Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is a new version of the MINIX NEO X7 version - 216A
    This does not work with Bob's 8gb or above Parameter files, thought this thread should know

My original post in Bob's 1.8 thread
    I got a MINIX X7 16GB / 2GB with external ariel - so definetly not the MINI - received it yesterday and started flashing roms - and although I can get all of them to work - I cannot get the 8gb parameter file to work - Finless 1.8 with 4gb / hardware Guru's / Wassers 2gb / justXBMC_v1.1.1_x7 no issues and Quickshot V2 all work - but I am really trying to get my MINIX to have an 8*8 parameter setting.

When I try Finless 1.8 with RKAndroidTool V1.37 and change the parameter to parameter8, the flash seems to go all ok - but all I win is a black screen output, no boot sequence nothing. It does go through the initial formatting screen - but nothing after that.
    Same with 10gb parameter set?

Re-flash with the 4gb parameter and it all works again.

Just read through this thread and checked my box - mine is the Minix X7 216A model, I am thinking they have changed something - oh crap
    I did not take a CWM of the original firmware - just jumped in with my eyes wide shut.

Anybody got any ideas?

Comment

This is the Quickshot v2 thread... not Bob's 1.8 thread... so it doesn't apply to QS v2 since it uses the same partitions as the original. You can download the original Minix ROM's from their forum.

Originally posted by gollygosh View Post
      there is a new version of the MINIX NEO X7 version - 216A
      This does not work with Bob's 8gb or above Parameter files, thought this thread should know

My original post in Bob's 1.8 thread
      I got a MINIX X7 16GB / 2GB with external ariel - so definetly not the MINI - received it yesterday and started flashing roms - and although I can get all of them to work - I cannot get the 8gb parameter file to work - Finless 1.8 with 4gb / hardware Guru's / Wassers 2gb / justXBMC_v1.1.1_x7 no issues and Quickshot V2 all work - but I am really trying to get my MINIX to have an 8*8 parameter setting.

When I try Finless 1.8 with RKAndroidTool V1.37 and change the parameter to parameter8, the flash seems to go all ok - but all I win is a black screen output, no boot sequence nothing. It does go through the initial formatting screen - but nothing after that.
      Same with 10gb parameter set?

Re-flash with the 4gb parameter and it all works again.

Just read through this thread and checked my box - mine is the Minix X7 216A model, I am thinking they have changed something - oh crap
      I did not take a CWM of the original firmware - just jumped in with my eyes wide shut.

Anybody got any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
        This is the Quickshot v2 thread... not Bob's 1.8 thread... so it doesn't apply to QS v2 since it uses the same partitions as the original. You can download the original Minix ROM's from their forum.
        Sometimes i miss so much the "thanks" button...
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          Sorry but no ideas for my side I had the Ethernet in quickshot V2 working for almost a day some days ago, and no problems, using dhcp provided by router.
          No problem, i bought a new router (LinkSys EA6700) and now i have no problems, looks like i was wrong, it was the damn router but at least is solved now, the connection is rock solid.

Comment

Is there an update coming soon to room
            Kit Kat example

Comment

Problem with Sound on Minix X7

Hi, I am newbie here. I just bought my Minix X7 few days ago. This is my first android box.
              I am using the Quickshot v2 ROM.
              Everytime I put it in the sleep mode and wake it up and use it, there is no sound in any app (Youtube, XBMC for Minix).
              I compulsorily have to reboot in order to get the sound.

Does anyone else have faced this problem? How to fix it?

I dont know if there is a problem in the settings or the hardware itself. I bought it from Memoryexpress (official dealer for Minix) and have option to return for 3 more days.

Comment

Youtube app problem

First the pre installed Youtube app was working.Than I it over Playstore and reinstall it to get the newer version, but now I only hear sound but can not see any videos. How can I fix it?

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by xtremeclock View Post
                  No problem, i bought a new router (LinkSys EA6700) and now i have no problems, looks like i was wrong, it was the damn router but at least is solved now, the connection is rock solid.
                  Good! Some times we can't reproduce the users problems. Thanks

Originally posted by emtt_medo View Post
                  Is there an update coming soon to room
                  Kit Kat example
                  The next one will be jb for sure, we can't make work all stuff in KitKat yet, but we are working on it.

