Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help, the COD MOBILE game closes alone when starting a game (GT_King_AT_V5.0_922X)

Comment

Originally posted by JNRW View Post
      Hi. I am delighted to say I successfully flashed the ROM and am very, very impressed with its overall speed and simplicity of operation.

There are two things I am unsure of and I hope, again, someone can help me.

My principal aim was to be able to use Netflix on this box and I particularly like how it works within Kodi on other boxes. But it does not work, I just keep getting the same pre-flashing connection error messages. I have the exact same set up as on other successful installations. (I do a lot of this for elderly friends). Why should this be?

Secondly, whereas Netflix works perfectly well from the in-built app and in HD, I cannot get the up/down/left/right navigation arrows to respond, only the mouse. This is not a big problem but if they could work I would be much happier. Am I missing a setting here?

Thank you.
      Hello,
      Thanks for the positive feedback. I do not use Kodi for Netflix, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work like you normally would use it. You may need to ask on the forum where they support that addon. As for the Netflix app this is the mobile version and this is the way it acts this way. Unless you have a Netflix certified box you won't be able to use the Android TV version of Netflix app, which gives you better remote support. I personally don't use the remote I use a Rii keyboard with a touchpad which works pretty good for me.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hi. Thank you for getting back to me. I have just now flashed your ROM onto a B922 box also with success.

I take your point about the use of Netflix in Kodi and will continue to pursue their forum.

I have two questions, if I may.

Firstly I would like to slow down the mouse pointer speed to make the navigation in the Netflix app more controlled, however, whereas I can find the relevant setting to adjust on my Android 5 Minix box I cannot find it on this box, only the ability to make the mouse pointer bigger. Could you direct me, please? (Apologies if that is a bit mundane).

Secondly, would the Netflix version 7.59.2 be worthwhile trying in your opinion?

And finally, thanks again for your output and continued support, i just love the product!

Comment

Hi. Thank you for getting back to me. I have just now flashed your ROM onto a B922 box also with success.

I take your point about the use of Netflix in Kodi and will continue to pursue their forum.

I have two questions, if I may.

Firstly I would like to slow down the mouse pointer speed to make the navigation in the Netflix app more controlled, however, whereas I can find the relevant setting to adjust on my Android 5 Minix box I cannot find it on this box, only the ability to make the mouse pointer bigger. Could you direct me, please? (Apologies if that is a bit mundane).

Secondly, would the Netflix version 7.59.2 be worthwhile trying in your opinion?

And finally, thanks again for your output and continued support, i just love the product!
          You can change mouse speed in Settings / System / Language & Input / Advanced , it may not be accurate but somewhere in there you can do it. Sorry I don't have a box in front of me to tell you exactly where. In there you should be able to change pointer speed. As for the Netflix app you would need to try it out to know how it works for you.
          Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Please delete.
            Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 07-03-2020, 00:41. Reason: Stupid question

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
              Thinking of getting this box because I like the extra USB3 port, I've wanted that for a while. I read that this box only supports 4TB drives is that true? I have a USB enclosure with 5 HDD's inside and most are 2 or 3 TB but I have a 8 TB and 10 TB also. My current box can use them just fine. I think I will be using this ROM for sure.
              Chralie_Boy, if you are planning to use a soundbar or surround receiver, stay away from this box. With the current software, the GT-King does not pass any images or sound through the HDMI port to a soundbar or surround receiver. I have two of these and wish I had know this fact before purchasing them.

Comment

Originally posted by jm se View Post

Chralie_Boy, if you are planning to use a soundbar or surround receiver, stay away from this box. With the current software, the GT-King does not pass any images or sound through the HDMI port to a soundbar or surround receiver. I have two of these and wish I had know this fact before purchasing them.
                Thanks for the warning mate.

Comment

I now own the device and I am glad I bought it. Fits my needs perfectly. One or two things to solve and it will be 100%.
                  Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 07-03-2020, 00:42.

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

You can change mouse speed in Settings / System / Language & Input / Advanced , it may not be accurate but somewhere in there you can do it. Sorry I don't have a box in front of me to tell you exactly where. In there you should be able to change pointer speed. As for the Netflix app you would need to try it out to know how it works for you.
                    Thank you,

Alvatech
                    Thank you again for your reply. I have slowed down and enlarged the mouse pointer on both the boxes I have flashed your ROM and it makes using the Netflix app perfect. I am now trying to put on the Amazon Prime Video app but cannot get the .apk sideload to install.
                    I notice you have the Amazon Prime Video app loaded in your images in the first post so if you could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
                    Thanks.

EDIT: I managed to engage my second brain cell and have successfully installed Amazon Prime Video from the Play Store. I continue to be extremely happy with the speed of operation of these two revitalised boxes.
                    Last edited by JNRW; 06-28-2020, 14:30.

Comment

My version is SB9X will this ROM be suitable? I don't see this version number mentioned. Open ELEC reports that I have the Revision B chip.

According to this link https://androidpctv.com/firmware-bee...ng-rom-update/ serials C922X, SA92X and SB92X are compatible, is this also the case for your ROM?
                      Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 07-02-2020, 15:21.

Comment

Installed blindly without being sure that the image is compatible. The ROM runs very smoothly, possibly the best I have used. I found two problems which are immediately apparent to me, the ROOT button is missing that was on the original or I can't find it and the WiFi does not work, tried changing channels and it won't connect. Using Ethernet works very well though.

Definitely the best box that I have owned. It does everything that I require. We may grow old together.
                        Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 07-03-2020, 00:46. Reason: Missing H

Comment

Tried more channels and the WiFi started working. I don't know what happened but now it works. Fantastic ROM! The lower channels on 2.4ghz seem to be not working 13 seems to work best. Strange that 5ghz started working too.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
                            Tried more channels and the WiFi started working. I don't know what happened but now it works. Fantastic ROM! The lower channels on 2.4ghz seem to be not working 13 seems to work best. Strange that 5ghz started working too.
                            Just a thought but would it have anything to do with Google dependencies taking a time to install themselves? It is a good ROM though, isn’t it?

Comment

Just a thought but would it have anything to do with Google dependencies taking a time to install themselves? It is a good ROM though, isn’t it?
                              Unless it takes many hours to do then I don't think so. It is a great ROM, must be the best one I have used.

Comment

Dear Alvatech,
                                thank you very much for your efforts!! It is a great rom!!!
                                Although i have a small question, seems like i cant get HDR working and i will explain.
                                The option sdr to hdr working perfectly, but i dont need it to work all the time, just when the content i watch is HDR.
                                I there a way to make it happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X