No announcement yet.

Finless 1.0 ROM for the Minix X8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else have problems on the recovery screen and the scroll bar decides to scroll on its own for 1 or 2 minutes? I have to sit there waiting for it to stop before I can even try to move it again, using the air controller. Its incredibly annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by TC93 View Post
      Anyone else have problems on the recovery screen and the scroll bar decides to scroll on its own for 1 or 2 minutes? I have to sit there waiting for it to stop before I can even try to move it again, using the air controller. Its incredibly annoying.
      It is VERY sensitive. I had to hold the mouse super still and nudge it ever so slightly to navigate the menu

Comment

Originally posted by TC93 View Post
        turn off your air mouse. Even normal cable optic mouse is very sensitive

Comment

hey Bob,
          would it be possible to change the thermal settings to set it where the cpu will not throttle down to 1200 at 70degC (im actually not sure what temp it throttles at) and instead start to throttle if the temp's bit higher. maybe at 75+degC?
          i understand that this is making the cpu run hotter before lowering itself to a lower speed but my box runs at 74 max. and is usually at 60-71 degC so its not hot at all but if i had a little extra degrees to play with, that'd be cool. i hope this makes sense and if this is impossible, please dont mind my ignorance. have a good rest of yer weekend bob

☆sent from a finless bob rom powered MINIX X8h android tvbox w/tapatalk☆

Comment

my request above isnt important at all anymore. though it may still be of some interest.. Im guessing it isn't anywhere near priority.. Or its too hard to implement some intellithermal settings on this kernel. Nbd
            ive since updated to HWG latest beta002 and bobs tweaks" and with everything set up, im running @ 48degC - 60 max so its quite an improvment! i must have had some cores maxing out when on finless 1.0 after messing around with cpu tuners. speed has increased too so there could have been only two cores running. i know i saw this once and i cleared the cache of old trickster mod files etc and it came back online to 4.

Update: I guess this is better left alone since its jumping all over the place now. I now have core 1 and core 3 on and core 0 and 2 off again. (Before it was 0and 1 on and 2and 3 off) And I keep getting random reboots every 15 min. Gonna try stock again. Maybe this is just happening to me since I mixed hwg's stock Rom and finless tweaks. IdK. Gonna clear out init d stuff etc. Fresh flash again I guess
            BTW antutu score of 20000 max. Before I had got 30000.
            Update 2. I flashed the CPU fix for finless Rom over this stock beta 002a and all cores are back online and my temp never goes over 60 deg c. Box is flying!

☆sent from a finless bob rom powered MINIX X8h android tvbox w/tapatalk☆
            Last edited by cuezaireekaa; 06-23-2014, 01:13.

Comment

I think I found a slight issue with SuperSU. The version that comes with the rom is v1.94. I went to open SuperSU today to check the logs and got a spinning circle forever. Rebooted, same thing. Then I noticed Google Play auto updated it to v2.00. I uninstalled the update and reverted back to v1.94. It worked fine again. But, later I noticed that it would not open again! Google Play updated it *again*...argh. I turned off auto update for SuperSU for now, and sticking with the stock pre-included v1.94.

Any idea v2.00 would give such an issue?

Also, can anyone run Antutu benchmark without a hard lockup?

Edit: Nevermind. I reinstalled and now the issue with SuperSU is not occuring. I hate inconsistencies I installed an alternate CPU fixer and will try Antutu again tomorrow. I have a feeling the stock CPU settings are futzing with it. All I can say is that with the 1296 fix this thing screams
              Last edited by zektor; 06-23-2014, 07:00.

Comment

Re: NEW - Finless 1.0 ROM for the Minix X8

Originally posted by zektor View Post
                I think I found a slight issue with SuperSU. The version that comes with the rom is v1.94. I went to open SuperSU today to check the logs and got a spinning circle forever. Rebooted, same thing. Then I noticed Google Play auto updated it to v2.00. I uninstalled the update and reverted back to v1.94. It worked fine again. But, later I noticed that it would not open again! Google Play updated it *again*...argh. I turned off auto update for SuperSU for now, and sticking with the stock pre-included v1.94.

Any idea v2.00 would give such an issue?

Also, can anyone run Antutu benchmark without a hard lockup?

Edit: Nevermind. I reinstalled and now the issue with SuperSU is not occuring. I hate inconsistencies I installed an alternate CPU fixer and will try Antutu again tomorrow. I have a feeling the stock CPU settings are futzing with it. All I can say is that with the 1296 fix this thing screams
                Are you saying that the stock beta MINIX ROM is giving stable temperatures using the CPU fix? Using HWGs beta ROM and the CPU fix my CPU idle temps were 65-70 idle causing throttling. I'll flash the stock ROM later today and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  At s89 with 192 min and max 1992 I get relative good results...
                  The max 1992 doesn't matter because it will only be accessible for short times because the cpu "management" at rising temperatures reduce the possible max freq...
                  But with min > 192 you will reach immediately temperatures that will reduce the max freq, so it is really useless!
                  But you can fix that behaviour easily with a heatsink+fan, righ? Then the max 1992 will work without problems.

Comment

Stupid question.... This will work with x8h? Tried looking and did not find a clear answer.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gagan View Post
                      Stupid question.... This will work with x8h? Tried looking and did not find a clear answer.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
                      sure will

☆sent from a tweaked(Rom) n murdered(theme) note3 w/tapatalk☆

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                        Are you saying that the stock beta MINIX ROM is giving stable temperatures using the CPU fix? Using HWGs beta ROM and the CPU fix my CPU idle temps were 65-70 idle causing throttling. I'll flash the stock ROM later today and try again.

No, Finless v1.0 is working fine with the CPU fix...not sure about the stock rom. It still did not fix the Antutu issue (which we now know is an issue as you can reproduce it as well, thanks!) but it did fix the laggy home screen movement, and seriously increased my performance in Mame. It feels much smoother with the CPU fix.

Comment

No, Finless v1.0 is working fine with the CPU fix...not sure about the stock rom. It still did not fix the Antutu issue (which we now know is an issue as you can reproduce it as well, thanks!) but it did fix the laggy home screen movement, and seriously increased my performance in Mame. It feels much smoother with the CPU fix.
                          Just the stock CPU fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                            Just the stock CPU fix?

No, in his device ID patchers zip, there are four to choose from. One is stock, and the other three determine the governor state and the minimum/maximum core clock. Maximum is 2.0ghz on all of them (so they are not overclocking) and minimum varies depending on the fix used. I used the 1296 fix, which more or less does not allow the cores to fall below 1.2ghz. So the power is always there. This is how it should be done on a set top box that does not worry about battery life

Comment

Do we reckon MINIX will incorporate these tweaks by Bob in their next ROM release- I know the gamepads are being included.

Comment

No, in his device ID patchers zip, there are four to choose from. One is stock, and the other three determine the governor state and the minimum/maximum core clock. Maximum is 2.0ghz on all of them (so they are not overclocking) and minimum varies depending on the fix used. I used the 1296 fix, which more or less does not allow the cores to fall below 1.2ghz. So the power is always there. This is how it should be done on a set top box that does not worry about battery life
                                Yes, I've used the 1200 fix also but the temperature on my box rises at idle to around 65-70deg C using this fix (I think the throttle limit is 65deg c can anyone confirm?) This temperature causes the CPU speed to throttle and reduces the max speed to reduce the temperature. Does the temp on your box not rise quite high?

Comment

Working...
                                X