• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

That zip should fix antutu it was the main reason for me doing it over here
    not working for me stopped after refinery test 0% and loading all time

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

not working for me stopped after refinery test 0% and loading all time
      Yeah that's because of that version of antutu as far as I can see. 7.0.4 was marked as beta only last week
      now its on the play store looks to have issue on s912 use 6 version for now here & 3D or use a better app for GPU benchmark to test GL3.2 like 3DMark

Comment

Ive noticed that video playback is very jumpy on vlc and mx player when full acceleration is enabled. If i set vlc to automatic, it plays well but shocking on full acceleration and mx player on hw plays good but on hw+ it looks terrible. I thought it was only old devices that struggled with full acceleration. A mate of mine has a h96 max and that deals with full acceleration perfectly.
        Last edited by zabba; 02-20-2018, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by zabba View Post
          Ive noticed that video playback is very jumpy on vlc and mx player when full acceleration is enabled. If i set vlc to automatic, it plays well but shocking on full acceleration and mx player on hw plays good but on hw+ it looks terrible. I thought it was only old devices that struggled with full acceleration. A mate of mine has a h96 max and that deals with full acceleration perfectly.
          i noticed the same i'm using VLC player all time works better than MX Player for me

Comment

I had a freezing issue which seems to be fixed by the latest ota update but now i have noticed if i watch 4k content the box will restart after playing for a while. I don't think it's an over heating problem because i have the box sitting vertical with a fan underneath so it has got good airflow running through it. Has anyone else had the crash and restart whilst watching 4k? Thanks.

Comment

I plan to buy a 2nd Andriod box and my choices are Minix U9 ($180CAN) and Yorke Z6. ($110CAN).

I do not want to mess with firmware so how is this Yorke Z6 with stock firmware with OTA firmware updates? My only use of this box is online video streaming.

I know Minix U9 is excellent but it is expensive. S912 is 1-1.5 years old and new SOC (S922] will not be available for maybe a year. Not sure if I want to pay $180 for an old box!

Comment

Originally posted by Mis3 View Post
                I plan to buy a 2nd Andriod box and my choices are Minix U9 ($180CAN) and Yorke Z6. ($110CAN).

I do not want to mess with firmware so how is this Yorke Z6 with stock firmware with OTA firmware updates? My only use of this box is online video streaming.

I know Minix U9 is excellent but it is expensive. S912 is 1-1.5 years old and new SOC (S922] will not be available for maybe a year. Not sure if I want to pay $180 for an old box!
                You would be crazy to pay $180 for an amlogic device when you can get shield TV for $179 00 from amazon

I would go with the new Xiaomi MI box if you not want to mess with firmware and only use for online video

Comment

Originally posted by Mis3

I don't know what is this Yorke Z6 that you keep mentioning, but Vorke Z6 or Tanix TX92 is at around 60-70$.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry. I made a typo; I meant VORKE Z6.

From Amazon Canada; in Canadian funds:
                    Vorke Z6. $110
                    Minix U9m. $180
                    Nividia Shield with game controller: $270
                    Eshowee TX92 S912 2Gb/16Gb $86
                    Last edited by Mis3; 02-25-2018, 14:35.

Comment

Sorry. I made a typo; I meant VORKE Z6.

From Amazon Canada; in Canadian funds:
                      Vorke Z6. $110
                      Minix U9m. $180
                      Nividia Shield with game controller: $270
                      Eshowee TX92 S912 2Gb/16Gb $86
                      Ah yeah forgot Canada was diff currency to USA, the shield is only 229.00 with remote on Canadian amazon.
                      its the most expensive but by far the most future proof and less hassle with every DRM type needed.

reason I say new Xiaomi MI box is best choice for *My only use of this box is online video streaming*
                      is just because it has DRM for streaming services that most other china boxes lack, but if you don't use paid services like Netflix or Prime DRM wont matter.

they are also certified android TV by google so chromcast is included.

XIAOMI Mi Box 4

Comment

Thanks for the clarifications.

