best SOCs. It is never going to be able to do gaming well due to the Mali-450 GPU processor. But I don't think that is the targeted audience for it. This SOC is purely for video media.
                            Well it's a great start and I look forward to further improvements to make it even better.

I installed the zip file to in order to have a look at the skin, which at the top level has a nice look and feel to it and looks snappy.

I can't select anything to run though as not all my air mouse buttons work, so will have to fiddle with the remote file to get fully functionality.

Comment

hi folks- I'm keen to know, will this work with my sunvell T95x? 2gb/8gb

thanks in advance

Comment

One thing that I have noticed and which has also been shown to be the same with the S905x Android firmwares is that the videos are all a little too dark and therefore don't reproduce colours as they should be seen.

A good way to show this is to play this file.

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! demo-uhd3d.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf demo-uhd3d.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

On a box with correct reproduction such as the Dolamee D5, the colours are vivid and deep, with black levels correct.

On the S905x the colours are dim and overshadowed by the black levels that prevent a lot of the colour from being shown.

Comment

Working...
                                X