VORKE Z6 Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX 3/32GB eMMC5.0 WIFI BT Gig LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zabba View Post
    Ive received my box today but the wrong mains cable was shipped out with it, i got the 2 pin eu plug instead of a uk one. I only had a shaver travel adapter (1 amp) to hand so i used that. I noticed kodi and spmc wasnt as smooth as it should be on video playback. Will the fact i was using a 1amp adapter have anything to do with it? Ive emailed geekbuying to ask for the correct cable to be sent to me and have ordered another travel adapter in the mean time that is 13 amps. Cheers.

Im using the 13 amp adapter now so the box should be running at full power but the playback on spmc and kodi is still not smooth (spmc is worse) some of the settings on the box are new to me, is there anything i should turn on/off so it runs better?
    i recommend you flash [ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1) firmware works much much better than stock

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

No idea about that.

I have also 1080p 50hz set as screen resolution on all my boxes, as it reduces Kodi - CPU load by about 25% compared to when it is set at 1080p 60Hz.

In Vorke I have auto 1 enabled, and that worked well. Auto 2 is also not liked by my tv.
      Thanks ill disable the frequency switcher in a bit and try auto 1 again. I've only had the box a couple of days so its still trial and error a bit at the moment. At least spmc is working fine for live tv cause i was a bit disillusioned with it yesterday, ha. I'll post an update in a couple of days after ive messed with it more. Cheers for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

i recommend you flash [ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1) firmware works much much better than stock
        Thanks for the auto1 and 2 explanation, i didnt know which was best to use. Have you any idea what the sdr to hdr and vice versa do? Think one is set to auto and the other to off. I'll keep that in mind mate if i have any more issues with this firmware. Ive never flashed a rom before and always played it safe with zip stock updates via usb but i understand there can be issues on stock firmware.

Comment

Reporting back after more trials and errors. I tried the Nexus Roms as well and both were GREAT but neither fix the codec issue, specifically, with the Spectrum TV app. None of the playback, display, nor orientation settings fix the playback on ANY Android 7 rom. 1 nor 2 make any difference in the playback settings. The Spectrum TV app has an incorrect aspect ratio and the streams are pixelated badly on every revision of the stock 7 roms I've tried. I'd imagine similar apps having the same playback issues.

For those that can't live with the playback issues I'd recommend going back to Android 6 if possible. The TX8 (not Max) firmware might work on TX92/Z6 as the reverse is true. 17.6 works great on the 6.0 rom after uninstalling the stock and replacing with the Play Store version, though I haven't tested DTS audio. If it wasn't for not being able to live without the Spectrum TV app, I think the Nexus stock 7 roms are by far the best roms for Tanix/Vorke boxes at the moment in terms of stability and overall playback.

I'd try the stock 6.0 rom on the TX92/Z6 but don't have one to test. Still using the TX8 (not max.) If anyone could test a 6.0 rom on TX92/Z6, it might help others who are having similar issues.

The latest Marshmallow firmware I can find for ap6255 is here: https://www.chinagadgetsreviews.com/...-tv-box-3.html

For qc9377, here: https://www.chinagadgetsreviews.com/...x8-tv-box.html

The remote still works for me on Nougat roms, as well as bluetooth controllers, etc. so I'm sure your remote would work with the Marshmallow roms too if they can be flashed to your TX92/Z6.

Comment

Originally posted by StelioKantos View Post
            Reporting back after more trials and errors. I tried the Nexus Roms as well and both were GREAT but neither fix the codec issue, specifically, with the Spectrum TV app. None of the playback, display, nor orientation settings fix the playback on ANY Android 7 rom. 1 nor 2 make any difference in the playback settings. The Spectrum TV app has an incorrect aspect ratio and the streams are pixelated badly on every revision of the stock 7 roms I've tried. I'd imagine similar apps having the same playback issues.

For those that can't live with the playback issues I'd recommend going back to Android 6 if possible. The TX8 (not Max) firmware might work on TX92/Z6 as the reverse is true. 17.6 works great on the 6.0 rom after uninstalling the stock and replacing with the Play Store version, though I haven't tested DTS audio. If it wasn't for not being able to live without the Spectrum TV app, I think the Nexus stock 7 roms are by far the best roms for Tanix/Vorke boxes at the moment in terms of stability and overall playback.

I'd try the stock 6.0 rom on the TX92/Z6 but don't have one to test. Still using the TX8 (not max.) If anyone could test a 6.0 rom on TX92/Z6, it might help others who are having similar issues.

