X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 MAX Android 7.1.2 4Gb/32Gb - SCV1 Beta

Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play
    Many Thks to my beta tester trebor

READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!!

Changelog V1:
    • Based on stock/and another rom....
    • General optimization, should be smoother and faster!
    • FIxed Stream apps 4k webm/vp9 playback (youtube etc..)
    • Some house clean!
    • Mem usage lot better now.
    • Boot a lot faster, emmc also faster!
    • 1080p Ui
    • Youtube 4K support (no youtube leanback, if i did that one you will lose access to some apps in the playstore)
    • Added power button to navigation bar, single press = poweroff, long press power menu.
    • Added Status/Navigation bar auto hide, so dont show anymore on Youtube and other apps!
    • Added a setup wizard.
    • Organized some boot scripts.
    • Added lots of kl's.
    • Netflix, youtube, playstore...etc... fully working.
    • Many Gamepads supported.
    • Playstore updated (GMS is updated the 1º time you login to the store)
    • Lots Permissions fixed.
    • FTMC Build 30 RKversion (the best player for this device)
    • Fixed RKcodec Playback and fractional HDMI in FTMC. (Fractional HDMI Only works in the 3328 and 3399)
    • Added a few apps...
    • Updated some codecs
    • Fixed Bluetooth problems.
    • Updated wireless driver.
    • Added SC modded WeOS launcher (menu button on the remote is your friend in this launcher)
    • And some other little tweaks and fixes...
    Tweaks V1 Enable Backdrop Screen Saver:
    • 1. Settings -> Screen Saver
    • 2. Inside press "Screen saver" and chose "Backdrop"
    • 3. After that go back and in "When to start" choose the time that you want the screen saver to kick in!
    • 4. Dont touch "Put device to sleep".
    • If you guys want to try it press "Start now"

Bugs V1:
    • If you get 848x800 resolution, sorry cant help you... its a bug in the kernel that cant read the EDID from some TV's...
    • Don't try Magisk, it wont work!
    • The rom is rooted with supersu 2.82 BUT NO supersu app due to some Incompatibilities, and if you add it DONT UPDATE SU BINARY YOU WILL GET A BOOT LOOP!
    • Suspend in Power Menu dont work, it powers off the box, but since the boot is so fast in this box i really dont think is a problem!
    • I bet a lot more Bugs...

Want to buy me a beer?Download:Install instructions:
    • Search the forum for instructions, is the same as all other rk boxes...
    • This box if you want to use a external USB HDD powered by the box you need at least a 3A PSU.
    Where to buy:1º BOOT MAY TAKE AROUND 5 MINUTES MAYBE LESS!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!

your work is very much appreciated, I'll give this a try when I get a bit of spare time
    Thanks again

Comment

Thanks superceleron ! I just flashed it and it runs fast. I am finding a few bugs not listed above and wanted to let you know about them. I just got this box today so I am unsure if any of these things are common with this box.
      1. The box completely powers off after random actions. It turned off when I changed the resolution of a youtube video, another time when I selected "Addons" in FTMC. SOmetimes just watching youtube. I don't see any pattern yet. After using FTMC the app no longer opens. When you try to open it, the screen flashes blue (FTMC icon color), then returns to home screen. The app shows as running when I view the currently running apps but I cannot use it until i clear the apps cache.
      2. Wifi issues: (5ghz)
      -Wifi is not automatically connecting on boot. I have to manually connect every time. The WIFI is "saved" but does not connect automatically.
      -Wifi disconnects randomly and shows "disabled" within the WIFI network selection screen.
      -Very poor 5GHz signal. My other boxes in the same room have OK signal but this one, the stock room seemed to have better signal so Idk if its a box issue or the ROM. This could also be why the box randomly disconnects from wifi
      That's all I've found so far, your work has made this box SIGNIFICANTLY better. Thanks again.
      Last edited by Gamepwnzer; 08-14-2017, 03:30.

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        Make sure you have a 2.5 amp power pack...
        No usb HDD in if so will need a better power supply 5v 3amp

Originally posted by Gamepwnzer View Post

Thanks superceleron ! I just flashed it and it runs fast. I am finding a few bugs not listed above and wanted to let you know about them. I just got this box today so I am unsure if any of these things are common with this box.
      1. The box completely powers off after random actions. It turned off when I changed the resolution of a youtube video, another time when I selected "Addons" in FTMC. SOmetimes just watching youtube. I don't see any pattern yet. After using FTMC the app no longer opens. When you try to open it, the screen flashes blue (FTMC icon color), then returns to home screen. The app shows as running when I view the currently running apps but I cannot use it until i clear the apps cache.
      -Wifi is not automatically connecting on boot. I have to manually connect every time. The WIFI is "saved" but does not connect automatically.
      -Wifi disconnects randomly and shows "disabled" within the WIFI network selection screen.
      -Very poor 5GHz signal. My other boxes in the same room have OK signal but this one, the stock room seemed to have better signal so Idk if its a box issue or the ROM. This could also be why the box randomly disconnects from wifi
      That's all I've found so far, your work has made this box SIGNIFICANTLY better. Thanks again.
      how long did you run the box on the factory software ? Did you have any problems before flashing this ? My box has never rebooted or lost Wifi but it's still stock

Comment

• superceleron
        superceleron commented
        Editing a comment
        well try it... it wont kill your box for sure!

