Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWM Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For whatever reason, that didn't fix it for me. Settings force closes when I click "Storage" and I cannot save anything to the sdcard, even though it says it mounts. And I can boot from the sdcard, so a broken card or slot is not the issue... Any other ideas?

UPDATE: It seems that my NAND (Flash) storage is not being mounted either... Nothing in the /storage/sdcard0 folder...

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk
    Last edited by locuraconsigueusted; 02-24-2014, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      I'm working on CM10, because I had to start the device trees to create CWM and this was the best base available with UBIFS patches already created. It continues to offer the least work to get something usable.

If I get it working completely, then it should be simple to use the same device tree for other ROMs like Paranoid Android or PACMAN. It should also be simple to start updating to newer Android versions, although we still need a new kernel before we can boot newer Android versions.

ShaunMT
      Any chance of uploading to github? You can use SmartGit/HG (gui for github). You can use the deb package to install in Ubuntu 13.04, just double ckick on it in file manager. The jellybean kernel should boot any version of android but may have problems mounting filesystem and camera, bluetooth may not work. Plus for 4.4.2 you will need a newer version of TWRP, not sure about CWM.
      Download the latest version of the Git client SmartGit for Windows, macOS.
      ​Archos Gen9 A80S cm-11.0
      Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

Originally posted by locuraconsigueusted View Post
        For whatever reason, that didn't fix it for me. Settings force closes when I click "Storage" and I cannot save anything to the sdcard, even though it says it mounts. And I can boot from the sdcard, so a broken card or slot is not the issue... Any other ideas?

UPDATE: It seems that my NAND (Flash) storage is not being mounted either... Nothing in the /storage/sdcard0 folder...

This can be really frustrating to solve. Sometimes it takes more than one try. Here's what almost always works for me:

1. Shutdown
        2. Remove the external SD Card
        3. Boot to the stock internal Recovery
        4. Wipe Everything (Twice)
        5. Restart
        6. Verify internal partitions are mounted properly in settings.
        7. Reinsert SD Card

That almost always works for me. On a few occasions, I've also found it necessary to reformat the external SD Card in addition to doing the above.

If that doesn't work for you, please advise what steps you took to fix your WiFi issue. Maybe that will give me some additional clues.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by stevemp View Post
          Any chance of uploading to github? You can use SmartGit/HG (gui for github). You can use the deb package to install in Ubuntu 13.04, just double ckick on it in file manager. The jellybean kernel should boot any version of android but may have problems mounting filesystem and camera, bluetooth may not work. Plus for 4.4.2 you will need a newer version of TWRP, not sure about CWM.
          http://www.syntevo.com/smartgithg/download
          I intend to publish to github eventually. The main thing holding me back is my lack of experience with github combined with my lack of time to learn right now. (I'll take a look at SmartGit/HG).

I was under the impression that the 3.0.8 kernel would not work for anything newer than 4.1.2 or maybe 4.2? Perhaps I was mistaken?

The filesystem and partition layout are a big problem, because they are hard coded in the kernel.

Most of the nextbook models don't have internal bluetooth. Other hardware drivers can probably be insmodded if necessary.

I intend to update CWM / CM incrementally after I get a stable device tree. Switching to TWRP shouldn't be too difficult if necessary, but so far the TWRP builds that I have tested have had such horrible touch response that I won't release them. I may take another look in the future to see if the touch response can be improved.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I intend to publish to github eventually. The main thing holding me back is my lack of experience with github combined with my lack of time to learn right now. (I'll take a look at SmartGit/HG).

I was under the impression that the 3.0.8 kernel would not work for anything newer than 4.1.2 or maybe 4.2? Perhaps I was mistaken?

The filesystem and partition layout are a big problem, because they are hard coded in the kernel.

Most of the nextbook models don't have internal bluetooth. Other hardware drivers can probably be insmodded if necessary.

I intend to update CWM / CM incrementally after I get a stable device tree. Switching to TWRP shouldn't be too difficult if necessary, but so far the TWRP builds that I have tested have had such horrible touch response that I won't release them. I may take another look in the future to see if the touch response can be improved.

ShaunMT
            cm-10.1 for the Prestigio Multipad Pmp5580C Duo works on the NX008HD8G/NXM8000ND_WM, no hw accelerated video, bluetooth or camera. http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/6...-pmp5580c-duo/

The kernel should work up to 4.3.1, maybe not on 4.4.2. I would like to see PAC-man 4.3.1 ported, my favorite rom.
            Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

cm-10.1 for the Prestigio Multipad Pmp5580C Duo works on the NX008HD8G/NXM8000ND_WM, no hw accelerated video, bluetooth or camera. http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/6...-pmp5580c-duo/

The kernel should work up to 4.3.1, maybe not on 4.4.2. I would like to see PAC-man 4.3.1 ported, my favorite rom.
              This is awesome! I remember seeing this request, but I was unaware that it had been developed. I'll definitely play with it. Hopefully I can find the source code used for it. I'm sure I could merge parts of it with my own and Christian Troy's to further my work on all the Nextbook models.

I believe the Prestigio model is the exact same thing as the Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM. I strongly suspect Prestigio is either owned by Yifang (Like eFun/Nextbook is) or buys their tablets from Yifang. The Next8HD8G even has a the following line in it's build.prop: #ro.usb.product.string=PMP5580C

Not sure about the Prestigio model, but the Next8HD8G DOES NOT HAVE A BLUETOOTH chip... hardware acceleration and camera should be fixable by swapping files from the stock ROM.

I've never used PAC-man, but it looks interesting. It should be possible to build PAC-man or Paranoid Android from the same device-tree used for CM, with few changes.

Do you know if the CM ROM for the Prestigio uses UBIFS or EXT3 or EXT4?

