No announcement yet.

Finless 1.0 ROM for the Minix X8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to avoid using a mounter such as this or stickmount because they do not work right due to the fact that android auto mounts the drive as well.

For example, if stickmount is used it will mount to /sdcard/USBstorage/SDA1, while android is mounting the same drive to /storage/external_storage/SDA1. Becuase of this dual mounting, weird crap happens. I had issues with the drive being read only when dual mounted and other weird issues.

Furthermore, where the drive is being mounted now (/storage/external_storage/SDA1) is a horrible mount point. Many apps reject it....one being Poweramp which is one of my favorite players which i now cannot use. PlayerPro sees that location and works thankfully, but this mount location needs to be fixed.

Ultimately it would be great if either:

1. The mount point for USB storage was moved to /mnt/usb and NTFS and exFAT support were introduced, OR

2. There existed an easy method of completely disabling Android's defualt USB mounting so that I can use something like Stickmount without the issue of multiple mount points for one hard drive.

I beg that someone fixes this someday soon

Comment

Re: NEW - Finless 1.0 ROM for the Minix X8

Originally posted by zektor View Post
      I am trying to avoid using a mounter such as this or stickmount because they do not work right due to the fact that android auto mounts the drive as well.

For example, if stickmount is used it will mount to /sdcard/USBstorage/SDA1, while android is mounting the same drive to /storage/external_storage/SDA1. Becuase of this dual mounting, weird crap happens. I had issues with the drive being read only when dual mounted and other weird issues.

Furthermore, where the drive is being mounted now (/storage/external_storage/SDA1) is a horrible mount point. Many apps reject it....one being Poweramp which is one of my favorite players which i now cannot use. PlayerPro sees that location and works thankfully, but this mount location needs to be fixed.

Ultimately it would be great if either:

1. The mount point for USB storage was moved to /mnt/usb and NTFS and exFAT support were introduced, OR

2. There existed an easy method of completely disabling Android's defualt USB mounting so that I can use something like Stickmount without the issue of multiple mount points for one hard drive.

I beg that someone fixes this someday soon
      i hear you man. +100000000

Sent from my NEO-X8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Stickmount really is the best solution because it is more robust (it can read the drive UUID, r/w NTFS and exFAT, and has mount and unmount capability from the taskbar) but since there is no option to disable the damn android USB auto mounting in any of these devices I can't use it.

Comment

Stickmount really is the best solution because it is more robust (it can read the drive UUID, r/w NTFS and exFAT, and has mount and unmount capability from the taskbar) but since there is no option to disable the damn android USB auto mounting in any of these devices I can't use it.
          I have not tried it yet but this may stop auto mounting.

Go to /system/etc and edit vold.fstab

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
          #use this line to support VIRTUAL CDROM.And you can define the directory where you want to mount
          loop_mount loop /storage/external_storage/VIRTUAL_CDROM
          dev_mount sdcard /storage/external_storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/AMLOGIC_CARD/card_host/memorycard0/memorycard0:sd /devices/platform/aml_sd_mmc.0/card_host/memorycard0/memorycard0:sd /devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sd /devices/platform/aml_sdhc.0/mmc_host/sd
          #asec flash

Comment out this line (put a # in front of it):

Reboot and see what it does.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

#use this line to support VIRTUAL CDROM.And you can define the directory where you want to mount
            dev_mount sdcard /storage/external_storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/AMLOGIC_CARD/card_host/memorycard0/memorycard0:sd /devices/platform/aml_sd_mmc.0/card_host/memorycard0/memorycard0:sd /devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sd /devices/platform/aml_sdhc.0/mmc_host/sd
            #asec flash

Bob
            Awesome Bob. I will try this when I get home and let you know!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

#asec flash

Bob

Any clue why I cannot edit this file? I am root (obviously) and when I edit the file to comment out the line it refuses to save. I tried turning on write permissions for all groups to see if that would help, but no, no matter what I do I cannot save the file. This is using es file explorer, and two others. What gives? I should be able to modify this file?

EDIT: It appears the system folder is read only and I cannot change permissions, even as root. Any idea?

EDIT 2:

Nevermind, opened a terminal emulator and:

su

mount -o remount rw /system

and when done editing, remount it as read-only:

mount -o remount ro /system

And, sad to say, commenting out loop_mount does not fix this. The drive still auto mounts on boot, and now if unplugged and plugged back it it remounts to SDB1
              Last edited by zektor; 06-25-2014, 03:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                I've had to flash back to the stock kernel. Temps were sitting at 60deg C and my CPU had been throttled to a MAX of 1.2Ghz. I can't understand how you guys are getting such cool temperatures with the 1200MIN CPU fix. Its strange.
                I just checked my temps using 1008 fix and 1296 fix. Regardless of either, temps range from idle 57C-65C, and always 70C under complete load. I used the Mookcake temp stress test as well as ran some demanding stuff with the temp overlay to monitor. It is always 70C, never beyond. This again is with either fix. I don;t think its a problem. The box runs fine.

Comment

I just checked my temps using 1008 fix and 1296 fix. Regardless of either, temps range from idle 57C-65C, and always 70C under complete load. I used the Mookcake temp stress test as well as ran some demanding stuff with the temp overlay to monitor. It is always 70C, never beyond. This again is with either fix. I don;t think its a problem. The box runs fine.
                  The problem is though that after around 60-65 deg c the box starts to lower the max frequency itself, it lowers its max frequency to lower its temperature. This is called thermal throttling. Your performance will be less because of this. You won't get the max 1.9Ghz but probably around 1.2-1.6. No spam for you did a test on the S89 that showed the optimum minimum frequency was around 192Mhz, this balanced the throttling with the temp.

Comment

I have Finless 1 installed and the fastest cpu patch. I see that when I play a video with BSB or MX that the temp stays between 60 and 63 degrees C.

When idle 45 -51 degrees C.

Strangely, MX player Pro refuses to use the H+ codec on many movies. Have the XDA custom codec but that seems to make things worse. First media box to do this......

Comment

Same finless with same cpu fix:
                      idle 57 - 65°C
                      vs.
                      idle 45 - 51°C
                      => there must be something different at HW...
                      (sorry guys, I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for mine...)
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                        Same finless with same cpu fix:
                        idle 57 - 65°C
                        vs.
                        idle 45 - 51°C
                        => there must be something different at HW...
                        (sorry guys, I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for mine...)
                        Yep, looks like HW differences. It would be good to get a lot of people testing their temps to get a range.

Comment

The problem is though that after around 60-65 deg c the box starts to lower the max frequency itself, it lowers its max frequency to lower its temperature. This is called thermal throttling. Your performance will be less because of this. You won't get the max 1.9Ghz but probably around 1.2-1.6. No spam for you did a test on the S89 that showed the optimum minimum frequency was around 192Mhz, this balanced the throttling with the temp.
                          I hear what you are saying, but I don't see that happening. Under complete load I hit 70C, and the cores reach their max 1.9Ghz. And it stays there. It is not throttling down.

Comment

Mine is around 60c idle with Minix beta 2 and around 70-75c under load.

Comment

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
                              Mine is around 60c idle with Minix beta 2 and around 70-75c under load.
                              Stock or with CPU fix?

Comment

Stock or with CPU fix?
                                Mine is stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X