No announcement yet.

VORKE Z6 Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX 3/32GB eMMC5.0 WIFI BT Gig LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tillaz87: You are probably right. Netflix used to be OK with my Sony TV but it had gotten worse in the past 1-2 years. I think Netflix Canada started the enforce thistle Widevine policy at that time .

I read that Vorke Z6 will get a software update which would include Widevine L1. Not sure how accurate is this.

Do Xiamio and Micool provide regular OTA update? Unfortunately, we have less choices in Canada; as shown in Amazon Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Mis3 View Post
      I read that Vorke Z6 will get a software update which would include Widevine L1. Not sure how accurate is this.
      those keys are factory flashed, so never going to happen.

Do Xiamio and Micool provide regular OTA update? Unfortunately, we have less choices in Canada; as shown in Amazon Canada.
      Yes, if needed. the M8S PRO L has already had about 5.
      with the Xiaomi box its google certified, so has to pass quality tests meaning the firmware it ships with should need less updates it also has a good chance of getting a 8.0 update

I use gearbest or geekbuying with paypal, they ship globally and have just about every china box

Comment

Originally posted by Mis3

Tillaz87: You are probably right. Netflix used to be OK with my Sony TV but it had gotten worse in the past 1-2 years. I think Netflix Canada started the enforce thistle Widevine policy at that time .

If you don't care for HD for Netflix then go for the Vorke Z6.
        It runs everything flawlessly.
        Just check first with the shop, what is the situation with customs tax for your country.
        Originally posted by zaryan
        Hi guys, need your advises please, My Tanix TX92 have a lots of problems, 1- Freezing many times 2-Display Fade after sometime 3- system hangs 2-3 times a day, the Firmware version 2017-12-30
        will be highly appreciated if someone can help me to solve these issues
        There is a dedicated topic to TX92, so better to write there about your problems.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone get 4k hdr to play on the z6, my box really struggles and then restarts after a while. 4k without hdr seems to play fine. Is this box just not up to playing full 4k hdr? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
            If you don't care for HD for Netflix then go for the Vorke Z6.
            It runs everything flawlessly.
            Just check first with the shop, what is the situation with customs tax for your country.
            Good point. One would never know abut this custom charge. This is a hit and miss and this is why I try to buy from locally (Amazon Canada).
            What courier does Geekbuying use? I know UPS always tag on customer charges to all packages.
            Last edited by Mis3; 02-26-2018, 16:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Mis3

Good point. One would never know abut this custom charge. This is a hit and miss and this is why I try to buy from locally (Amazon Canada).
              What courier does Geekbuying use? I know UPS always tag on customer charges to all packages.
              Geekbuying has also EU warehouses which means no customs tax for EU countries.

Comment

I'm in the UK and never had to pay customs with gearbest or geekbuying I use the cheapest shipping and pay with PayPal. Takes like 3 weeks.

Canada E bay might be quicker and have better selection but I noticed people on there trying to scam
                selling s905 and saying they are s912. 3rd party sellers can be like this.

My reason for not recommending the z6 though is just because I work with the z6 firmware myself
                (because it supports multiple WiFi BT for other boxes) and a lot of important stuff was broke in latest December 2017 firmware.

3D was totally broke, plus some very shady choices like code to block play store updating, hiding the force close dialog with code and more..
                lots of stuff I had to fix myself.

The included root method is a risk as well it has no prompt for access. so apps can do what they want without you knowing if it's turned on

But that's the case with most of the small Chinese company to be fair.
                Last edited by tillaz87; 02-27-2018, 00:08.

Comment

i just talked with vorke support and they said that the new firmware don't released yet

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                    i just talked with vorke support and they said that the new firmware don't released yet
                    I was told by Vorke Z6 technical team (vain a Amazon supplier) that Z6’s next OTA update would include widevine L1. Not sure how true this is. .

Comment

I was told by Vorke Z6 technical team (vain a Amazon supplier) that Z6’s next OTA update would include widevine L1. Not sure how true this is. .
                      Just Like I said above, 3rd party sellers on amazon and E-bay will say anything to sell their stock.. its likely they are not even associated with vorke or in contact
                      I've been working with android 8 year and can tell you, what they told you is not true.

Widevine L1 keys are factory flashed and unique to each device.
                      If the keys was part of the firmware we would of already took it from the M8S PRO L for all amlogic devices.

I actually wiped my L1 keys on the M8S PRO L by mistake lol I used the "Force erase all" option in burn tool..
                      flashing the stock firmware did not bring them back, gone forever..
                      Last edited by tillaz87; 02-27-2018, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87

Just Like I said above, 3rd party sellers on amazon and E-bay will say anything to sell their stock.. its likely they are not even associated with vorke or in contact
                        I've been working with android 8 year and can tell you, what they told you is not true.

Widevine L1 keys are factory flashed and unique to each device.
                        If the keys was part of the firmware we would of already took it from the M8S PRO L for all amlogic devices.

I actually wiped my L1 keys on the M8S PRO L by mistake lol I used the "Force erase all" option in burn tool..
                        flashing the stock firmware did not bring them back, gone forever..
                        Exactly, and a more recent example.
                        ONEPLUS announced recently that they will provide L1 for the 5/5T.
                        How?
                        All interested users must send their devices to ONEPLUS and the company will flash each device at their own labs.

Comment

I have been doing some readings. Netflix HD is a bit confusing.
                          Minix u9-H is supposed to feature Widevine L1 but many Minix forum members have problems to play Netflix HD.

Apparently, Netflix does not like Andriod boxes. LOL.

Comment

new firmware should be released in the next few days

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                              new firmware should be released in the next few days
                              Great. Let see if this firmware includes Widevine L1.

Comment

I doubt they will have merged all the fixes never mind the impossible lol look forward to seeing what changed

Comment

Working...
                                X