New hardware for MK809III / CX-919II / RK3188-T and MT6622N with ESP8089

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Arebic,

I do have the same device and uploading different ROMs now wifi is not working anymore not even with ROMs that were working fine before.

I would like to restate the original rom. Which tool can I use to upload all the files you made avalable? If can also post the link where download it.

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by dkutay View Post
      Dear Kristoma,

I have flickering issue on my Sony LCD TV for 1080 and 50 resolution.
      You have recommend some Chinese links in your following post but I could not reach those sites.
      Is there any other way to download the firmware ...140509 that you recommend in you following post.
      I will appreciate if you can put it some that we can download easily.
      Thanks a lot!
      I also have that same problem on a Bravia. Let me know if you find a solution. I have the same internals in a box version

Comment

Restoring mk809III

Originally posted by cuboide View Post
        Hi Arebic,

I do have the same device and uploading different ROMs now wifi is not working anymore not even with ROMs that were working fine before.

I would like to restate the original rom. Which tool can I use to upload all the files you made avalable? If can also post the link where download it.

Thanks!!
        I used instructions from Bob which I found on this forum, somewhere.
        Because I can't remember where exactly here is uploaded file:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

same as posted there by Bob - who gave instructions and prepared everything (thanks Bob, again)
        I just uploaded his zip file and there is everything needed.

NOTICE: I did dump those files, but I still haven't tested them on my mk809iii

Cheers

Comment

I have the original rom. https://mega.co.nz/#!gEox3KYK!MBTUHK...CRp_8yauTwKsU8 (cyxtech_rk31_MK809III_4.2.2.img) is for the CYX_809III_RK3188 v2_1 20140208 board

Last edited by Deroad; 06-08-2014, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by kristoma View Post
            I think if the firmware does not contain the correct driver for the ethernet adapter / usb, it will not work.

The problem is then to compile the driver, but you have to get firmware sources and knowledge to do so.

I have an adapter usb/ethernet and a CD with drivers (ch9100 / ch9200), but it is useless for me now.
            I have drivers also but nobody is able to implement these to the ROM. I have mentioned it here:

Comment

Originally posted by Deroad View Post
              I have the original rom. https://mega.co.nz/#!gEox3KYK!MBTUHK...CRp_8yauTwKsU8 (cyxtech_rk31_MK809III_4.2.2.img) is for the CYX_809III_RK3188 v2_1 20140208 board

I have a CYX_809III_RK3188 v5_0 20140510 version. Anybody have the stock and/or custom (kitkat) rom?

Comment

Originally posted by goranmitev View Post
                I just tested this ROM:
                cyxtech_rk31_dongle_8089 6622 _4.4_140402.rar
                It's Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM.

And it works GREAT. Wifi WORKS. Videos play SMOOTHLY.
                I didn't try BT.

Here are some screenshots:

Is your stick a 3188T version and do you have 2gb ram available with this kitkat version? How does xbmc perform?

Comment

Originally posted by gdroos View Post
                  I have a CYX_809III_RK3188 v5_0 20140510 version. Anybody have the stock and/or custom (kitkat) rom?

Actually mine is a cyxtech_rk31_dongle_8089 with 2gb of ram 3188T chip. so, yes, it does found 2 gb of ram. if yours doesn't you may consider to make a complaint to your seller.

Comment

Hi there.

I have a problem with this device.

I flashed the kitkat ROM of this thread with RkBatchTool, but when it was writing it failed at 62%
                    Then I unplugged and replugged it and it was bricked and not recognized by Windows.

So I opened it and shorted pins 8-9 of the NAND and entered mask mode. Rkbatchtool recognized it and finally I could flash the kitkat image.

Now the device boots perfectly into Android 4.4, it all works even Wifi, but the problem is that Windows does not recognize it. It does not even know there is a USB device connected, no pop popping sound at all, no unrecognized device at device manager...

I've tested on three different PC's, all of them Windows 7. I also tried different cables.

The only way to recognize the device is entering again in mask mode.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ec- blaster View Post
                      Hi there.

I have a problem with this device.

I flashed the kitkat ROM of this thread with RkBatchTool, but when it was writing it failed at 62%
                      Then I unplugged and replugged it and it was bricked and not recognized by Windows.

So I opened it and shorted pins 8-9 of the NAND and entered mask mode. Rkbatchtool recognized it and finally I could flash the kitkat image.

Now the device boots perfectly into Android 4.4, it all works even Wifi, but the problem is that Windows does not recognize it. It does not even know there is a USB device connected, no pop popping sound at all, no unrecognized device at device manager...

I've tested on three different PC's, all of them Windows 7. I also tried different cables.

The only way to recognize the device is entering again in mask mode.

Any advice?

Thanks.

go in options, then memory, then select USB protocol. now, without disconnecting that from the charger, connect a cable to your pc into the otp port. your pc will recognise it. if you turn off it, then the usb option will be again unflagged in the options.

Comment

Thanks, it worked.

I don't know why KitKat is not preserving the option to connect to PC on restart. On Jellybean the device was discovered just at boot.
                        May be it has relation with the different bootloader it uses.

Comment

Hi! Somebody tell how to remove jumping video on this device.
                          Custom designed for it?

Comment

[QUOTE=kristoma;179402]http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jG5K5ym

There is a cyxtech_rk31_dongle_8089 6622 _4.4_140402.rar file...

/QUOTE]

How to download?

Comment

[QUOTE=kristoma;179402]http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jG5K5ym

There is a cyxtech_rk31_dongle_8089 6622 _4.4_140402.rar file

/QUOTE]

How to download?

Comment

how to install in case RKbatch does not work

For some reason I can not get my stick to be recognised by my pc. I have tried it on 3 different pc's. Is there an other way to get the kitkat rom installed? Maybe somebody can make an update file from the img or is there an app which can install img files? If root is necessary, how can I root without connection to a pc?

Comment

Working...
                                X