Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Originally posted by kandilak View Post
    To do a factory reset , you have to delete the 6GB partition and recreate one EXT4 partition with the same size (6GB). I just test it with minitool partition wizard.
    Thanks

Comment

Pipo Max M9 Clone?

Sorry if this may not be the right forum for my problem... I bought a Pipo Max M9, bricked, with the hope of reviving it through the various procedures posted here. I tried everything - short pins (it's a two NAND 16 GB version, or so the box says), button combinations, but the device is always in MASKROM mode and deleting NAND or flashing it will always be a fail. As I investigate the board, I noticed something strange - and fishy. The board has a label RK3006, with the SOC heatsink/shield having a sticker RK3006. I tried opening that heatsink - lo and behold, its CPU is a RK3066! So I tried flashing an RK3066 ROM (The M3 RileyRom), and the flashing is without a hitch, but the tablet is erratic (no display, pressing power button twice will briefly show the android lock screen). I tried installing an original M3 ROM from Pipo, the screen orientation is inverted and touchscreen is not working (well it works on unlocking the tablet but you have to press it firmly, after which the launcher is not responsive to touch). Also the M3 model has volume buttons, so pressing the ESC button will activate the Volume Up function. So I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

It sounds like you've been scammed. Can you check the LCD screen type on your device? If it's the right one for Max M9, I might be interested in purchasing it from you ;-)

Jussi

Originally posted by ed_ivann View Post
        Sorry if this may not be the right forum for my problem... I bought a Pipo Max M9, bricked, with the hope of reviving it through the various procedures posted here. I tried everything - short pins (it's a two NAND 16 GB version, or so the box says), button combinations, but the device is always in MASKROM mode and deleting NAND or flashing it will always be a fail. As I investigate the board, I noticed something strange - and fishy. The board has a label RK3006, with the SOC heatsink/shield having a sticker RK3006. I tried opening that heatsink - lo and behold, its CPU is a RK3066! So I tried flashing an RK3066 ROM (The M3 RileyRom), and the flashing is without a hitch, but the tablet is erratic (no display, pressing power button twice will briefly show the android lock screen). I tried installing an original M3 ROM from Pipo, the screen orientation is inverted and touchscreen is not working (well it works on unlocking the tablet but you have to press it firmly, after which the launcher is not responsive to touch). Also the M3 model has volume buttons, so pressing the ESC button will activate the Volume Up function. So I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

I have the same problem, with same conditions lol.
          Except that I didn´t checked the processor yet.

I'll give it a look, if i can´t find a solution we can talk about the scree, mine it is definitly the one for M9.
          Case you dont get to terms with ed_ivann.

Comment

Originally posted by ed_ivann View Post

Thanks for any help.
            Originally posted by brunom80 View Post
            I have the same problem, with same conditions lol.
            Except that I didn´t checked the processor yet.

I'll give it a look, if i can´t find a solution we can talk about the scree, mine it is definitly the one for M9.
            Case you dont get to terms with ed_ivann.

Comment

Just in case of... ^^
              Thanks for the help kandilak.

Comment

rom sources/manifests/configs

Hello!
                I wanted to ask you if there's a public repo of your work somewhere? Github or similar? I need a working kernel config/source for m9max.

I asked few people who compiled their kernels but got no useful answer. I come here from xda where everyone shares everything (or at least that's the dominant 'policy'), but here I see exactly the opposite... is there a reason for this?

If it's the problem of 'copyrights' I can promise you I won't ever publish anything based on what you give me - I don't intend to take away any of your achievements - I have no need for fame or glory. But I do need to recompile/improve the kernel, because the stock one is a crap :/

I've found many rk3188 repos on gh, but they are usually for tv sticks or seem abandoned and I don't want to risk running "something" when others already have working, tested builds.

Comment

OK, here is the files to make your bootable microSD with Riley Rom 2.6.4 and video guide on how to do it.
                  The parameter file configuration is for 6GB internal memory.
                  This is a clone image of a 8GB microSD with RR2.6.4. You can use any 16 or 32GB microSD and maybe some 8GB cards. I use Mini tool partition wizard to resize the fat32 partition to fill up the unallocated space remaining on 16 or 32 GB card.
                  For better perfomance use a fast 10 class or better microSD.

Download

Video guide

Close your PiPo M9, put your bootable microSD in TF card slot and push the power buttton.

