Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! Just received my Mecool M8S Pro L, but will not play Netflix at all. Looking at DRM info, it has Widevine Level 1, which is great, HOWEVER, the HDCP level is UNPROTECTED. Does all your boxes have the HDCP level supported???????????

This it stock, just pulled out of the box....
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• scooter2014
      scooter2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      That way it can take over your vacume because you know all your devices are talking about you already

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    Wow!! Just received my Mecool M8S Pro L, but will not play Netflix at all. Looking at DRM info, it has Widevine Level 1, which is great, HOWEVER, the HDCP level is UNPROTECTED. Does all your boxes have the HDCP level supported???????????

This it stock, just pulled out of the box....
    Mine plays Netflix on 1080p with this custom rom, and also have HDCP level 1.x supported. When my box arrived through the post, i didn't bother checking out the stock rom, i just installed this custom rom straight away.

Comment

You should see this:

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

Mine plays Netflix on 1080p with this custom rom, and also have HDCP level 1.x supported. When my box arrived through the post, i didn't bother checking out the stock rom, i just installed this custom rom straight away.
        I really don't to install this mod yet, until it is verified that this box comes without the HDCP unsupported........
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          You should see this:
          That is the problem, I do NOT see that........ lol, and I just got it out of the mail box a couple of hours ago......... Are they now making these boxes without the HDCP supported???

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            You should see this:
            clarkss12 , on geekbuying website, that picture saying hdcp-1.x is supported is there, but it isnt on gearbest website. Where did you buy urs?

Comment

scooter2014 commented
              11-02-2017, 14:49
              That way it can take over your vacume because you know all your devices are talking about you already

I think my new robot vacuum should start eating some of my boxes..........

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

clarkss12 , on geekbuying website, that picture saying hdcp-1.x is supported is there, but it isnt on gearbest website. Where did you buy urs?
                Gearbest website........... First order from them, always have used Geekbuying........ guess I will take a look at that site.....

EDIT: It says Netflix in HD........

Comment

Double post

Comment

Gearbest website........... First order from them, always have used Geekbuying........ guess I will take a look at that site.....

EDIT: It says Netflix in HD........
                    I would imagine if it doesn't do what it says on the tin, they(gearbest) will be in breach.

Comment

Here is what my Mecool M8S Pro L shows, HDCP unsupported......... No Netflix in HD, Netflix will not even run. Stock firmware, just got it in the mail......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mecool M8S Pro L.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	682543
                      Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, it looks like they didn't write the HDCP key at the factory. However, this discussion should be moved to the generic M8S Pro L topic, as it has nothing to do with my custom ROM.

Here is what my Mecool M8S Pro L shows, HDCP unsupported......... No Netflix in HD, Netflix will not even run. Stock firmware, just got it in the mail......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mecool M8S Pro L.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	682543
                      Not good, not good at all. You might have to get back to gearbest, they are quite good in responding to issues, I also bought mine from them. Unfortunately, they sent me an Australian power adapter, despite telling them i am in the UK. When i got back to them, they refunded me $10 to buy another power plug.

Comment

I got mine from gearbest and it came with the correct drm info and plays Netflix (well it opens) I have tried to play anything yet through it but I'm assuming all will be well as it has the correct drm info

Comment

How can I install the OEM firmware?

Comment

Hi Magendanz,

Im gonna buy this box TV soon. I was to buy a xiaomi mi box before.

Is there any other bugs in the tvstock rom ? Is it as smooth and fluid as mis box ?

I want this box because of s912 et 3gb RAM.

Thank.

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              There are two bugs that are related to power management in the underlying OEM firmware that I'm tracking. One causes wake from sleep to restart, and the other is a rare system hang. I'm hoping they'll be fixed in the next release. Other than that (and the longstanding Google Cast issue), it's very solid and smooth. As I mentioned before, it's now my main box (and I have lots to choose from at this point).
                          Working...
                          X