X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW - Finless 1.0 ROM for the Minix X8

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    Stock or with CPU fix?
    when yours is idle, go into settings/apps/ running services and see if 'Media" is running (thats the media scanner checking storage...
    when this is running at bootup, i idle around 58c - 60c also, but as soon as it stops, or i kill it.. im back at 50c idle.
    i left xbmc running all night while i fell asleep and woke to another 1080p movie playing and i was showing max of 68c. but things are still running smooth and box has no heat..so i dont have a problem with these temps. granted @ 68c, i was probably throttled down to 1600mhz but nbd. maybe someday ill put some thermal paste under my heatsink.. maybe.. if performance becomes an issue

Sent from my NEO-X8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Before this gets buried...back to the NTFS dilemma

Since it does not look like I am finding a way of stopping android from auto mounting, the next solution is to add NTFS/Exfat r/w support to the kernel. Big request for the next version (or maybe a patch for this version?). This should be absolutely possible as it was done in the Quickshot 3.1 rom in KitKat. I am willing to help in any way I could, and could test various NTFS and exFAT formatted devices.

Comment

Re: NEW - Finless 1.0 ROM for the Minix X8

Originally posted by zektor View Post
        Before this gets buried...back to the NTFS dilemma

Since it does not look like I am finding a way of stopping android from auto mounting, the next solution is to add NTFS/Exfat r/w support to the kernel. Big request for the next version (or maybe a patch for this version?). This should be absolutely possible as it was done in the Quickshot 3.1 rom in KitKat. I am willing to help in any way I could, and could test various NTFS and exFAT formatted devices.
        apologies if this is not what you need but once before, i tried to save a file (through torrents) onto my 2tb external hd. and it wouldnt allow me to save anything in there. so i installed the xposed module called KitKat SD card Full Access. and now i can save files to my external hd. please disregard if im taliking about something different.

Comment

Originally posted by cuezaireekaa View Post
          apologies if this is not what you need but once before, i tried to save a file (through torrents) onto my 2tb external hd. and it wouldnt allow me to save anything in there. so i installed the xposed module called KitKat SD card Full Access. and now i can save files to my external hd. please disregard if im taliking about something different.

No, this is diffferent, but that tip is quite useful regardless. I was wondering why I could only torrent to internal storage. Thanks!

Comment

Minix just posted that beta 3 will be released today. Hope Bob can work his magik on it

Comment

does this rom supports NTFS drives? Thanks
              Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
              Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
              Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
              Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
              Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

I couldn't get it to work on this rom. Apparently the new beta3 does. They're uploading at the moment on Minix forum.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pablo11 View Post
                  I couldn't get it to work on this rom. Apparently the new beta3 does. They're uploading at the moment on Minix forum.

Can you unpack the file? I get some error messages and can't do it. And they banned me from forum so i can't ask them if file is broken.

At Minix we strive for exceptional detail and unparalleled quality in products and materials, standing firmly behind the enduring, premium quality of our products. Our products aspire for more through quality design that is built to last, and small but thoughtful details that make the biggest difference.

Edit: Working now, think i downloaded it to early.
                  Last edited by Trhuster; 06-28-2014, 13:33.

Comment

I'd actually like Ext3 support. I have this one external hard drive that's a pain in my ass.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same problem. My favorite slide show program does not find the images on the SDcard in that location (/storage/external_storage/sdcard1).

Is there a way to at least change this location to something most programs will find? I don't even want to stop automounting.. just change the location so the program finds the sdcard.

Originally posted by zektor View Post
                      I am trying to avoid using a mounter such as this or stickmount because they do not work right due to the fact that android auto mounts the drive as well.

For example, if stickmount is used it will mount to /sdcard/USBstorage/SDA1, while android is mounting the same drive to /storage/external_storage/SDA1. Becuase of this dual mounting, weird crap happens. I had issues with the drive being read only when dual mounted and other weird issues.

Furthermore, where the drive is being mounted now (/storage/external_storage/SDA1) is a horrible mount point. Many apps reject it....one being Poweramp which is one of my favorite players which i now cannot use. PlayerPro sees that location and works thankfully, but this mount location needs to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike123x View Post
                        I have the same problem. My favorite slide show program does not find the images on the SDcard in that location (/storage/external_storage/sdcard1).

Is there a way to at least change this location to something most programs will find? I don't even want to stop automounting.. just change the location so the program finds the sdcard.
                        This is where Google is going with KitKat. Apps need to get updated in the end.
                        Changing it back to what it use to be in Jelly Bean or Gingerbread will just break other stuff and newer APPs.

Unfortunately this is not a Minix thing but a Google thing.

Google has been messing with external SDcard location every major release trying to get it right and settle on it.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by pablo11 View Post

tried that beta 3 , NTFS drive is not working and mouse movement is very laggy

Comment

Originally posted by killeriq View Post
                            tried that beta 3 , NTFS drive is not working and mouse movement is very laggy
                            I have not tested NTFS write myself yet but I am not seeing mouse lag

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              I have not tested NTFS write myself yet but I am not seeing mouse lag

Bob

NTFS just wont show the drive, it turns to standby (ext. HD) after short while
                              BTW is there any way how to use 3-4TB HDD via USB on android?

Air Mouse is RKM MK 702 II - on X7 is just fine.

Will try your patch if there will be any difference

Comment

I just hooked up a external HD formatted NTFS.
                                I was able to write to it NO PROBLEM.

Note: It would not see the drive when hooked to a USB HUB. I had to hook it directly to a USB port on the X8.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X