Credits:
                  linuxium for this
                  SergioPoverony for his RK3xxx firmware tool
                  rrileypm for his 2.6.4 Rom
                  Hi there First of all, thank you to Riley for all your hard work, and thank you to Kandilak for your work in creating a bootable SD version of this excellent ROM.
                  I have this bootable ROM up and running on my Pipo Max M9 using a 16GB Micro SD card, following all your instructions. It seems to work fine, except that I was unable to successfully restore an O-Nandroid backup to it - it only worked partially, but I was able to restore several apps...
                  What I would like to know is whether it would be possible to make an O-Nandroid backup of the entire SD bootable ROM with the changes I have now made, then remove the Micro SD card and restore the backup from CWM or TWRP recovery to the internal ROM (then presumably perform a more complete restore of the original backup I made to the new KitKat ROM)?
                  When I tried to perform the O-Nandroid backup, the app I used - Online Nandroid Backup - could not find the boot partition, nor the recovery partition. I presume that is because these are in different folders on the ROM, or is this simply not possible? Or are these partitions acting like virtual partitions of some kind?

Failing that, is there any other way of copying this bootable ROM to the internal ROM? I understand that the recommended flashing method is via the PC flashing software, but there are times - such as now, when this is not practical. Forgive me for sounding like a noob.

If I understand this correctly, the bootable Riley ROM works much like an OS running from an external USB drive, so it does not actually interface with the internal ROM at all - is that correct? Or perhaps another way to think about it is like running a VM installation inside Android OS?

Perhaps someone could provide a full explanation of what is actually happening and how all this works please?
                  I can see how this would provide a great testing platform, it's like having a removable VM with no lag that can be booted pretty much just like the real OS on the internal ROM, although it seems to me to boot faster!
                  Thanks for your help.
                  David

Comment

Originally posted by DSCB57 View Post
                    Hi there First of all, thank you to Riley for all your hard work, and thank you to Kandilak for your work in creating a bootable SD version of this excellent ROM.
                    I have this bootable ROM up and running on my Pipo Max M9 using a 16GB Micro SD card, following all your instructions. It seems to work fine, except that I was unable to successfully restore an O-Nandroid backup to it - it only worked partially, but I was able to restore several apps...
                    What I would like to know is whether it would be possible to make an O-Nandroid backup of the entire SD bootable ROM with the changes I have now made, then remove the Micro SD card and restore the backup from CWM or TWRP recovery to the internal ROM (then presumably perform a more complete restore of the original backup I made to the new KitKat ROM)?
                    When I tried to perform the O-Nandroid backup, the app I used - Online Nandroid Backup - could not find the boot partition, nor the recovery partition. I presume that is because these are in different folders on the ROM, or is this simply not possible? Or are these partitions acting like virtual partitions of some kind?

Failing that, is there any other way of copying this bootable ROM to the internal ROM? I understand that the recommended flashing method is via the PC flashing software, but there are times - such as now, when this is not practical. Forgive me for sounding like a noob.

If I understand this correctly, the bootable Riley ROM works much like an OS running from an external USB drive, so it does not actually interface with the internal ROM at all - is that correct? Or perhaps another way to think about it is like running a VM installation inside Android OS?

Perhaps someone could provide a full explanation of what is actually happening and how all this works please?
                    I can see how this would provide a great testing platform, it's like having a removable VM with no lag that can be booted pretty much just like the real OS on the internal ROM, although it seems to me to boot faster!
                    Thanks for your help.
                    David
                    Maybe with a modded version of CWM or TWRP you can get this to work but this is away of my knowledge.

Comment

Thanks Kandilak, I am out of my depth too, but perhaps someone else might be more clued up on this - and I hope I have succeeded in piquing someone's interest

David

Comment

I'm pretty inexperienced in booting from external SD...but the concept presents some huge possibilities!!!!!!

Great work!!!!!!
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Maybe with a modded version of CWM or TWRP you can get this to work but this is away of my knowledge.
                          Is there anyone out there doing such mods?

Comment

Incidentally, I have flashed your ROM to my internal ROM and found that it is just as quick to load up as the bootable SD version - bravo! It seems really stable, and as far as I can see everything is working as it should. It is really light years away from the horrible 4.2.2 experience with the ROM Pipo preinstalled in my M9 when they returned it after a repair a few months ago. I had more or less stopped using the tablet because it lagged so badly! So thank you Randy - great work

Comment

I'm glad to hear your tablet works great with this ROM.

There is further development going on for the M9 Max in this thread:

Our developer D33 started this thread...but had to stop his work, but Dnkn and some others are still working on at least one more ROM for this tablet from Pipo sources.
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

Does Kandilaks Bootable SD KK work on all M9 Max Versions?

Hello,

does Kandilaks bootable SD KK work on all M9 Max Versions?

And if not, can I test with Kandilaks KK if I have a 1 or 2 Nand chip without bricking my Pipo?

BTW: A few months ago Riley announced that sources for Pipo M9 Max were on the way to him. Did they ever arrive and will it be possible to repair the bootloader of 1 NAND chips so that our KK works faster?

Comment

Working...
                                X