Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Pro+ as per link not M8S Pro+... damn names are confusing arent they!?!?

Comment

Download link is dead for Updated

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        OneDrive links are being flaky lately. When in doubt, try the archive site here: http://freaktab.org/3~f

I have a small problem and I'm not sure if it's fault of SPMC or the rom. When I try to configure one of the addons in SPMC to store files on the MicroSD card I get an error message that SPMC doesn't have rights to save and store files on the SD card. Any one had this issue before?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        You do have to grant an app permissions to write to the external storage. If SPMC doesn't have it, you need to add the following to the app manifest:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_ST ORAGE"/>

Awesome! Thank you! I'll check the manifest once I'm back at home

Comment

Thanks Magendanz for this great rom.

Only problem I'm having is theres no add button in the vpn settings. Is there anything i can do?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, yes there now is. We've had this longstanding Action Bar bug on Android TV, but we just figured it out a couple of weeks ago. It requires a change to a setting in framework-res.apk.

Unpack: apktool d -s framekwork.res.apk
          Delete: res\values-television-v8\bools.xml
          Repack: apktool b -c framework.res

I'll incorporate this into the next release, but Marshmallow builds are a pretty low priority these days.

Guest I see several people say your Rom works fine on Nexbox A95X .. I am on Xannytech's 6.0 Rom and it allows me to boot to recovery (since the Nexbox reset is unreliable) but if I try to flash the image via TWRP it says either flash to boot or recovery and if I use boot (?!) it says insufficient partition space... Any advice please?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you trying to flash the Amlogic burn package with TWRP? While these have the same file extension (.img) as a partition image, the burn packages are a proprietary Amlogic format that needs to be flashed with Amlogic USB Burning Tool or Burn Card Maker.

Hi, any chance to install amazon prime app?

Comment

Guest Q: Is it possible to make this rom pass Google's new SafetyNet Test? I'd like to see if I can install Pokemon Go which uses SafetyNet and use it to scan the local gyms that I can see from my house... No spoofing honest ;-)

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            If I recall, this ROM is factory rooted. You'd probably need to unroot the device before it could pass SafetyNet.

Originally posted by Methanoid View Post
          Guest I see several people say your Rom works fine on Nexbox A95X .. I am on Xannytech's 6.0 Rom and it allows me to boot to recovery (since the Nexbox reset is unreliable) but if I try to flash the image via TWRP it says either flash to boot or recovery and if I use boot (?!) it says insufficient partition space... Any advice please?
          I got my USB to USB cable and tried that... It seems that Xannytech's Rom must have something different on it as no amount of plugging in with USB cable and tooth pick on reset gets the USB burn tool to recognise the box. Likewqise with the SD tool. I can use his reboot util to reboot to recovery or bootloader. If I boot to bootloader it just loads the rom. If I boot to recovery (TWRP) then its not recognised in the UBS burn tool.

Any ideas?

Comment

Try hitting the Start button in USB Burning Tool, boot the box normally, insert the cable into the USB OTG port, and then issue the following command from a terminal window:

Code:
            reboot update
            That should reboot the box and allow the WorldCup drivers to detect the device over the USB port. Your flash should then proceed automatically in USB Burning Tool.

We use this as a workaround on devices that don't have a reset switch and yet still have bootloaders that require the reset switch to be pressed on USB insertion to be detected. It's not terribly well documented.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              Try hitting the Start button in USB Burning Tool, boot the box normally, insert the cable into the USB OTG port, and then issue the following command from a terminal window:

Code:
              reboot update
              That should reboot the box and allow the WorldCup drivers to detect the device over the USB port. Your flash should then proceed automatically in USB Burning Tool.

We use this as a workaround on devices that don't have a reset switch and yet still have bootloaders that require the reset switch to be pressed on USB insertion to be detected. It's not terribly well documented.
              Thanks - tried that and first two times nothing but third time it started. I think it struggled to detect the USB driver or something. Anyway its flashed now and on first boot. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi,

Sometimes, my wifi disconnect and reconnect, do you think it's a box ( adsl ) issue, or Wifi on M8S 2 is not perfect ?

Thanks

Comment

I want to have root undetected. Is this Rom okay to unroot (how??) and use Magisk to root?

Comment

Is there anyway to add vpns? The add button is missing in vpn dialog?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, actually. I've fixed it on all the Nougat custom ROMs. It requires a change to framework-res.apk. Just haven't gotten around to rolling the fix back to the Marshmallow ROMs.

Is it possible to get "App Drawer 1.0 from CyanogenMod/LineageOS" for nvidia shield or mi box?

Comment

Working...
                X