Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink R89 --RK3288 Cortex-A17 Mali-T7 4Kx2K RGMII HDMI2.0 supported by ODM&developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oman View Post
    Pls understand my stand..at first,my boss even dont plan to give these samples out for free..But But I stick to it and persuade him of the benefit from your effort..
    So you see at last these 20 samples are coming to you,and what I am looking forward to is the whole thing must deserve it,after that he can shut up,and next time...maybe A53/A57 ARM again come up with you...But it depends on you.

The sound issue,we've fixed that..next Monday will be ready.
    Appreciate your efforts, oman. My sample is set for delivery today, and I'll have time this weekend for testing and feedback.

Comment

Yes,you are right..

Dear
      no_spam_for_me ,bloodgnome,LawlessPPC,4WheelSpyder,ssspacman ,ademturk ,Arbelzapf ,talas ,NikAmi ,goldenrod ,TMx ,sync ,sweup,Smokez,ENDRJUPL,clarkss12,Catadarius,tltest er,convict ,mmind00
      Have you all got the toy for play?
      Yep arrived two days ago. Fee was 35,42eur (23,52 VAT + 11,90eur dhl fees).

Interestingly, the hdmi port of my LG IPS235 display didn't like the box, through a hdmi->dvi converter it works as expected. Need to check if the updates you posted in the other threads help.

Btw. are the settings for the debug uart the standard 115200bps and is something required on the 5v pin?

Comment

Originally posted by mmind00 View Post
        Yep arrived two days ago. Fee was 35,42eur (23,52 VAT + 11,90eur dhl fees).

Interestingly, the hdmi port of my LG IPS235 display didn't like the box, through a hdmi->dvi converter it works as expected. Need to check if the updates you posted in the other threads help.

Btw. are the settings for the debug uart the standard 115200bps and is something required on the 5v pin?
        Rk update some fixes for HDMI ,maybe it will work for your TV..we will see.

The debug uart port is not easy to find,and no need 5v pin..

BTW,How about RKChrome OS going?
        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          It arrives. I get a 2GB/8GB AP6210 (I thought it's a AP6330 but I'm wrong ).

I also had to pay 35,42 EUR => contradiction
          I argue, that it is an "engineering prototype for beta-testing which is may be faulty and which I get for free" (because of the 50USD) and also argue that the sipping cost from China to Germany isn't ~110USD.
          110USD,what does this mean,this is the cause?
          Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Rk update some fixes for HDMI ,maybe it will work for your TV..we will see.

The debug uart port is not easy to find,and no need 5v pin..

BTW,How about RKChrome OS going?
            In a very early post there was one set of pins marked as debug uart. I'm currently wondering if this really is the debug uart, as the pins are labled as RX1 and TX1, while uart2 is normally used in all designs as debug uart. If this isn't the debug uart, can you tell me where it is please?

The ChromeOS development ... or general mainline-kernel support has gained a very nice traction. With the current developed 3.17 you can already boot a rk3288 board to a ramdisk. And the next 3.18 will get a lot additional peripherals enabled (mmc, pwm (incl backlight), saradc and we still have time for more).

Comment

110USD,what does this mean,this is the cause?
              Yes I think so (no feedback at the moment), but if I took the 35,42EUR and know the 11,90EUR DHL fee and ~7,20EUR Tax for the declared 50USD, I have a balance due of ~16,32EUR Tax...
              16,32EUR Tax / 7,20EUR Tax => 2,27
              2,27 * 50USD => ~110USD for shipping instead of the real existing ~30USD
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Anyone tested multi-user yet?

Could this work?

Comment

Originally posted by Arbelzapf View Post
                  This Update made my box unusable

I can't go "Home" anymore. Right after booting up, it will only show constant flashing of the android default "dark grey gradient" background, as if an app was constantly starting and crashing. There's no way to do anything useful with it

The navbar is still working, so I can shut down the box and acces the "Recent Apps". While the recent apps are shown, I can access the status bar and go to the settings. I tried choosing different default launchers, but nothing made the home screen come up again. Any advice how to solve this?
                  I just experienced the exact problem of the constant flashing. After Finless and all the other help I received getting my R89 going again, I decided to do a factory refresh (this is using Oman's latest rom 107k4106). After the box rebooted, I got the flashing. The only way I could recover was re-flash the rom. Now everything is good again. I did a factory refresh with the original rom and did not have this problem. So, I would think that this problem of factory refresh is not related to a specific rom, but it is a problem that should be solved.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Got a chance to play around with mine some after receiving it. I love the smoothness and quick response. I have an Onkyo receiver, so no sound like the others with this set up. I know a fix is in the works for that.

