No announcement yet.

VORKE Z6 Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX 3/32GB eMMC5.0 WIFI BT Gig LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems some movies the box can not handle.

Watched McGregor The notorious in HD in the supremacy addon, and at the end around the 1h 25 the picture get completely distorted.

I tried it on another Vorke Z6 and same result for the exact same scenes.

Also at the start of the movie when the Universal logo runs, the picture also stutters

Tried it also on Windows PC and a Beelink M18 S905 soc, and both none of the problems.

One of the Vorke boxes was just opened and only about 60°C, so not a heat issue.

Tried on every device mentioned at least 3 times with identical results.

FYI I purchased 10 boxes from Vorke directly and received a 50% refund on simple request, could have a full refund if I sent back the boxes but then I had to pay for shipping, so I guess they know something that we don't know yet.

Comment

Hi.

I bought a Vorke Z6 about 10 days ago. I have only used it with LibreELEC 8.2.0.1 (Kodi 17.5) and, since today, with 8.2.1.1 (Kodi 17.6).

It is very, very smooth and quite fast. I have watched movies in H264 and HEVC 10 bit 1080p flawless with SRT subtitles.

For example, after 1 hour watching an H264 movie, it was at 58ºC, working in a room at 21ºC.

In my opinion, this device is excellent!

BTW, could the screen with the clock be turned off somehow?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by darioml View Post
        Hi.

I bought a Vorke Z6 about 10 days ago. I have only used it with LibreELEC 8.2.0.1 (Kodi 17.5) and, since today, with 8.2.1.1 (Kodi 17.6).

It is very, very smooth and quite fast. I have watched movies in H264 and HEVC 10 bit 1080p flawless with SRT subtitles.

For example, after 1 hour watching an H264 movie, it was at 58ºC, working in a room at 21ºC.

In my opinion, this device is excellent!

BTW, could the screen with the clock be turned off somehow?

Thanks!
        How do u run Libreelec? Via SD card ?

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

How do u run Libreelec? Via SD card ?
          Yes. The LibreELEC is running on a MicroSD Card.

Comment

Originally posted by darioml View Post

Yes. The LibreELEC is running on a MicroSD Card.
            That sounds cool. Might wanna try that . Where do you get the img?
            Last edited by panchovilla; 11-22-2017, 22:56.

Comment

A NEW image is circulating on more than 3 forums. So it can be downloaded . Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by kwabh View Post
                A NEW image is circulating on more than 3 forums. So it can be downloaded . Good Luck.
                Would be useful if you could post a link, but personally I assume it is the same image that was posted on this forum last week, and is nothing other than the unrooted version from the September 6 rooted firmware.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, as i'm in need of an updated firmware.

Comment

kwabh If you are concerned that it is against forum rules to post a link, feel free to send me a message.

Comment

Thanks.
                    Got an S912 image and a dtb for a 1Ghz 3GB box. No resetting needed . It boots to Libreelec.
                    Played with a nolimits build.
                    Kodi is so spotty now, it's not worth playing with it right now.
                    Just firing Terrarium for now.

Comment

Thanks JANCALES. I do not intend to go against the regulations on FREAKTAB forums. I am afraid I am not able to post any link on this forum.

Comment

• scooter2014
                        scooter2014 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Post the link. As long as it's for this device it's on topic and allowed.

I am extremely embarrassed. NOT knowing what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by kwabh View Post
                        I am extremely embarrassed. NOT knowing what to do.
                        Scooter2014 is a moderator and said you can post the link here.

Comment

oooops

Comment

I received yesterday 2 vorke z6 plus model, the only difference is that it comes with DDR3 vs DDR4 on the regular model.
                            I made a compression between the z6 plus and the tanix tx92 that I also have and I must say that on the z6 plus I don't' have any heating issue, I run the same movie from Kodi in same time and after 60 minutes the tanix reached 79 celsius and the z6 plus 67 Celsius, I also didn't notice any difference in Performence between this 2 tv boxes, I really don't think that DDR3 VS DDR4 make any difference on this tv boxes.
                            one more thing, the clock screen in the front of the tv box looks sharper in the vorke vs the tanix.

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77 View Post
                              I received yesterday 2 vorke z6 plus model, the only difference is that it comes with DDR3 vs DDR4 on the regular model.
                              I made a compression between the z6 plus and the tanix tx92 that I also have and I must say that on the z6 plus I don't' have any heating issue, I run the same movie from Kodi in same time and after 60 minutes the tanix reached 79 celsius and the z6 plus 67 Celsius, I also didn't notice any difference in Performence between this 2 tv boxes, I really don't think that DDR3 VS DDR4 make any difference on this tv boxes.
                              one more thing, the clock screen in the front of the tv box looks sharper in the vorke vs the tanix.
                              If you don't mind, open it up and see if they made any changes to the way the heat sink is mounted.

I installed superceleron Gt1 ultimate scv rom on a Z6 and it runs a bit cooler, stabilizes at 76 -77 where stock rom stabilize at 80-81.

What is more important, the rom fixes the issue with the distorted picture in certain movies.

Everything works out of the box with that rom, unfortunately the LCD display doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X