VORKE Z6 Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX 3/32GB eMMC5.0 WIFI BT Gig LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
    Guest just updated his custom ROM for this tv-box i recommend it works much better than stock one

[ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

[ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1
    I have vorke z6 plus, can I install this rom? If yes how?

Comment

damn vorke engineer really messed up with latest firmware issues are reported in other thread here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...718#post703718 and http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...608#post704608

Comment

damn vorke engineer really messed up with latest firmware issues are reported in other thread here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...718#post703718 and http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...608#post704608
        All I see in those threads are custom roms and other devices discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

All I see in those threads are custom roms and other devices discussed.
          yeah but all those roms are based on the same latest firmware (Shiningworth All-in-One 20171221)

Comment

yeah but all those roms are based on the same latest firmware (Shiningworth All-in-One 20171221)
            What has Vorke to do with Shinningworth?

Comment

I believe Shiningworth are the ones that make the base firmware for all of these boards. Vorke/Tanix/Beelink make small modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                I believe Shiningworth are the ones that make the base firmware for all of these boards. Vorke/Tanix/Beelink make small modifications.
                yes

Comment

Hi, im looking at buying this box in a few days. Is the general consensus that its a box worth buying? Ive read every post in this thread and have noticed quite a few issues about overheating which im not too worried about because ive got a usb fan which considerably lowered the temperature of my mecool m8s pro plus that ran very hot. Does adjust display refresh rate work on kodi with this box? Thanks.

Comment

Hi guys, am new to this forum. I just wanna know if I can install this vorke rom on mecool bb2 (not pro), thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by zabba
                      Hi, im looking at buying this box in a few days. Is the general consensus that its a box worth buying? Ive read every post in this thread and have noticed quite a few issues about overheating which im not too worried about because ive got a usb fan which considerably lowered the temperature of my mecool m8s pro plus that ran very hot. Does adjust display refresh rate work on kodi with this box? Thanks.
                      Don't know about this one, but TANIX TX92 , which is the same box, has reduced the high temperature at KODI, so now it's even better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
                        Don't know about this one, but TANIX TX92 , which is the same box, has reduced the high temperature at KODI, so now it's even better.

Same with Vorke, because they installed a modified Kodi.

If you look into the system info in Kodi you will see that it is a Kodi "dirty" version, which means they have added advanced settings that reduce GPU usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

If you look into the system info in Kodi you will see that it is a Kodi "dirty" version, which means they have added advanced settings that reduce GPU usage.
                          Hi, I've ordered the vorke today. Is it worth using the modified version of kodi pre installed or has the advanced settings taken away from the performance to reduce the running temperature? I have got a usb fan that can go on top or underneath the box, is there any vents at all on the top and bottom or are they all at the side? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales

Not really.
                            The latest update has no Kodi at Tanix, so I have installed the latest Official by play store.
                            So, we have both the official updates available and lower temp.

Comment

Originally posted by zabba View Post

Hi, I've ordered the vorke today. Is it worth using the modified version of kodi pre installed or has the advanced settings taken away from the performance to reduce the running temperature? I have got a usb fan that can go on top or underneath the box, is there any vents at all on the top and bottom or are they all at the side? Thanks
                              I don't notice any difference in performance, if you want to read up on Kodi Dirty, have a look here

There is no advanced settings file as explained in the wiki, so I assume they entered them in the GUI xml.

With the latest Vorke firmware there are also frame switching settings in the playback settings menu in Android system settings

Comment

My temps in the official Kodi app have been mostly the same, regardless of what firmware I use. It can run a bit warm after streaming 1080p for >1 hour, but I don't think it has caused any issues for me.

And if anyone is concerned about temps on these boxes, I find that it's better to stand the box vertical on its side so the vent holes are on the top. It blocks the bottom holes, but obviously heat rises and it does a more efficient job of exhausting the heat.

But again, I don't really have any issues with heat, so I just leave mine horizontal. Just thought I'd test for the hell of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X