No announcement yet.

[ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gawd! I came from QS v2 on my x7. After finally solving my driver problems with the Minix, I installed QS v3.1... and wow... my machine feels like new! It's super stable and super fast! So now I decided to not buy the x8 anymore. Haha!

No overclocks gives me 24,000 on Antutu. With overclocks, it went to 25,000. I remember only getting around 20,000 on QS v2. Weird... it's like I have a new system altogether.

Good job, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
      Logcat - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238

XBMC log - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Advanced

If you can reproduce the issue easily the logcat will be useful if used when the crash occurs, else is not useful.

Did you always had this high OC kernel ?
      Have you try to check if this also happens with a slower kernel ?
      Do you have a good PSU ?

Tapatalked
      still sorting the xbmc log if its ready i'll post the link..
      I think this kernel was suggested on this forum to be stable..what would be your ideal kernel to try?
      I will try lowering the values hope it will work. thanks abdul_pt.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Zeppelin View Post
        still sorting the xbmc log if its ready i'll post the link..
        I think this kernel was suggested on this forum to be stable..what would be your ideal kernel to try?
        I will try lowering the values hope it will work. thanks abdul_pt.
        Just because that kernel setting may have been reported by one user as working on their device doesn't mean it will on every device... they ( the CPUs and Memory etc ) all differ slightly so the only way to know is to test.

Start with the default kernel ( mentioned in the first posts of this thread somewhere ) and see if that stablizes the issue... I'd find it for you but I'm at work

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
          Just because that kernel setting may have been reported by one user as working on their device doesn't mean it will on every device... they ( the CPUs and Memory etc ) all differ slightly so the only way to know is to test.

Start with the default kernel ( mentioned in the first posts of this thread somewhere ) and see if that stablizes the issue... I'd find it for you but I'm at work
          It WORKS now! I tried changing the kernel starting from default all the way up as you've suggested..I tested videos with 1080/720p resolution in between the values also..and I think its stable now @ 1608/600/600..its over an hour now playing with no crash,reboots..etc. But the weird thing is, I'd been using those higher kernel values for months without any problems until last friday when it started crashing.

Anyway, for curiosity sake I tried SPMC @ first it loads/installs no problem but when I launch it all I see is BLACK screen on TV. I turn it off relaunch SPMC again still thesame..no luck for me on SPMC..maybe there is a way to make it work..let me know..thanks!

BIG Thanks to abdul_pt, rdsok and the rest for a quick reply to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
            From 4.2 to 4.4 a lot of things chaged in the video section, some apks works better, some of them not
            I suggest you if you want to stay in KitKat try xbmc, smpc versions have the best result for me in rockchip and 4.4
            I don't like XBMC for my movie viewing. My solution was to go back to XMC FW, deleted all the apps I will never used that are installed by default, installed a nice launcher and I am a happy camper once again.

Once I know Archos works fine in KitKat, I will try again.

Thanks!

Comment

I have been using the QS 3 FW for about 2 weeks : a review

So I was hold up on Stock FW 007b with minix XBMC beta1 for about 7 months. Because it was pretty stable and I wanted to give the community time to sort it all out. (And also because I was too busy to keep trying ROMs - I wasted a lot of time from last Sept until late Dec 2013 doing that ).

But there were still nagging problems and some occasional random reboots. Whenever this happened my wife would shake here head and wonder aloud why we didn't just go back to our old windows based HTPC.

So a couple weeks ago it looked like everything had settled out for a while and I had some time so I just chose a ROM at random to try. QS3 was the choice.

after 2 weeks I can honestly say:

THE GOOD:

I love, love, love this little box. It's like a new toy all over again. It's very very very stable and plays everything just perfectly and smooth - all through XBMC from my NAS box on the other side of the house. Just can't say enough about how pleased I am with it now.

THE BAD:

Honestly, It's hard to even post this because I have been so happy with this ROM on this box - but here it goes. The XBMC version that comes installed has a couple problems (one minor - one major). The minor problem was well known before I installed this ROM - it fails to start on the first try (and sometimes 2nd and 3rd tries). But after that runs perfectly. I would also note that this happens on other XBMC versions as well not just the one that comes installed. The major problem started about a week after I started using it. I noticed that it had scanned one of my TV series incorrectly and went to open the context menu to go into the series information dialog and refresh the info. when I choose the tv series information option from the pop-up menu - nothing happens. I can't go and change this. I tried doing a few things like cleaning the video library and rescanning the content for changes - but I can't go into any tv series that is already identified again. It's weird. At any rate, I was never able to resolve this issue (even trying to drop all the info and rebuilding netted the same result). So I decided to just download the latest stable version from the XBMC page. This version so far is running perfectly (aside from the not starting the first time thing ).