ShaunMT

P.S. I just noticed that this is actually Christian Troy's ELF2 ROM, plus a patch for the Prestigio. It uses the same source code I'm already working with. Examing the patch files should answer some of the questions I've been trying solve.
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

This is awesome! I remember seeing this request, but I was unaware that it had been developed. I'll definitely play with it. Hopefully I can find the source code used for it. I'm sure I could merge parts of it with my own and Christian Troy's to further my work on all the Nextbook models.

I believe the Prestigio model is the exact same thing as the Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM. I strongly suspect Prestigio is either owned by Yifang (Like eFun/Nextbook is) or buys their tablets from Yifang. The Next8HD8G even has a the following line in it's build.prop: #ro.usb.product.string=PMP5580C

Not sure about the Prestigio model, but the Next8HD8G DOES NOT HAVE A BLUETOOTH chip... hardware acceleration and camera should be fixable by swapping files from the stock ROM.

I've never used PAC-man, but it looks interesting. It should be possible to build PAC-man or Paranoid Android from the same device-tree used for CM, with few changes.

ShaunMT

P.S. I just noticed that this is actually Christian Troy's ELF2 ROM, plus a patch for the Prestigio. It uses the same source code I'm already working with. Examing the patch files should answer some of the questions I've been trying solve.
                i will test for u shaun let me know ok sounds like it b great

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
                  i will test for u shaun let me know ok sounds like it b great
                  I'm still doubtful that I'll have any alternate ROMs ready for testing anytime soon... but'll look for you when I do.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

ShaunMT

Christian Troy only released the source for jellybean. The 4.2 and 4.3.1 versions of android changed the way file system mounts for multi-user. The first post is made from ICS, screen rotation is correct. I am trying the 4.3.1 and screen rotation is wrong. Might need to change the build.prop to the one from our tablet:
                    Code:
                    ro.sf.hwrotation=270
                    #0~7 You are required to get the correct install direction according the sensor placement on target board
                    ro.sf.gsensorposition=6
                    ro.sf.Gconvert_x_y=0
                    ro.sf.Gconvert_x=1
                    ro.sf.Gconvert_y=1
                    ro.sf.Gconvert_z=1
                    ro.sf.ecompassposition=4
                    allow_all_orientations=1
                    Do you have any idea how to unpack the boot.img? I would like to compare the rc files from our tablet to the ones from PMP5580C.
                    nnlynx has ported cm-10.1, cm-10.2, cm-11.0, and ParanoidAndroid 3.99 to the PMP5580C.
                    Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

?

Christian Troy only released the source for jellybean. The 4.2 and 4.3.1 versions of android changed the way file system mounts for multi-user. The first post is made from ICS, screen rotation is correct. I am trying the 4.3.1 and screen rotation is wrong. Might need to change the build.prop to the one from our tablet:
                      Code:
                      ro.sf.hwrotation=270
                      #0~7 You are required to get the correct install direction according the sensor placement on target board
                      ro.sf.gsensorposition=6
                      ro.sf.Gconvert_x_y=0
                      ro.sf.Gconvert_x=1
                      ro.sf.Gconvert_y=1
                      ro.sf.Gconvert_z=1
                      ro.sf.ecompassposition=4
                      allow_all_orientations=1
                      Do you have any idea how to unpack the boot.img? I would like to compare the rc files from our tablet to the ones from PMP5580C.
                      nnlynx has ported cm-10.1, cm-10.2, cm-11.0, and ParanoidAndroid 3.99 to the PMP5580C.
                      so u got cm10 instalked or did i miss read ur post?

Comment

Screen rotation has been a pain. It seems like the build.prop, display and touch drivers, Open GL config, display config, hwcomposer, frameworks etc... all have to match up correctly. Amlogic does something strange to change default orientation in the Android source... so far I've managed to get it working correctly in landscape and portait, but not in upside down landscape or upside down portrait.

I use CXZ's scripts to unpack boot.img. You can find them in the Ainol forums at Slatedroid.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
                          so u got cm10 instalked or did i miss read ur post?
                          From this forum. http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/6...-pmp5580c-duo/ I tried cm-10.1 and cm-10.2, just follow the instructions. I used Shaun's CWM to flash but there is a TWRP in the forum that may work.
                          Last edited by stevemp; 02-24-2014, 20:18. Reason: forgot link
                          Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

~

From this forum. http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/6...-pmp5580c-duo/ I tried cm-10.1 and cm-10.2, just follow the instructions. I used Shaun's CWM to flash but there is a TWRP in the forum that may work.
                            got the first file down loaded cant get the others to i got them igive it a try in a few thanks just did some looking think cm11 is out too im down loading cm11 now now its fun timea
                            Last edited by roadkill; 02-24-2014, 21:33.

Comment

Re: CWM Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

This can be really frustrating to solve. Sometimes it takes more than one try. Here's what almost always works for me:

1. Shutdown
                              2. Remove the external SD Card
                              3. Boot to the stock internal Recovery
                              4. Wipe Everything (Twice)
                              5. Restart
                              6. Verify internal partitions are mounted properly in settings.
                              7. Reinsert SD Card

That almost always works for me. On a few occasions, I've also found it necessary to reformat the external SD Card in addition to doing the above.

If that doesn't work for you, please advise what steps you took to fix your WiFi issue. Maybe that will give me some additional clues.

ShaunMT
                              I followed your directions, and it did not work. All I did to fix the WiFi was reflash the stock boot.img. Under where it says "flash storage" it says 8 GB, but nothing else. When I insert the sdcard I get the same issues as before. Maybe if I flashed the cm 10 that was mentioned earlier...

Comment

From the looks of it bluetooth is achieved by use of some external USB dongle, not actually built into the device.

Comment

Working...
                                X