VORKE Z6 Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX 3/32GB eMMC5.0 WIFI BT Gig LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rahzel View Post

I've been having random reboots on my Tanix TX92 DDR4 running Tanix firmware. I've had my TX92 for around a month and it has happened probably 6-7 times.

I do use the box quite often, mostly for Youtube, browsing and Kodi.
    Thanks for the info.

Do you have any idea what causes the reboots? Is it over heating or some other that you are aware of?

Which firmware version do you have on your Tanix?

Does Tanix also has the distorted static screen during boot up, that Vorke seem to have fixed with their latest update?

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Thanks for the info.

Do you have any idea what causes the reboots? Is it over heating or some other that you are aware of?

Which firmware version do you have on your Tanix?

Does Tanix also has the distorted static screen during boot up, that Vorke seem to have fixed with their latest update?
      Heat may be a possibility. I'm tempted to try drilling the vent holes larger like some people have on this box to see if that helps.
      The times it has happened to me, was when I was watching several hours of streaming video, or on initial setup when I was installing all of my addons. But even then, the hottest I've seen my box get was 79-80c.

I'm running a firmware that was provided to me by gearbest dated 12/01 (sorry I don't have the build number). Another member posted a firmware with a slightly earlier date, and I also experienced random reboots, although more often it seemed.

I don't think I've experienced any static screens on bootup.

Since it doesn't happen very often for me, I'm kind of just sticking it out and hope that Tanix's next firmware update fixes it. If it still happens, then I might consider making the holes bigger.

Tanix seems to be pretty slow at pushing out firmware updates for this particular box compared to Vorke.

Comment

Heat may be a possibility. I'm tempted to try drilling the vent holes larger like some people have on this box to see if that helps.
        The times it has happened to me, was when I was watching several hours of streaming video, or on initial setup when I was installing all of my addons. But even then, the hottest I've seen my box get was 79-80c.

I'm running a firmware that was provided to me by gearbest dated 12/01 (sorry I don't have the build number). Another member posted a firmware with a slightly earlier date, and I also experienced random reboots, although more often it seemed.

I don't think I've experienced any static screens on bootup.

Since it doesn't happen very often for me, I'm kind of just sticking it out and hope that Tanix's next firmware update fixes it. If it still happens, then I might consider making the holes bigger.

Tanix seems to be pretty slow at pushing out firmware updates for this particular box compared to Vorke.
        The distortion I was mentioning was what happened when the Static screen that shows the Vorke name appears prior to Android system boot, as can be seen in the link below.

Every Vorke Z6 had this issue, but they claim it is solved now.

Since TX92 and Z6 are virtually the same box, and you never experienced that picture distortion, your firmware may be the same as the latest Z6 update.

Anyway, all boxes have been in use for about 2 months and never has been a reboot reported. I updated 1 box about 10 days ago, and that one has had 2 random reboots.

I have yesterday updated another 2 boxes, so if they also start reporting the reboots then it's clear where the issue lays.

The firmware indeed caps the temperature at 80°C then start fluctuating the CPU frequency to stabilize the temperature.

Comment

Interesting.

I don't think my box ever randomly rebooted using the original firmware that came with my TX92, but I only used it for a few days using that build.

Hopefully the next update fixes it.

Comment

If you are using Kodi, then for sure it's the overheating that causes the reboots.
            And TX92 also has the same distorted image during booting.

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0

Comment

On second thought, I don't think it's heat that is causing the random reboots, I think it's software related.

I went ahead and took one of my smallest drill bits and made all of the vent holes larger (about 1.75-2x larger). For testing purposes, I streamed a 1080p movie in Kodi and I never saw the temps go above 65c after around 40-45min. However after checking back at around 50-55min, the box was at home screen, and I confirmed that the box had rebooted itself by the uptime.

edit: On a side note, I re-ran Kodi with the same movie for just over an hour and I hottest I saw the temps get to was 71c. So making the holes bigger made an 8-9c difference. Not bad.​
              Last edited by rahzel; 01-11-2018, 03:19.

Comment

On second thought, I don't think it's heat that is causing the random reboots, I think it's software related.

I went ahead and took one of my smallest drill bits and made all of the vent holes larger (about 1.75-2x larger). For testing purposes, I streamed a 1080p movie in Kodi and I never saw the temps go above 65c after around 40-45min. However after checking back at around 50-55min, the box was at home screen, and I confirmed that the box had rebooted itself by the uptime.
                try http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...om-android-7-1

Comment

I've been wanting to try it, but did he ever fix the display showing 'Boot' instead of the clock?

Also, it's based on the Vorke firmware, so I'm afraid it will have the same issues I was having when I tried the official Vorke firmware on my Tanix TX92. The main issue I was having was that youtube would limit most videos to 720p.

Comment

I've been wanting to try it, but did he ever fix the display showing 'Boot' instead of the clock?

Also, it's based on the Vorke firmware, so I'm afraid it will have the same issues I was having when I tried the official Vorke firmware on my Tanix TX92. The main issue I was having was that youtube would limit most videos to 720p.
                    for youtube use this app https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                      This box is for my 65 year old popps who is used to the original youtube app, and likes the recommended videos etc. on the main screen.

I will definitely check it out for my own use though... looks nice and streamlined, with more features. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Comment

if anyone is interested here is netflix addon for kodi

Inputstream based Netflix plugin for Kodi. Contribute to asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM
                          if anyone is interested here is netflix addon for kodi

https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix
                          And what is the benefit of using this in comparison to the standard Netflix app?

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0

Comment

I have vorke z6 pluse, with the 27/10 build that came with the box I never he'd reboots but I update it to the latest firmware and the tv box rebooted 3 times

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77 View Post
                              I have vorke z6 pluse, with the 27/10 build that came with the box I never he'd reboots but I update it to the latest firmware and the tv box rebooted 3 times
                              Thanks, that confirms it is indeed a firmware bug.

Comment

any custom rom for other tv-box works for this tv-box ?

Comment

Working...
                                X