X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks sam321 and D33

Thank you!
    Just signed to say that.
    I spent countless hours trying to fix my stick flashing dozen roms without wifi/bt working and troubling @1080p, even on this forum.
    And my solution was just .... around the thread.
    Really appreciated!

Originally posted by sam321 View Post
    I know there are quite a few people out there that want A 1080p ROM, so I am releasing this, bear in mind that this ROM was never meant to be released as it has been personalised,
    so things like Gmail, google maps, and a few others have been removed. This should not be a problem as they can be downloaded from google play store, and things have been added such as SPMC and I am unable to make any more modifications as I do not have the android stick any more. so keeping that in mind lets get down to the nitty gritty features of this ROM

but first Big thanks to D33 for the kernel source and fixing WiFi and bluetooth

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwn7pdgeek..._V1.3.zip?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by gdroos View Post
      Is your stick a 3188T version and do you have 2gb ram available with this kitkat version? How does xbmc perform?
      I have the MK809III with MT6622N and 3188T and currently bricked. I can get into masked mode with pin 7-8 short. How do you flash img files? Do I use Neomode flash tool with just the one file?

Will this rom flash in masked mode? When I try to flash other roms with the usual set of files, I get an error flashing the bootloader.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tonyzoc View Post
        I have the MK809III with MT6622N and 3188T and currently bricked. I can get into masked mode with pin 7-8 short. How do you flash img files? Do I use Neomode flash tool with just the one file?

Will this rom flash in masked mode? When I try to flash other roms with the usual set of files, I get an error flashing the bootloader.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
        Tony
        A little more info...
        I tried erasing the nand and I get "Error Download boot failed". I get the same error if attempting to flash also. Maybe my nand is corrupt. I'm going to try flashing this rom, 21131217mk809iii BAITan update_3188 dongle_12.4.rar, next. I'm close to tossing this out I thing...

Comment

Originally posted by tonyzoc View Post
          A little more info...
          I tried erasing the nand and I get "Error Download boot failed". I get the same error if attempting to flash also. Maybe my nand is corrupt. I'm going to try flashing this rom, 21131217mk809iii BAITan update_3188 dongle_12.4.rar, next. I'm close to tossing this out I thing...

I was in the same situation until I find a really compatible rom.

I advise you to clearly identify your stick, if it's the one on post 1 (CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208) test this rom 1080p :

Comment

This is the exact unit I have and I downloaded MK809III_SAM321_Kit Kat_1080p_Custom_Rom_V1.3.zip from the Drop box link. I'm in Mask mode and if I try to erase IDB or try to Flash ROM I get the error message "Error: Download boot failed".

Comment

Kernel 720p

Where you can take the kernel on the 720p?
              Thank U.

Comment

Firstly thanks to Sam and d33 on the development to make the ROM and kernels work for this device, Mine is working fine with Sam's ROM and HD RAM Kernel 667.

Though this is a old android stick by now, anyone maange to get 1080p streaming option for Youtube? maximum i could get is still 720p

Comment

Originally posted by sam321
                  I would like to present my custom KitKat Rom.

This ROM has been made by using a different Rom From A different android stick as such I have had to make heavy modifications to the system files to ensure that a bluetooth and WiFi works properly therefore it is required that after the first boot that you shut down the android stick and remove all power, do not try activating the WiFi or bluetooth on the first boot, after this it does not matter.

Features of this ROM

1: WiFi and bluetooth working 98% of the time nothing in life is guaranteed 100% lol. it is subject to following my instructions above

2: d33 unlocked and overclocked kernel just make sure your stick does not get too hot

3: Rooted

4: added init.d support

5: you are now able to use USB Lan adapters

6: a much more polished ROM. as this ROM was made by a reputable manufacturer and modified by me to add all the above features to the Rom and then I modified the system files to work on this android stick

This is version 1. I have attempted to ensure that there are no bugs, however I have got limited time but I have done my best. I do strongly recommend that you consider extra cooling as these sticks do get hot, you have been warned. I cannot take any responsibility for you damaging your android stick

link to My ROM https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jgihd6agq...P8089.zip?dl=0
                  Hello! I have a mk809iii after i flash sam321 rom no signal on tv. Just black screen? Any fix or any suggestion? Thank you all in advance.

Here's some pictures of the device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello everyone! After i flash my device with sam's rom here's what happen.

Please help! I am stuck here for a week. I can't find any solution.

Comment

No help at all guys?

Comment

largerboy, wait, right now i'm uploading a .img that i use.
                        Here

Cahoots is a coworking space and event venue in downtown Ann Arbor dedicated to amplifying the vibrant entrepreneur and tech community.
                        Last edited by menthorul; 09-01-2015, 21:39. Reason: just finishing

Comment

Any chance of someone building cm12.1 for this device?

Comment

I have bricked my android device ... I have opened the box and it says RK3188_BOX_SZY_X6 V1_0 131024. It has a Wi-Fi of ESP8089 and BT Mediatek MT6622N. I have tried different different fw's to flash but the Wi-Fi or Ethernet or BT does not work. Please provide me a stock FW to flash this box. I have checked all the links and all of them are broken. Please provide me a non chinese link for the FW for this device.

Comment

Originally posted by jiepiewie View Post
                              Are these Kitkat roms ? Are they rooted ? If 'only' the shutdown-button is missing and the rest works it's fine by me

I'm downloading these as we speak and can place them on my dropbox for better downloads if neccesary.
                              Can you please upload it in Dropbox?

Comment

Originally posted by yoretao View Post
                                May be the new stock firmware

Try this:

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

inside there, download the file cyxtech_rk31 809III 8089_140509_8G2G.rar
                                Can you please provide me a link In a non Chinese site? It looks like all the links are broken.

Comment

Working...
                                X