Originally posted by vab.android View Post
                  Hi, I am newbie here. I just bought my Minix X7 few days ago. This is my first android box.
                  I am using the Quickshot v2 ROM.
                  Everytime I put it in the sleep mode and wake it up and use it, there is no sound in any app (Youtube, XBMC for Minix).
                  I compulsorily have to reboot in order to get the sound.

Does anyone else have faced this problem? How to fix it?

I dont know if there is a problem in the settings or the hardware itself. I bought it from Memoryexpress (official dealer for Minix) and have option to return for 3 more days.
                  We will study it, for me I use the stay awake option and I really didn't notice this problem

Originally posted by DroidFan View Post
                  First the pre installed Youtube app was working.Than I it over Playstore and reinstall it to get the newer version, but now I only hear sound but can not see any videos. How can I fix it?
                  You can install the YouTube that was included in the rom, it is in your /system/preinstalled folder.

We think that this problem is caused from the overlay stuff in the rom. We are working on it for the next version

leolas
                  sent from my phone.
                  REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                  My devices:
                  Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                  MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                  Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                  Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                  Gearbest.com)
                  MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                  Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Hi,

I'm using this incredible rom for some time now,
                    and I recently bought a new tv and now my tv (phillips 42') gives me a warning
                    that my HDMI cable might be broken and to use a coble shorter than 5meters.
                    I've tried it with different cables (cheap and expensive ones) but the problem persists.
                    Any idea if this is software or hardware related?

L.

Comment

Originally posted by Limitless83 View Post
                      Hi,

I'm using this incredible rom for some time now,
                      and I recently bought a new tv and now my tv (phillips 42') gives me a warning
                      that my HDMI cable might be broken and to use a coble shorter than 5meters.
                      I've tried it with different cables (cheap and expensive ones) but the problem persists.
                      Any idea if this is software or hardware related?

L.

Well it's quite simple. Do you have picture and sound on your tv from the HDMI input?
                      Yes? Then your cable is not too long, and it is not broken. So, your phillips tv is lying.
                      No? Then your tv speaks the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by satrich View Post
                        Well it's quite simple. Do you have picture and sound on your tv from the HDMI input?
                        Yes? Then your cable is not too long, and it is not broken. So, your phillips tv is lying.
                        No? Then your tv speaks the truth.

Haha, i have sound and picture...
                        So my tv is lying to me... I hate it when appliances lie to me.
                        I'll let him stand in the corner right away, so he can think about what he has done...

Comment

Portrait mode possible?

Hey guys,

I'm a student using the Minix Neo X7 to build a digital signage solution for Android. Now in landscape mode this ROM is perfect, but i can't get it to play in portrait mode. Change the ro.sf.fakerotation to false and the ro.sf.hwrotation = 180 ( or 0) makes the device go into a bootloop. Now, the question : is there any way to get the device playing in portrait mode? I'm willing to use ubuntu and a android kitchen to change things but i'm new to that and could use some tips

Anyone ? Thx!

Comment

About pre-installation...

Dear friends, I'm going to install this ROM today, but I see that the ROM and some components are provided "scattered" on posts 1 and 4

Because of my poor knowledge of English, that does not make me easy reading many posts, I would like to kindly ask if any of you followers, you might suggest briefly what are the essential components to install with this ROM and the components most recommended, as eg. the kernelpack 720, XBMC updated to 12.4.0 & fixed etc..

Thank you for your help

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by kRel View Post
                              Dear friends, I'm going to install this ROM today, but I see that the ROM and some components are provided "scattered" on posts 1 and 4

Because of my poor knowledge of English, that does not make me easy reading many posts, I would like to kindly ask if any of you followers, you might suggest briefly what are the essential components to install with this ROM and the components most recommended, as eg. the kernelpack 720, XBMC updated to 12.4.0 & fixed etc..

Thank you for your help
                              hi, try to use Google Translate first and then ask whatever you don't understand. we'll be pleased to help.
                              Regards
                              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                                hi, try to use Google Translate first and then ask whatever you don't understand. we'll be pleased to help.
                                Regards
                                How do you think I wrote the msg?

You think it's easy to read messages with Google Translator?
                                I believe that you've never tried it... Because if I did, you would know also that the translations are rarely correct ..
                                If you're going to try to help me ok, and I thank you for that, but please, do not answer me to tell me I'm an idiot

I do not understand what it is better for a first installation to install ...

Comment

Working...
                                X