No announcement yet.

Arnova 7bG2 Capacitive Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 BETA 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some news.. I played a little with apktool, decoded/rebuilt framework-res.apk and systemui.apk successfully.

First I tried to edit arrays.xml to remove the 2 annoying icons from the status bar, but apparently removing items from the config makes the app fail at startup. So in the end I just replaced the png files with transparent images. Not too nice solution, and now there is a 2 icon wide gap, but at least the icons are gone..

Comment

Originally posted by beta View Post
      Got some news.. I played a little with apktool, decoded/rebuilt framework-res.apk and systemui.apk successfully.

First I tried to edit arrays.xml to remove the 2 annoying icons from the status bar, but apparently removing items from the config makes the app fail at startup. So in the end I just replaced the png files with transparent images. Not too nice solution, and now there is a 2 icon wide gap, but at least the icons are gone..
      Great work the Ethernet one can be switched off as long as you keep mobile networks enabled but the mobile signal one is always one so great idea to make them transparent!

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
        Great work the Ethernet one can be switched off as long as you keep mobile networks enabled but the mobile signal one is always one so great idea to make them transparent!

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
        Well yes, the ethernet icon could be disabled, but since it doesnt stay disabled after a reboot, I decided to make it transparent too.

Comment

Well...

played around with this for weeks already and seems no more issues with this rom bob other than the ethernet keeps on coming back.well that doesnt matter anyway..i think its ready for a prime time..

hellfoot

Comment

Originally posted by hellfoot View Post
            Well...

played around with this for weeks already and seems no more issues with this rom bob other than the ethernet keeps on coming back.well that doesnt matter anyway..i think its ready for a prime time..

hellfoot
            I didn't find any problem either. Also, I don't have the bothering ethernet icon. I don't know and remember how it went away.

Comment

Do you guys have the google search button and mic icon in the upper left corner of the home screen? When I tap the mic icon android.process.acore dies immediately.

Comment

You have to use APP Injector and inject google search and the stock browser for that to work.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Beta 3 wifi

Hi everyone,

Finless, thanks for making this rom. I've been enjoying it very much. The only (quite big) problem I have is that I can't go on the internet. The wifi connects perfectly but still, no internet, google play store or anything web like is possible for me. Can anyone help? I'm guessing wifi works the same anywhere one the planet...

Comment

You are having a problems no one else is having!

I am going to tell you guys one thing. "lucky patcher" will jack up your system! USE IT and don't call me for problems. In fact this app sends personal information to thier server! I have monitored it's traffic. It also breaks root, eats all memory space, etc!

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

wifi problem

Euhm ok, so i'm just going to try and flash the tablet again...Don't know what else to try, if it works I'll let you know. And thanks for the heads up on the patcher thing.

Comment

Originally posted by avdb View Post
                        Euhm ok, so i'm just going to try and flash the tablet again...Don't know what else to try, if it works I'll let you know. And thanks for the heads up on the patcher thing.
                        First try the stock ROM and check if you have the same problem or not.

Comment

Fixed!

For some reason or other, the second time I flashed the rom everything worked perfectly. So thanks again Finless Bob, you rock

Comment

Ok apparently neither the capacitive or resitive rom is working for me, i did everything you suggested but the screen just wont work, it loads up and is even spotty with the resistive, please help

Sent from my AN10BG2DT using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by bozo2010 View Post
                              Ok apparently neither the capacitive or resitive rom is working for me, i did everything you suggested but the screen just wont work, it loads up and is even spotty with the resistive, please help

You should reboot your tablet after a few minutes after the first set-up.

Sent from my Arnova 7b G2 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I did reboot it a few times, could it being dual touch mean anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X