The latest Marshmallow firmware I can find for ap6255 is here: https://www.chinagadgetsreviews.com/...-tv-box-3.html

For qc9377, here: https://www.chinagadgetsreviews.com/...x8-tv-box.html

The remote still works for me on Nougat roms, as well as bluetooth controllers, etc. so I'm sure your remote would work with the Marshmallow roms too if they can be flashed to your TX92/Z6.
            Ugoos AM3 firmware may work as well not tested

Comment

After you have installed Kodi, have a look at the system info in Kodi.

With other brand boxes I had the experience that there are some Kodi system files installed, and when you install Kodi they become active.

Don't know if this is the case with Tanix, but I have noticed this with a few boxes lately.

If these system files are installed you will notice during Kodi setup that settings like "expert" or " unknown sources" are already enabled by default.

With Vorke in Kodi system info it also shows Kodi version Kodi 17.6 xx-xxxx-xxxx Dirty.
              Hi, ive been having issues with kodi playing live tv (jumpy playback) when i get in from work im going to uninstall the pre installed kodi and add the play store version. Is there kodi files hidden that modifies kodi on install, if so will i be able to erase them before installation? Thanks

Comment

Hi, ive been having issues with kodi playing live tv (jumpy playback) when i get in from work im going to uninstall the pre installed kodi and add the play store version. Is there kodi files hidden that modifies kodi on install, if so will i be able to erase them before installation? Thanks
                Take a look in data/data/ apps, or one of the other subfolders in data/data that have app in the name, and see if you find something with the name xbmc/kodi

Comment

i have a problem with the last update, every time i boot the tv box vorke z plus its' boot in 480p.
                  what to do?

Comment

Take a look in data/data/ apps, or one of the other subfolders in data/data that have app in the name, and see if you find something with the name xbmc/kodi
                    Cheers looked in there and searched for kodi and xbmc on the file manager and nothing showed up. Ive added the playstore version now but iptv is still jumpy so think im admitting defeat with it so ill use spmc for iptv and kodi for addons.

Comment

Cheers looked in there and searched for kodi and xbmc on the file manager and nothing showed up. Ive added the playstore version now but iptv is still jumpy so think im admitting defeat with it so ill use spmc for iptv and kodi for addons.
                      Don't really get why you would need both. If SPMC plays well for live tv, it will play as well for movies.

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

Ugoos AM3 firmware may work as well not tested
                        I will try it later! Thanks. I also tested TX8 MAX 6.0 firmware for 3/16 ap6255 and it worked on TX8 (not max) 2/32. May work on TX92/Z6 as well and it's dated 0321. It works very well for me and the Microsoft Launcher completes it with that Nexus rom look and is highly customizable. Thus far everything works very well with this rom.

TX8 MAX 2/16 ap6255 official firmware: http://www.tanix-box.com/download-vi...21-full-image/

Comment

Originally posted by StelioKantos View Post

I will try it later! Thanks. I also tested TX8 MAX 6.0 firmware for 3/16 ap6255 and it worked on TX8 (not max) 2/32. May work on TX92/Z6 as well and it's dated 0321. It works very well for me and the Microsoft Launcher completes it with that Nexus rom look and is highly customizable. Thus far everything works very well with this rom.

TX8 MAX 2/16 ap6255 official firmware: http://www.tanix-box.com/download-vi...21-full-image/
                          i just check ugood am3 specs and they are too different don't try flash firmware
                          SDRAM DDR3 2GB (compatibility 1GB-2GB)
                          WIFI Module
                          LTM8830

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM

What problems you had with stock Rom that was handled better by this Nexus Rom?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't really get why you would need both. If SPMC plays well for live tv, it will play as well for movies.
                              I might end up using spmc for everything, i just thought kodi was supposedly better for addons. Its been bugging me and i like to get to the bottom of things like this, ha. I checked the kodi log and when live tv was playing it shown an error along the lines of this: Android media codec open null size cannot handle. Have you any idea what this means, i disabled mediacodec believing it was that but it is still showing that error. The error doesnt show when playing movies on kodi and also doesnt appear on spmc when live tv is playing so the poor play back on live tv on kodi seems to point to whatever that error is.

Comment

Hi all,

can anyone suggest or tell me if there is a unroot stock firmware for Vorke Z6 based on last firmware released (VORKE-Z6-20171221)?
                                Thanks.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X