No announcement yet.

Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 CWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay thanks!!! (: also i noticed that on your gingercomb their is no calibration button??? will something happen with the screen after a while? i like having a calibration button cause i tend to calibrate it after every boot.
    Thanks soooooo much!! You are awesome!
    Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
    FREAKTAB is FREAKIN' AMAZING!
    Kyle

Comment

There is no reason to calibrate a Capacitive screen. In fact the calibration does nothing! You only need calibration if you have a Resistive screen.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

FYI..... I hate to tell you guys all this but 2.1a will be out in about an hour...

It provides the following updates:

- This adds more /system space for rooted APPS. I found if you tried to install EVERYTHING from APP Injector, the system space filled up and not everything got installed! So really if you like to put things in /system liked rooted apps, you need this extra space!

- APP Injector package updated with all the latest APP updates from Google! No more updates cloging your system! Realize when you update a Google App that was installed in /system, it leaves the original in /system and puts the update in /data. Thus cloging you up a little (wasted NAND (disk) space).

- SU and SuperUser.apk updated to the latest.

- New WPA_Supplicant Binary for support connecting to ADHOC WiFi Networks (for tethering to a phone etc).

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          FYI..... I hate to tell you guys all this but 2.1a will be out in about an hour...

It provides the following updates:

- This adds more /system space for rooted APPS. I found if you tried to install EVERYTHING from APP Injector, the system space filled up and not everything got installed! So really if you like to put things in /system liked rooted apps, you need this extra space!

- APP Injector package updated with all the latest APP updates from Google! No more updates cloging your system! Realize when you update a Google App that was installed in /system, it leaves the original in /system and puts the update in /data. Thus cloging you up a little (wasted NAND (disk) space).

- New WPA_Supplicant Binary for support connecting to ADHOC WiFi Nettworks (for tethering to a phone etc).

Bob
          dont hate to tell us that!!! thats awesome...the flashing firmware was a little difficult but i completely understand it now!! this sounds cool i know its kind of late for this but maybe for the next update

the speed has increased tramendously which is really cool for games that need it like temple run, but the homescreen is slow. i think its because i have a ton of apps and i like them all on the home screens...idk but it couldnt hurt to do some looking into.

also you should make themes available for the lock screen. i dont know if this is possible either, but before i had go locker and i could download a ton of cool lock screens and it would be cool if those could be compatible also.

the go launcher also has a lot of cool features such as renaming apps, resizing apps and widgets, etc...on the homescreen. it would be cool to have these features also on your gingercomb rom.

also the feature that if you scroll past the last homescreen, it continues back to the first one.

ive got a lot of ideas (: if you want them id be glad to share
          Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
          Kyle

Comment

You can still install GO Launcher on this ROM. In fact I use it myself
            I love GO launcher. In settings you can use a SWIPE command to hide the status bar! And swipe again to bring it back... VERY COOL!

I have not tried GO Locker with this ROM however. Have you tried it?

FYI the default screen locker uses whatever wall paper you have setup. So in a way you can theme it by installing other wall papers.

Also, I cannot build GO Launcher into the ROM due to thier distribution EULA... Sorry...

Bob

Comment

You can still install GO Launcher on this ROM. In fact I use it myself
              I love GO launcher. In settings you can use a SWIPE command to hide the status bar! And swipe again to bring it back... VERY COOL!

I have not tried GO Locker with this ROM however. Have you tried it?

FYI the default screen locker uses whatever wall paper you have setup. So in a way you can theme it by installing other wall papers.

Also, I cannot build GO Launcher into the ROM due to thier distribution EULA... Sorry...

Bob
              no i havnt, but i will try it now and let you know (; all praise Bob
              Kyle

Comment

UPDATE 2.1a now available

UPDATE July 12, 2012!

This is version 2.1a ROM.
                If your happy with what you have (2.1), then you really do not need to update. However if you want this latest ROM..... Then feel free! I reccomend a full ROM flash! e.g. Erase IDB. But in my testing I also found you can do a CWM restore and it will work! Boot.img has not changed. Parameter file also did not change. Only system.img changed! So if you do a CWM backup, flash this ROM erasing IDB, let it come to the desktop, reboot into CWM, then do a restore.... It works fine!