Well you have a power supply problem of a box problem, because i and my tester ( trebor ) dont have any of the problems you have!

Comment

And for YUNDOO Y8 nothing yet again ... Superceleron you abandoned us?

Comment

• superceleron
          superceleron commented
          Editing a comment
          Nop i will get to it if they rls a A7 build!
          I cant make their work!
          For now the A6 rom is still good enough for it!

y8????????????

Comment

My H96 Max arrived this morning (6 day delivery time from GearBest to UK - not bad!) so I'm going to go try this out now. Thanks again for your continued hard work, SC. Donation sent

Comment

• superceleron
            superceleron commented
            Editing a comment
            thks for the beer

Fantastic Start with 7.1.2, no Forced closures or restarts from my end. I agree must be power issue for Gamepwnzer. The H96 max has a very poor power input, doesn't go in all the way. either designed poorly or power cord is too long and not designed for this box.Personally I think they used a generic supply.
          Personal I found your beta to be almost flawless, fast and out of the box smooth.

I have a great deal of android and android tv experience and would love to Beta test any future updates.
          Also Im getting a Yundoo Y8 and would be happy to test for that as well, I believe it comes standard android 6.0.1.

Again Thank you Great work

Comment

• superceleron
            superceleron commented
            Editing a comment
            good is working ok, about the y8 well that one only after they rls their A7.

Originally posted by clsA View Post

how long did you run the box on the factory software ? Did you have any problems before flashing this ? My box has never rebooted or lost Wifi but it's still stock
          I ran the stock android 6 for a few hours before flashing.

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Well you have a power supply problem of a box problem, because i and my tester ( trebor ) dont have any of the problems you have!
          I don't have an external hdd attached and I am using the power cord that came with the box. I tried something different last night, I put a fan in front of the box to keep it cool. After using the fan I didn't experience any power issues so I'm guessing it was a heat issue. I am still experiencing poor wifi reception in the 5ghz freq. my other devices connected fine to my wifi. I'm guessing this is why I experience the wifi dropping. Everything else works great! The box may just have a poor wifi receiver but I haven't seen this come up in other reviews.

Comment

How did you flash it? did you use RKBatchTool/Factorytool? if you did then did you choose "upgrade" or "restore" to flash it?
            Last edited by superceleron; 08-14-2017, 21:53.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

How did you flash it? did you use RKBatchTool/Factorytool? if you did then did you choose "upgrade" or "recovery" to flash it?
              I used the RKBatchTool and selected "upgrade".

Comment

I don't have an external hdd attached and I am using the power cord that came with the box. I tried something different last night, I put a fan in front of the box to keep it cool. After using the fan I didn't experience any power issues so I'm guessing it was a heat issue. I am still experiencing poor wifi reception in the 5ghz freq. my other devices connected fine to my wifi. I'm guessing this is why I experience the wifi dropping. Everything else works great! The box may just have a poor wifi receiver but I haven't seen this come up in other reviews.
                If you think it's overheating it might be worth your time to open the box up and see if the heatsink is attached correctly (this may void the warranty)
                The others seem to think you may have a faulty power supply so you may need to try a different one or consider returning the box.

I can see putting up with a few problems on a cheap box but this thing is over $100 and you should get a good one

I opened my box up on the first day and found one of the 4 motherboard screws was not in the correct hole and wasn't holding anything
                so the QC on these things leaves allot to be desired.

I also saw a tip somewhere that moving the Wifi antenna so it's positioned over the usb ports will give you better reception

Comment

I used the RKBatchTool and selected "upgrade".
                  Wrong... is always always "restore" (i by mistake wrote "recovery" above)

Comment

OK I've got it installed no problem. But I am immediately hitting this 840x480 low resolution issue on 1080P TVs

In total I've tested four different screens:
                    • TV - 1080p Sony Bravia 32" (2011): 840x480 only
                    • TV - 1080p Samsung 46" (2013): 840x480 only
                    • TV - 4K Panasonic 50" (2016): works, auto detected as 2160p and also supported 1080p (although after I chose 1080p I got a blank screen until I rebooted)
                    • Monitor - 1080p BenQ 24", through an HDMI-to-DVI converter: works at 1080p
                    This is quite sad, as I intended this box to be used on my Samsung 1080p TV The only TV I have access to that seems to work is the 4K Panasonic, but that's my mother's TV. I suppose I could keep the H96 Pro+ for myself and give my Mum this H96 Max to use on her Panasonic, but I'd intended to keep the higher spec box for myself.

Or maybe I will simply have to use Android 6.0.1 instead

Is there definitely no work around or potential fix for this? I had no problem using 1080p on the stock 6.0.1 ROM that came with the device, which uses kernel 4.4.16 instead of the 4.4.71 on this ROM and the stock Android 7.1.2 ROM.

So is there no way to have Android 7.1.x but with an earlier working kernel like 4.4.16?

Or maybe some way to add in the missing EID data for specific screens?

Sorry, I know you fix it if you can - it's just really frustrating to hit this issue immediately

Comment

• superceleron
                      superceleron commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nop no fix or workaround (well unless you use Android 6), you need to wait for them to fix the kernel, sorry!
                  Working...
                  X