No announcement yet.

VORKE Z6 Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX 3/32GB eMMC5.0 WIFI BT Gig LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm now the proud owner of a hard bricked Vorke Z6.

I flashed firmware from the Tanix T9, which is DDR3, and it flashed successful but the box doesn't boot up any more.

Tried to flash stock firmware again, but usb burning tool doesn't detect my device any more.

Thought I read somewhere that connecting 2 pins may solve that issue, but I can't find that post right now.

Anyone who could help me which pins need to be connected with this device?

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
      I'm now the proud owner of a hard bricked Vorke Z6.

I flashed firmware from the Tanix T9, which is DDR3, and it flashed successful but the box doesn't boot up any more.

Tried to flash stock firmware again, but usb burning tool doesn't detect my device any more.

Thought I read somewhere that connecting 2 pins may solve that issue, but I can't find that post right now.

Anyone who could help me which pins need to be connected with this device?
      Oh boy. I hope it comes back alive.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

Oh boy. I hope it comes back alive.
        IT'S ALIVE

For those with the same issue, it's pin 19 and 20 you have to short from the big chip next to the processor.

Insert usb cable in box and pc, short the pins, plug in power adapter.

( pin 5 and 6 if you start counting from the processor side )

Edit : I miscalculated and it seems to be 18 and 19 ( but still 5 and 6 if starting from the processor ) and that is how it was with Beelink M18 as well.

It's a Sandisk eMMC by the way :~)
        Last edited by Jancales; 11-24-2017, 08:01.

Comment

• trebor
          trebor commented
          Editing a comment
          Normally its 17 + 18 but hey 19 + 20 worked Great
          It was a Samsung eMMC chip the Big Chip as you called it

IT'S ALIVE

For those with the same issue, it's pin 19 and 20 you have to short from the big chip next to the processor.

Insert usb cable in box and pc, short the pins, plug in power adapter.

( pin 5 and 6 if you start counting from the processor side )
        Great, now stick to the Vorke flash. The non-rooted one flashes the easiest .

Comment

Very disappointed with Geekbuying, I have placed an order for the Vorke z6 on Nov 11, and after one week without shipping it I sent them an email asking when to be shipped, but not only they didn't answer my email they sent me the no-reply email that the item is shipped, but it reality it wasn't shipped, only the shipping label is created in order to provide the customer with a tracking no, and still the status in the courier website tracking is pre-advised, which means they received the info electronically, but they didn't receive the item yet, this is the same trick used by most of the sellers in Aliexpress, they try to fool their customers by providing them with tracking no, but even if the item is not shipped.

Comment

Great, now stick to the Vorke flash. The non-rooted one flashes the easiest .
            Yes that's the one I flashed now, but on another Z6 I have superceleron's GT1 ultimate scv running, and it runs cooler and fixes the video issues that stock Vorke has.

Comment

Originally posted by mishtag View Post
              Very disappointed with Geekbuying, I have placed an order for the Vorke z6 on Nov 11, and after one week without shipping it I sent them an email asking when to be shipped, but not only they didn't answer my email they sent me the no-reply email that the item is shipped, but it reality it wasn't shipped, only the shipping label is created in order to provide the customer with a tracking no, and still the status in the courier website tracking is pre-advised, which means they received the info electronically, but they didn't receive the item yet, this is the same trick used by most of the sellers in Aliexpress, they try to fool their customers by providing them with tracking no, but even if the item is not shipped.
              I think this happens because they use a shipping agent, who in turn does combined shipping to decrease the shipping price.

So the item is at the shipping agent, but he has to fill up a certain contingent before he can send out.

They could also ship every box separately, but then you would pay a higher price, because someone has to pay the shipping cost at the end of the day

Comment

Yes that's the one I flashed now, but on another Z6 I have superceleron's GT1 ultimate scv running, and it runs cooler and fixes the video issues that stock Vorke has.
                Any difference with the nexus q201?

Comment

Originally posted by mishtag View Post
                  Don't hold your breath. It takes 2-4 weeks. Got mine after 3 weeks.

Comment

I haven't run it yet, but Geekbuying answered me that it is the exact same rom as the September 6, with the only difference that they removed root.

Both the September 6 Root and the Nexus q201 have the same problem with the distorted picture, and with distorted I mean you can't see anything of the picture for a few seconds.

Since the Nexus q201 is based on the Unrooted stock rom I just flashed, I assume the problem gonna be same.

The GT1 ultimate scv1 from Superceleron doesn't have that problem.

Comment

I tried to run 4k videos files from my iPhone and it's very laggy, why?

Comment

3 boxes playing simultaneously next to each other, and all playing the same American Made movie HD in Kodi 17.6 Supremacy addon, and using CPU temp app to measure temperature. All 3 boxes fresh start.

Result after 94 minutes.

Box 1 running stock unrooted rom : switching between 80 - 81°C. Everything working but heavily distorted picture on certain movie scenes. I know from previous tests box will settle around that temperature.When the temperature climbs 1 or 2° it will decrease frame rate to bring down temperature.

Box 2 running Nexus q201 rom : switching between 79 - 80°C. Everything working but heavily distortion during the same movie scenes. LCD display keeps showing "boot" instead of switching to time display. Box will settle at same temperature as box 1.

Box 3 running superceleron GT1 ultimate scv1 rom : switching between 71 - 72°C. Everything working, no distortion during those movie scenes. LCD display not working. If running for more than 2 hours box will settle at 75°C

Comment

3 boxes playing simultaneously next to each other, and all playing the same American Made movie HD in Kodi 17.6 Supremacy addon, and using CPU temp app to measure temperature. All 3 boxes fresh start.

Result after 94 minutes.

Box 1 running stock unrooted rom : switching between 80 - 81°C. Everything working but heavily distorted picture on certain movie scenes. I know from previous tests box will settle around that temperature.When the temperature climbs 1 or 2° it will decrease frame rate to bring down temperature.

Box 2 running Nexus q201 rom : switching between 79 - 80°C. Everything working but heavily distortion during the same movie scenes. LCD display keeps showing "boot" instead of switching to time display. Box will settle at same temperature as box 1.

Box 3 running superceleron GT1 ultimate scv1 rom : switching between 71 - 72°C. Everything working, no distortion during those movie scenes. LCD display not working. If running for more than 2 hours box will settle at 75°C
                          Just loaded the GT1 ULTIMATE SCV1. Remote control not working.
                          Used the keyboard instead.
                          The box shuts down after a while .
                          Last edited by panchovilla; 11-24-2017, 21:59.

Comment

I didn't try the remote because I connect air mouse by default, but that one is easy to fix by moving remote.config file.

Box has played for hours several times and never shut down.

Comment

I didn't try the remote because I connect air mouse by default, but that one is easy to fix by moving remote.config file.

Box has played for hours several times and never shut down.
                              I'm back to the stock ROM.
                              No heating problems really b/c I opened up some of the vent holes on the side. Have an octopus dual fan under the box too.
                              Didn't really notice any pixelation .

Comment

Working...
                              X