VORKE Z6 Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX 3/32GB eMMC5.0 WIFI BT Gig LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Thanks, the biggest issue here is probably the high ambient temperature, because I have tested so far 4 of them with all the same result.

However I don't know why a 10° difference in ambient temperature would make 20° difference in running temperature.

Takes also more than an hour before it reaches that high, and it settles at 79°. From there it goes up and down by 1°.

I also wonder actually if the firmware version could have anything to do with it, as I'm on the 6 September firmware, but many are still on the previous version.
    I have the same problem and the box just restarted, if you know of any solution warn me

Comment

Originally posted by miss View Post

two days of use, each day that starts at 20 minutes is heated and restarted, then every five minutes and I have no solution
      Might as well buy a USB driven CPU fan and place it to the side of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by miss

I have the same problem and the box just restarted, if you know of any solution warn me
        What is the usual temperature of your box and what is your room temperature?
        I know some people that like the heat everywhere around them and with a room temperature at 27 degrees all electronic devices can be affected.

Unleashed by ONEPLUS 3T rooted

Comment

It seems like all these S91 boxes have heating issues.
          You just have to be smart with them.
          Don't place them on top of cable tv boxes or routers.
          If they really get hot, they need better heat sinks or they need cooling fan.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
            What is the usual temperature of your box and what is your room temperature?
            I know some people that like the heat everywhere around them and with a room temperature at 27 degrees all electronic devices can be affected.

To answer your question, in a tropical country you can't change the environment.

You will say you can switch on aircon, which of course I do, but anything below 26°C is freezing and you need a coat. Don't ask me why this is, as I am a westerner,and I know in the west 20°C is a comfortable temperature.

That said, I have S905 boxes and in the very same ambient temperature they ever go above 65°C, while S905X boxes also reach temperatures above 80°C easily.

What I found is that with Android 7 at around 83°C the box will lock up, while with Android 6 this isn't an issue on the very same box.

With Android 6 it will bring down the frame rate to around 40fps and stabilize the temperature, but I don't know why Android 7 doesn't handle this the same way.

Unfortunately for the Vorke Z6 I'm not aware of a Android 6 firmware been available anywhere.

The other question is, and I have asked this elsewhere but didn't get an answer, if a 83°C operating temperature is sustainable.

Comment

I started to be worried about the temperature issue, so which is better the Vorke z6 or the R-TV Box S10? if the S10 is better I might ask Geekbuying to change my order and send me the S10 instead of the Vorke z6

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Z6/Tanix much easier to work on then the S10 if you have to get inside

Originally posted by mishtag View Post
              I started to be worried about the temperature issue, so which is better the Vorke z6 or the R-TV Box S10? if the S10 is better I might ask Geekbuying to change my order and send me the S10 instead of the Vorke z6
              S10 has had problems too.

Comment

my room temperature is 24 degrees
                I have to open the box so it does not restart
                I'm not buying a fan, what I'll do is return the box, two boxes I bought and buy another box with another processor, a pity that it works very well but if I buy something it is for it to work, neither gekbuying nor vorke have answered me my mail

Comment

Originally posted by miss
                  my room temperature is 24 degrees
                  I have to open the box so it does not restart
                  I'm not buying a fan, what I'll do is return the box, two boxes I bought and buy another box with another processor, a pity that it works very well but if I buy something it is for it to work, neither gekbuying nor vorke have answered me my mail
                  Another solution is to use Terrarium.
                  I noticed a difference of almost 20 degrees, when I use Kodi and when I use Terrarium for watching series and movies.

Comment

I noticed a difference of almost 20 degrees, when I use Kodi and when I use Terrarium for watching series and movies.

That's correct.

Kodi is very heavy on CPU usage and heats up quickly.

The overheating issues I reported are also only with Kodi. When using Android apps the problem doesn't exist.

Comment

RASTAVIPER so your Tanix TX92 also get hot with Kodi playing, how much ºC?

and could you test this app, if the temp also go high, thanks

i use movie hd (necessary v-player from google store) without any issues on my alfawise h96 pro+ with normal temperature.

here you have some more good players

http://everyday-tech.com/top-20-free...s-ios-android/
                      Last edited by tombraga; 11-14-2017, 14:19.

Comment

Anyone tried to flash Libreelec to internal memory from USB flash? Is it easy to recover things? Or is dual boot possible in some way? Can't dual boot with my usb as it is too slow and only 16gb. Need 20gb+ for 4k streaming

Comment

I have the tanix tx92 and unfortunately it's also suffering with this heating problem, it's reaching to 78 Celsius and it's starting to lag when I'm watching 1080p video files, if someone have fix to this please help.

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77 View Post
                            I have the tanix tx92 and unfortunately it's also suffering with this heating problem, it's reaching to 78 Celsius and it's starting to lag when I'm watching 1080p video files, if someone have fix to this please help.
                            using Kodi ?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

RASTAVIPER so your Tanix TX92 also get hot with Kodi playing, how much ºC?
                              RASTAVIPER No answer? I hope, you don"t use your box now for the sauna!

By the way, I canceled my order of the Vorke 6 after reading about so many heating problems and got already my PayPal refund.

Comment

Working...
                              X