No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've put together a new ROM from the factory firmware version posted above.

It's based on the same firmware version...just not from the ROM dump mentioned in post #1.

Just use the same link in post #1 for download.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Link is broken.

Comment

It's fixed, now.

Sorry about that....I had the file name wrong.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          It's fixed, now.

Sorry about that....I had the file name wrong.
          Thanks!

Can provide me a link which explains step by step to upgrade?

Comment

Just read the First Time User's Guide in the zip file.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Just read the First Time User's Guide in the zip file.
              Sorry, is that I had not downloaded the file.
              Thank you!

Comment

Darn it. This is unfortunate! Just flashed v2.5.2 this morning... Spent a couple of hours installing stuff and setting things up. Is this v2.5.3 really that different?

Comment

It really shouldn't be. 2.5.2 has all of the necessary components. I just found the actual stock firmware and decided to make a fresh ROM from scratch with it. The only thing different is the boot animation. Performance wise, the two versions are identical.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

It really shouldn't be. 2.5.2 has all of the necessary components. I just found the actual stock firmware and decided to make a fresh ROM from scratch with it. .
                    The only thing different is the boot animation. Performance wise, the two versions are identical
                    2.5.2: system 574 mo , recovery 32mo, misc 4 mo
                    and
                    2.5.3: system 1.00 go, recovery 22 mo, misc 48 ko
                    The only thing different is the boot animation. Performance wise, the two versions are identical ???????????????

what is the difference between the two versions the size is not the same ???????? Thanks !!

Comment

Now for a lesson on working with dumped firmware.

When you dump the partitions from an existing tablet's firmware, the files you end up with are the same size as the whole partition...the space allocated in the parameter file for kernel, boot, recovery, system...

So regardless of the original size of the file, you have a bunch of useless space to the dumped file because the partitions are designed to allow for some wiggle room. I was able to parse the extra kernel space by extracting it from the boot.img. The other files are larger because of this extra space.

The factory firmware comes in one update.img file. By extracting all of the components from this file, I get the original sizes without the crap. It's a much cleaner ROM that way.

Since all we had to work with originally with 2.5 was the dumped version, I went with it. I prefer working with the update.img from the factory...but in a pinch, I had to use the dumped version. In fact, with the parts of the dumped package, I made my own update.img so I could re-extract it (because that's how my kitchen works).

I hope that's not too much information, but it's an explanation for the difference in file sizes.

Oh, and you may ask why the system.img is larger? My kitchen app automatically adjusts the size of the system.img to take up all of the space allocated by the stock parameter file...otherwise, the leftover space would be unusable...dead space.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

thank for your work, for the moment my tablets work fine.

Comment

Thanks Randy, are you still working in more versions of 2.5? or 2.5.3 is the last one?

I have your 2.4 and I preffer wait to update for your last RileyRom version

Thank you very much for your work. You are great!

Comment

I think this will be the last one for this firmware...I think I've exhausted the tweaking with this one.

When/If Pipo puts out another firmware update...be watching for 2.6.....
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

I think this will be the last one for this firmware...I think I've exhausted the tweaking with this one.

When/If Pipo puts out another firmware update...be watching for 2.6.....
                              Thank you for doing all you do..

May i only ask: i am currently on 2.4 and i would like to install the newest one (2.5.3), do i have to wipe anything or is it ok to just flash the new rom on top of the 2.4, and if yes, which files only should i flash?

P.S. It's just that until now i always did clean installations and now i prefer to keep my data and settings as they are
                              Thank you lotssss

Comment

Anytime you flash a whole new ROM, you must erase IDB. The parameter settings change from ROM to ROM. Just do a Titanium backup before you flash...save to your external SD and restore "Missing Apps with data" when you are done.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X