The Xfinity TV Go app that doesn't completely work with the S89 seems like it will be good on this box once the audio is sorted out. Live TV feeds appear on this box, but not on the S89, so that's a plus.

Slingbox player also seemed to work well. Will install some more things and play around more.

Comment

I just got my unit today from DHL which I must say was extremely quick given that I was one of those problem addresses and my shipment was delayed. Also a plus, the DHL guy just dropped it off and didn't ask for a penny so...USA 1, World 0! Just kidding. Anyways, one odd thing was that my box didn't have a remote control in it. The packaging indicated that there should be one so I don't know if they just forgot to put it in or what. When I do my testing, it will be limited to what I can do with a keyboard and mouse.

I've uploaded the world's worst EVER unboxing video if anyone wishes to torture their eyes and ears and check it out. You can see what the box looks like and its general size. It's a fairly large piece of equipment when compared to my Minix X8-H. Unfortunately, this thing came at the worst possible time as I have my board exam to finish medical school coming up on Wednesday and I can't spend too much time with the box until I finish it. I'll try to get a review video of the interface, the hardware performance, and the 4k playback up as soon as I can. In the meantime, if anyone wants to see something specific in the video, let me know and I'll consider it.

Unboxing: http://youtu.be/zSKAu7IEj4M

Comment

FYI
                        In the beginning,wanna tell you something:
                        1.For keeping my promise to send out today,there are no Remote and AV cable in the package because these two dont arrive on time..
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                          I just experienced the exact problem of the constant flashing. After Finless and all the other help I received getting my R89 going again, I decided to do a factory refresh (this is using Oman's latest rom 107k4106). After the box rebooted, I got the flashing. The only way I could recover was re-flash the rom. Now everything is good again. I did a factory refresh with the original rom and did not have this problem. So, I would think that this problem of factory refresh is not related to a specific rom, but it is a problem that should be solved.
                          BTW:
                          at 106k4
                          Settings -> Backup&rest -> Factory data reset (with 'Erase SD Card')
                          without any 'screen flashing' problem
                          Or what do you mean?
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by NikAmi View Post
                            I just got my unit today from DHL which I must say was extremely quick given that I was one of those problem addresses and my shipment was delayed. Also a plus, the DHL guy just dropped it off and didn't ask for a penny so...USA 1, World 0! Just kidding. Anyways, one odd thing was that my box didn't have a remote control in it. The packaging indicated that there should be one so I don't know if they just forgot to put it in or what. When I do my testing, it will be limited to what I can do with a keyboard and mouse.

I've uploaded the world's worst EVER unboxing video if anyone wishes to torture their eyes and ears and check it out. You can see what the box looks like and its general size. It's a fairly large piece of equipment when compared to my Minix X8-H. Unfortunately, this thing came at the worst possible time as I have my board exam to finish medical school coming up on Wednesday and I can't spend too much time with the box until I finish it. I'll try to get a review video of the interface, the hardware performance, and the 4k playback up as soon as I can. In the meantime, if anyone wants to see something specific in the video, let me know and I'll consider it.

Nice video
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by mmind00 View Post
                              In a very early post there was one set of pins marked as debug uart. I'm currently wondering if this really is the debug uart, as the pins are labled as RX1 and TX1, while uart2 is normally used in all designs as debug uart. If this isn't the debug uart, can you tell me where it is please?

The ChromeOS development ... or general mainline-kernel support has gained a very nice traction. With the current developed 3.17 you can already boot a rk3288 board to a ramdisk. And the next 3.18 will get a lot additional peripherals enabled (mmc, pwm (incl backlight), saradc and we still have time for more).
                              For debug port,refer to http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-feedback-here

Originally posted by NikAmi View Post

Cool,so you didnt pay any penny for the samples?

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                                BTW:
                                at 106k4
                                Settings -> Backup&rest -> Factory data reset (with 'Erase SD Card')
                                without any 'screen flashing' problem
                                Or what do you mean?
                                Yes, I did a factory data reset on the original ROM, 106k4, a day after I received the box. I did not have the flashing problem that the other person had when he did a factory reset with the stock ROM.

Comment

Working...
                                X