[ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
    We had "an accident" on our sources and we lost all we did to the kernel and system. We are starting from scratch, sorry
    Wow, bad news, hope you'll get over it and make it even better than before
    May be by chance you've got any traces in your inbox / PM's about how you fixed it? Something you've got from other devs / Minix engineers?

Comment

Harmony remote

So I updated to this new version (which runs much better btw, thank you for the great work!) but now I cannot get the harmony remote (510) to send play/pause/stop commands in xbmc as it did before. I used the modified file (from the X5 as mentioned on a different post, same as I did before), but nothing happens. I turned debug on to see the keys pressed and those presses are not recognized.

Any suggestions? I read through the harmony thread and nothing works, there is a mention about remote.conf file, but isn't that only for linux? where would that be saved for android? XBMC is the "official" version btw.

Thanks.

Comment

daemonium
        What to do to add 1080p 24Hz display resolution?
        Do you need to recompile new kernel to add this or just change some configuration file?

Comment

Originally posted by dony71 View Post
          daemonium
          What to do to add 1080p 24Hz display resolution?
          Do you need to recompile new kernel to add this or just change some configuration file?
          what do you mean? our kernel supports 24hz
          There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

what do you mean? our kernel supports 24hz
            yes, i know quickshot has 24Hz support that's why i ask
            i try to enable on other rom, but it's learning curve for me

Comment

yes, i know quickshot has 24Hz support that's why i ask
              i try to enable on other rom, but it's learning curve for me
              oh, in that case yes, you have to build the kernel.
              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

oh, in that case yes, you have to build the kernel.
                daemonium,
                i try to replace only kernel partition with your kernel.img
                however i still couldn't see 24Hz option in display
                i thought that setting in kernel.img ... am i understanding wrongly?

Comment

daemonium,
                  i try to replace only kernel partition with your kernel.img
                  however i still couldn't see 24Hz option in display
                  i thought that setting in kernel.img ... am i understanding wrongly?
                  use the quickflasher tool and one of the packages provided. ensure you choose a 1080p kernel

Comment

Originally posted by Morri View Post
                    So I updated to this new version (which runs much better btw, thank you for the great work!) but now I cannot get the harmony remote (510) to send play/pause/stop commands in xbmc as it did before. I used the modified file (from the X5 as mentioned on a different post, same as I did before), but nothing happens. I turned debug on to see the keys pressed and those presses are not recognized.

Any suggestions? I read through the harmony thread and nothing works, there is a mention about remote.conf file, but isn't that only for linux? where would that be saved for android? XBMC is the "official" version btw.

Thanks.
                    I am struggling with this too. For months now I have been trying a variety of solutions found on many forums, but nothing seems to help and the frustrating thing is that I know it should work, as others have it working. Maybe it's something related to this ROM? I recently received another X7 that I am setting up for a neighbour and I will try different ROMs to hopefully make this work. However, it would be nice if someone could help to find a solution for this ROM, as I am very impressed with it and prefer to stick with it.

The remote.conf file only applies to the X8, Morri ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Morri View Post

Thanks.
                      FINALLY!!!! I got it working (except rewind and fast forward, but I will figure that out) thanks for this post: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post245085 I will quote Zapto's post below:

Originally posted by zapto View Post
                      Kitkat has more strict parsing of keymap files (whole key map is ignored if parser founds an error, eg name not supported anymore). Copy the following keymap to rkxx-remotectl.kl, it should work:

####################
                      key 116 POWER WAKE
                      key 143 NOTIFICATION WAKE

key 28 ENTER
                      key 102 HOME
                      key 139 MENU
                      key 158 BACK
                      key 217 SEARCH

key 103 DPAD_UP
                      key 105 DPAD_LEFT
                      key 106 DPAD_RIGHT
                      key 108 DPAD_DOWN
                      key 232 DPAD_CENTER

key 113 VOLUME_MUTE
                      key 114 VOLUME_DOWN
                      key 115 VOLUME_UP

key 402 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
                      key 66 MEDIA_STOP
                      key 67 MEDIA_REWIND
                      key 68 MEDIA_FAST_FORWARD
                      key 87 MEDIA_PREVIOUS
                      key 88 MEDIA_NEXT
                      ##################

Comment

art and apps optimizations

But with Art all apps are optimized are optimized at each startup ????

Comment

No Color, just black and white (grey scale)

Not sure if there is a video problem or not. I have the minix connected to a Dell Monitor and tried via HDMI; via HDMI->DVI and HDMI-Svideo converter, however i don't display in any color. Only Black and white/grey scale.

Tested with different HDMI cable as well to the same effect.

I upgraded from Finless 1.6 to Quickshot v3.1 via first page instructions and everything else seems to work ok. Still working on getting it passed through a receiver, but that is another issue.

Anyone have any solution?

Comment

Originally posted by iDrone View Post
                            FINALLY!!!! I got it working (except rewind and fast forward, but I will figure that out) thanks for this post: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post245085 I will quote Zapto's post below:
                            Thanks, i tried that and still no result. I am using minix x5 as the device on the remote though, should it be changed?

Comment

Solved

Originally posted by solstice View Post
                              Not sure if there is a video problem or not. I have the minix connected to a Dell Monitor and tried via HDMI; via HDMI->DVI and HDMI-Svideo converter, however i don't display in any color. Only Black and white/grey scale.

Tested with different HDMI cable as well to the same effect.

I upgraded from Finless 1.6 to Quickshot v3.1 via first page instructions and everything else seems to work ok. Still working on getting it passed through a receiver, but that is another issue.

Anyone have any solution?

Got the color issue solved. It seems to have something to do with the converter and monitor. When switched from PAL to NTSC it seems to have worked. Now i would wish if the Nitro team could add more output profiles for people who use monitors not TV's. That would be awesome.
                              Output resolution options like 1024x768, 1440x900 (16:10), 1600x1200 as resolutions. 1900x1080 is your 1080p resolution.

Thanks awesome rom so-far. Now just got to figure out how to install Miracast (Wifi-Display) since the apk fails to install without any errors.

Comment

Xmbc Problems

I am having problems using xmbc. I installed crunchyroll and xmbctorrent addons and both of them presents an script error message. Someone knows about this? In mine x8h i have these addons installed and this doesnt happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X