2.1a adds the following to the ROM:

- New WPA_Supplicant Binary for support connecting to ADHOC WiFi Networks (for tethering to a phone etc).

The new ROM download has been updated in the link on the first post of this thread. You will know you have the new ROM if the file name says:
                arnova10g2_gingercomb_finless21a_cwm.zip

But to save you time here is the link below:

ROM -> Arnova 10 G2 - "GingerComb" Finless 2.1a CWM ROM (215 megs)

Enjoy,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bdoggamer535 View Post
                  no i havnt, but i will try it now and let you know (; all praise Bob
                  it works but not very good.
                  it takes like 5 seconds after you turn it on for it to switch to the locker. also once you have it on the security lock will go away and you will have to redo it in the go locker settings. i think i will just stick without it and go launcher. even though i like those features...i like your new feature of how easy it is to put apps on the homescreen better (:
                  Kyle

Comment

UPDATE July 12, 2012!

This is version 2.1a ROM.
                    If your happy with what you have (2.1), then you really do not need to update. However if you want this latest ROM..... Then feel free! I reccomend a full ROM flash! e.g. Erase IDB. But in my testing I also found you can do a CWM restore and it will work! Boot.img has not changed. Parameter file also did not change. Only system.img changed! So if you do a CWM backup, flash this ROM erasing IDB, let it come to the desktop, reboot into CWM, then do a restore.... It works fine!

2.1a adds the following to the ROM:

The new ROM download has been updated in the link on the first post of this thread. You will know you have the new ROM if the file name says:
                    arnova10g2_gingercomb_finless21a_cwm.zip

But to save you time here is the link below:

ROM -> Arnova 10 G2 - "GingerComb" Finless 2.1a CWM ROM (215 megs)

Enjoy,
                    Bob
                    great ill flash it soon! but just for clarification, their insnt anything speciall you have to change? just basically the same thing as it normally is to flash it? i just wanna make sure and thanks for the update (:
                    Kyle

Comment

I'm flashed and up in running. No problems.

CWM is a breeze doing the Restore!

I'm not clear on whether you need to mess with app injector or not if you are doing a CWM restore. Any suggestions?

One crazy thing happened after I restored, though. Google Play had to update most of my apps. I just updated today before I backed up with CWM, but everything updated again. Now I'm in the process of checking my apps.

Randy

Sent via my A10G2
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

You do not need to mess with APP injector. CWM is a complete copy of system so it will replace ALL of system when you restore!

CWM is awesome isnt it?

Talk about a bitchen way to recover! I use it all the time now and when I started I was not a proponent of it

Bob

Comment

You do not need to mess with APP injector. CWM is a complete copy of system so it will replace ALL of system when you restore!

CWM is awesome isnt it?

Talk about a bitchen way to recover! I use it all the time now and when I started I was not a proponent of it

Bob
                          I do remember how you felt about CWM way back when! Now, we can just restore the \data partition after updating the ROM and it'll be like nothing happened. Much faster than complete reinstall of everything.

Will play with this tomorrow (messing with my phone now.....I am playing with Boot Manager which enables me to load multiple ROMs. Do you get the sense I am a flashaholic? You would be right).
                          Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                          HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                          Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Re-Enabling CWM recover menu

I wanted to know if there is a way to re-enable CWM recovery menu option in Bob’s 2.1 cutom build.

When I originally loaded 2.1 custom build, I selected (just reboot) option in CWM recovery menu.

However I now see that it has many benefits and so would like to know if there is a way to bring it back.

I must say thanks to Bob again for putting together such a beautiful ROM. I had completely gone off my Arnova before I loaded 2.1 and now it feels like a new tablet and I actually enjoy using it.

Kind Regards
                            Annie

Comment

Use the app injector the inject the reboot app. Use the reboot app to install the reboot to recovery script and then hit reboot to recovery.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I just flashed this firmware and it is great.
                                can any one tel me how to disable the lockscreen.

Comment

Working...
                                X