X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Originally posted by leolas View Post
    Was xtreamer mc a 4.2 ROM?
    Yes, the XMC still is at 4.2. But remember, the problem is only with Archos, MX plays fine.

Comment

Re: [ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Originally posted by willynanita View Post
      Yes, the XMC still is at 4.2. But remember, the problem is only with Archos, MX plays fine.
      From 4.2 to 4.4 a lot of things chaged in the video section, some apks works better, some of them not
      I suggest you if you want to stay in KitKat try xbmc, smpc versions have the best result for me in rockchip and 4.4
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Pretty nice

This is a pretty nice and solid firmware. XBMC is finally stable for me. I am using kernel_leolas_x7_720p_cpu1704_gpu600_ddr600 kernal.
        I'm wondering about a option for powering down the unit on a menu?? Am i missing it somewhere? I have to change remotes currently to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by canuckfan59 View Post
          This is a pretty nice and solid firmware. XBMC is finally stable for me. I am using kernel_leolas_x7_720p_cpu1704_gpu600_ddr600 kernal.
          I'm wondering about a option for powering down the unit on a menu?? Am i missing it somewhere? I have to change remotes currently to do this.
          The included Reboot app also has a power off option listed in it.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
            The included Reboot app also has a power off option listed in it.
            I will have to check that out. I'm not sure i know what the Reboot app is. Thanks.
            Most of the other roms had it in the Bar.
            Well now i feel Stupid!! I checked that program out last night and played with it. I guess my brains were up my ass for a bit!!
            Last edited by canuckfan59; 08-30-2014, 17:26. Reason: update

Comment

I will have to check that out. I'm not sure i know what the Reboot app is. Thanks.
              Most of the other roms had it in the Bar.
              Well now i feel Stupid!! I checked that program out last night and played with it. I guess my brains were up my ass for a bit!!
              I know they ( the dev's ) can customize the system and navigation bars to include various elements... but I'd venture a guess that they can't define a precise set of instructions for those actions such as the shutdown found on the nav bar.

If I'm correct, using the shutdown command on the nav bar could result in a "dirty shutdown" where running apps and/or services don't close properly. By using a third party app such as the Reboot app... that can be altered to ensure other apps/services are closed properly, they avoid having a dirty shutdown.

For now... since I'm not a dev, just consider that as speculation but it is based on info that I do know is correct for other devices/roms such as the Imito QX1 which just boot loops if the WiFi service isn't closed on shutdown/reboot

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                I know they ( the dev's ) can customize the system and navigation bars to include various elements... but I'd venture a guess that they can't define a precise set of instructions for those actions such as the shutdown found on the nav bar.

If I'm correct, using the shutdown command on the nav bar could result in a "dirty shutdown" where running apps and/or services don't close properly. By using a third party app such as the Reboot app... that can be altered to ensure other apps/services are closed properly, they avoid having a dirty shutdown.

For now... since I'm not a dev, just consider that as speculation but it is based on info that I do know is correct for other devices/roms such as the Imito QX1 which just boot loops if the WiFi service isn't closed on shutdown/reboot
                Well the reboot app does exactly what i want. This is really the first Rom i have used in about 8 months that XBMC has been so good. No lags, choppy videos or shutdowns. I'm a happy Puppy

Comment

Well the reboot app does exactly what i want. This is really the first Rom i have used in about 8 months that XBMC has been so good. No lags, choppy videos or shutdowns. I'm a happy Puppy
                  There have been a few updates to the XBMCz since this ROM was released and are recommended... but having said that, I prefer SPMC over that and it's now even available on the Play Store

Comment

xbmc 1080/720p issues

I'm using this rom since it first came out with no issues whatsoever..I noticed recently kids complaining when watching 1080 or 720 movies in xbmc, it suddenly stops and reboots to the xbmc page..I also tried it myself and reboots also to the main xbmc page..I really don't know the reason for this ..If you have any ideas pls share. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Van Zeppelin View Post
                      I'm using this rom since it first came out with no issues whatsoever..I noticed recently kids complaining when watching 1080 or 720 movies in xbmc, it suddenly stops and reboots to the xbmc page..I also tried it myself and reboots also to the main xbmc page..I really don't know the reason for this ..If you have any ideas pls share. Thanks!

Not a QS3.1 problem I think. Clear the cache (not data) for xbmc and all should be good. Well at least that's what fixed the problem for me.
                      Stay Classy

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheel View Post
                        Not a QS3.1 problem I think. Clear the cache (not data) for xbmc and all should be good. Well at least that's what fixed the problem for me.
                        Stay Classy
                        Thanks..will try this today, i hope it solves the problem.

Comment

Thanks..will try this today, i hope it solves the problem.
                          still no joy

Comment

What XBMC are you using ?

Are you using an OC kernel ? Witch one ?

Can you reproduce this issue often ? If yes, can you grab a logcat and/or XBMC debug log ?

Tapatalked
                            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                            then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                            $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                              What XBMC are you using ?

Are you using an OC kernel ? Witch one ?

Can you reproduce this issue often ? If yes, can you grab a logcat and/or XBMC debug log ?

Tapatalked
                              I'm using the nitroteam xbmc version that comes with the rom( xbmc 13.1 beta2)
                              1080p with cpu1704-ddr800-gpu720
                              I'm sorry i don't know how to in your 3rd question..I'm no tech savy.
                              Hope you can help me..thanks.

Comment

Logcat - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238

XBMC log - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Advanced

If you can reproduce the issue easily the logcat will be useful if used when the crash occurs, else is not useful.

Did you always had this high OC kernel ?
                                Have you try to check if this also happens with a slower kernel ?
                                Do you have a good PSU ?

Tapatalked
                                if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                                then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                                $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Working...
                                X