I cannot find this XIAOMI Mi 4 in Amazon Canada. From Geekbuying, this unit is $104CAN and by looking at the specs, this looks like a S905X or S905W box.

So, the price is this Xiaomi Ml 4 is similar to Vorke Z6. This Vorke Z6 is S912 and 3Gb/32GB, does this make the Vorke a better buy? Also, I know that Vorke provides OTA firmware updates, not sure about Xiaomi.

32GB storage is not too important for me but the 3GB memory would make the online video streaming better, right?

Comment

Thanks for the clarifications.

I cannot find this XIAOMI Mi 4 in Amazon Canada. From Geekbuying, this unit is $104CAN and by looking at the specs, this looks like a S905X or S905W box.

So, the price is this Xiaomi Ml 4 is similar to Vorke Z6. This Vorke Z6 is S912 and 3Gb/32GB, does this make the Vorke a better buy? Also, I know that Vorke provides OTA firmware updates, not sure about Xiaomi.

32GB storage is not too important for me but the 3GB memory would make the online video streaming better, right?
                          Like I said, only reason I say Xiaomi MI4 box is best choice is because you said

*My only use of this box is online video streaming*
                          *I do not want to mess with firmware*

Xiaomi are the biggest android brand in china and one of the top 5 in the world
                          they have googles backing with the tv boxes. so support and quality of firmware is generally better

Extra RAM has no impact on video streaming, even 1GB is enough for that, more would never actually be used.

Do you use netfilx or prime or other paid streaming services? these need DRM for HD/4K some wont even play at all without it

Comment

Hi guys, need your advises please, My Tanix TX92 have a lots of problems, 1- Freezing many times 2-Display Fade after sometime 3- system hangs 2-3 times a day, the Firmware version 2017-12-30
                            will be highly appreciated if someone can help me to solve these issues

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
                              Like I said, only reason I say Xiaomi MI4 box is best choice is because you said
                              *My only use of this box is online video streaming*
                              *I do not want to mess with firmware*
                              Xiaomi are the biggest android brand in china and one of the top 5 in the world
                              they have googles backing with the tv boxes. so support and quality of firmware is generally better
                              Extra RAM has no impact on video streaming, even 1GB is enough for that, more would never actually be used.
                              Do you use netfilx or prime or other paid streaming services? these need DRM for HD/4K some wont even play at all without it
                              I have no idea Xiaomi is the biggest Andriod brand in China, I am thinking of Vorke Z6 amd Minix U9 because they do provide regular firmware updates for their boxes. I have no problem for OTA updates but prefer not to mess with the firmware with USB male-to-maie cable. Based on the feedbacks in this post, you guys seem to like the Vorke Z6.

My requirmenrt of a new Andriod box is low. No gaming and no 4K video steeams. With online video streaming (no membership), I am lucky to get 1080p video streams. I have Netflix but hate it because of poor picture quality in Canada; maybe 480p.
                              Last edited by Mis3; 02-25-2018, 20:42.

Comment

I have no idea Xiaomi is the biggest Andriod brand in China, I am thinking of Vorke Z6 because they do provide regular firmware updates for their boxes. I have no problem for OTA updates but prefer not to mess with the firmware with USB male-to-maie cable.

My requirmenrt of a new Andriod box is low. No gaming and no 4K video steeams. With online video streaming, I am lucky to get 1080p video streams. I have Netflix but hate it because of poor picture quality in Canada.
                                Poor picture quality in netfilx is more than likely because the box your using has no widevine L1 DRM so its locked to SD quality as Netfilx needs L1 for HD/4k

Quality of the firmware is more important.
                                Vorke have provided some OTA update for Z6 but still has a few problems that I have had to fix. stuff like this is less with big company's like
                                Xiaomi who have to pass googles tests to be certified

I would choose micool over vorke as they at least have Widevine L1 DRM on the M8S L PRO + they offer OTA regularly
                                Last edited by tillaz87; 02-25-2018, 21:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X