To sum up... THANK-YOU to the team that created this ROM I am a happy camper and now consider this box to be about the best one out there

RBCano

Comment

RBCano

Glad it's working for you... but just to point out something...

The XBMCz that is included with the Rom IS NOT the ROM. It was simply an included application that at that time was one of the better versions of XBMC for KitKat Roms in general. One of the first things that is recommended with any Rom is to update the included apps such as XBMCz to help address any issues that may have been found since the release of the Rom itself.

Of the various Gotham builds of XBMC, I believe the most stable at this time is actually SPMC. The nice part of SPMC now is that it's available on the Play Store so keeping it updated will be much easier.

The various forks and versions of XBMC ( including SPMC ) don't share resources so you can have several installed while you check them out. The downside ( and upside actually also ) is that you'll have to set it up like you did with the XBMC you are now using.

Comment

Agree with rdsoc, for me the most stable version for rockchip devices is spmc by koying. And it can be downloaded from Google play.
                  REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                  My devices:
                  Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                  MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                  Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                  Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                  Gearbest.com)
                  MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                  Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Thanks for the tip

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                    RBCano

Glad it's working for you... but just to point out something...

The XBMCz that is included with the Rom IS NOT the ROM. It was simply an included application that at that time was one of the better versions of XBMC for KitKat Roms in general. One of the first things that is recommended with any Rom is to update the included apps such as XBMCz to help address any issues that may have been found since the release of the Rom itself.

Of the various Gotham builds of XBMC, I believe the most stable at this time is actually SPMC. The nice part of SPMC now is that it's available on the Play Store so keeping it updated will be much easier.

The various forks and versions of XBMC ( including SPMC ) don't share resources so you can have several installed while you check them out. The downside ( and upside actually also ) is that you'll have to set it up like you did with the XBMC you are now using.
                    I understand that the XBMCz app in the ROM is not the ROM... I didn't think I was implying that. I downloaded (sideloaded actually) the latest stable release from XBMC Gotham from XBMC.org and it is working great. I had tried SPMC before late last year and it was problematic then. But if everyone here is in agreement that it is much better I will give it a whirl.

Again thanks for all the hard work! It has really made this little box a great purchase! You guys rock!

RBCano

Comment

One of the issues that makes it tough to compare older versions of XMBC ( any fork including SPMC ) has to do with compatibility issues seen across different versions of Android.

The Frodo versions ( ie 12.x ) were only able to be hardware accelerated on Jellybean versions of Android, once KitKat came out... they worked but only using software acceleration. SPMC on a Jellybean version worked well IMO. Of course now SPMC is using Gotham versions ( 13.x ) and have come a long way and have improved over the stock releases of XBMC considerably.

My brief checking out of the Helix versions ( 14.x currently in alpha only right now ) are even more promising but do have issues here and there... mostly what I saw were add-on issues

Comment

Guys, thanks for the rom. It's brilliant apart from a few apps I just cant seem to get working on any version of Kitkat for the X7 including Wasser's ROM.
                        Hulu Plus for some reason gives a black screen when launching a tv show, can hear the sound though. Oddly works perfectly on my old MK809II RK3066 with Kitkat or even on any old 4.2.2 based android rom for the X7.

4OD and Demand 5 available on the UK play store have never worked on any TV stick/roms I have ever owned although both work perfectly on my rooted samsung galaxy s3 phone.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, N

Comment

Re: [ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Originally posted by himmon View Post
                          Guys, thanks for the rom. It's brilliant apart from a few apps I just cant seem to get working on any version of Kitkat for the X7 including Wasser's ROM.
                          Hulu Plus for some reason gives a black screen when launching a tv show, can hear the sound though. Oddly works perfectly on my old MK809II RK3066 with Kitkat or even on any old 4.2.2 based android rom for the X7.

4OD and Demand 5 available on the UK play store have never worked on any TV stick/roms I have ever owned although both work perfectly on my rooted samsung galaxy s3 phone.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, N
                          I think this is drm / root detection related. Have you tried Hardwareguru's rom? Maybe you will have some luck with it while we work on this
                          There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Can not find MTP driver that works on windows xp.

Comment

Odp: [ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Originally posted by vovkoon View Post
                              Can not find MTP driver that works on windows xp.
                              You shoud try disable debugging usb first.

Comment

Hulu +

I have found that there are issues with Hulu+. First off it will not work if you are rooted. Second even if you are not rooted I have only been able to get older versions (like over a year ago) to work properly. ( I want to say it was the 2.6 HD version if memory serves ?? )

Comment

Working...
                                X