X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minix X5 4.2.2 ROM with HLS streaming

Originally posted by karel View Post
    Yes all the latest stock except the G4.
    Do you Think it will work if i extract the kernel from the last stock fw from g4 ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ME173X met Tapatalk
    Last edited by KAR; 06-05-2014, 15:04.

Comment

Originally posted by KAR View Post
      Do you Think it will work if i extract the kernel from the last stock fw from g4 ?

I think so. You should try it. If it doesn't work then just flash back to stock.
      (If wifi doesn't work then use the "\system\lib\modules" from the G4 stock rom.)

Comment

I think so. You should try it. If it doesn't work then just flash back to stock.
        (If wifi doesn't work then use the "\system\lib\modules" from the G4 stock rom.)
        Hi karel,

Can you make an img for the g4 108a and108c as I know man users anna have it ?

Thx again

Comment

Hi karel,

Can you make an img for the g4 108a and108c as I know man users anna have it ?

Thx again

Unpack the new G4 stock rom and use my system.img from the zip in the first post. Erase NAND and flash all with the finless tool. Let me know the result!

Comment

Unpack the new G4 stock rom and use my system.img from the zip in the first post. Erase NAND and flash all with the finless tool. Let me know the result!
            Ok.. will first try the x5 Thx

Comment

Hi Karel,

Using the img file is fails it keeps strating the recovery menu. Trying using finless prog now.

Regards
              Kar

Comment

Minix X5 4.2.2 ROM with HLS streaming

Hi Karel,

Using the img file is fails it keeps strating the recovery menu. Trying using finless prog now.

Regards
                Kar

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to fix the single .img file. (Probably increase the size of the system.img part)

Did it work with the finless flash tool?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to fix the single .img file. (Probably increase the size of the system.img part)

Did it work with the finless flash tool?
                  Hmmm my doughter is using the telly right now... :-) will feedback asap

Kar

Comment

Same issue karel keeps starting with recovery menu

Comment

Same issue karel keeps starting with recovery menu

I made a new single .img file you can flash with the rockchip batchtool. This one should work! (I increased the system.img file so it matches the parameter file without any gaps. Probably the too small system.img caused the "reboot to recovery" issue with previous builds)

LINK

Let me know the result!

Comment

I made a new single .img file you can flash with the rockchip batchtool. This one should work! (I increased the system.img file so it matches the parameter file without any gaps. Probably the too small system.img caused the "reboot to recovery" issue with previous builds)

LINK

Let me know the result!
                        Thx ! Will test tomorrow when my tv is in my ownership again :-)

KAR

Comment

Thx ! Will test tomorrow when my tv is in my ownership again :-)

KAR

Samen issue karel...again recovery menu

Thx
                          Kar

Comment

Samen issue karel...again recovery menu

Thx
                            Kar

Yes, I just removed the download links from the first post.
                            I think I need to learn a little bit more about how to package a ROM. Later today I will post a file with a workaround (installing HWG_b02 and then flash over the system.img with the parameter file from the HWG rom).

@HardwareGuru, how do you make the rom to flash (so that it doesn't boot into recovery?)

Comment

I think I need to learn a little bit more about how to package a ROM. Later today I will post a file with a workaround (installing HWG_b02 and then flash over the system.img with the parameter file from the HWG rom).

@HardwareGuru, how do you make the rom to flash (so that it doesn't boot into recovery?)
                              Hi Karel,

Ok Thx.. , the finless method works as well so happy to try once available.
                              In the meantime install the GURU version? Or wait ?

KAR

Comment

It allways boots into recovery once to format the partitions, after the format it should reboot again.
                                When your parameter file is not correct one partition will overlap/overwrite the other, so make sure you have the correct hex size values in there to match your .img sizes.
                                It is size@offset in hex decimals dword /512 bits. ( hard to explain lol )
                                If you use my original parameter file from my rom it should work ( if the system.img is about the same )
                                Try removing all apps from cuser and buidl the rom, this way you will probably not go over the set size in the parameter file.
                                The only thing then is to install the apps by hand ( Xbmc etc.. )
                                Mostly i put an extra 50-100mb to the system so i have space to work in without calculating all the hex values for each build

Comment

Working...
                                X