• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    It's for both.

Bob
    Do you have any pictures for this rom

Comment

I got stuck on the welcome screen, any ideas? I added the rom using method 2, then I got to the welcome, language, screen and network but couldnt do anything after that????

Comment

Scrap that it just loaded up!

Thanks a million for this upload! great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Scherzzo View Post
          I got stuck on the welcome screen, any ideas? I added the rom using method 2, then I got to the welcome, language, screen and network but couldnt do anything after that????
          First boot takes a while to settle down also because of the pre-install app script which installs AirPin Pro. The stock ROM takes even longer due to more apps installing.

Also you will notice every boot it takes a few seconds for the sound to work. So always give it a few seconds to settle down after booting.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Okay going to flash your rom and patch which of the four patch id are you running ? thanks Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 108mob View Post
              Okay going to flash your rom and patch which of the four patch id are you running ? thanks Bob
              All the patch IDs release the ability for build.prop to spoof any device you want. Without the patch your stuck as a NEO-X8-H. The 4 patchers also allow CPU minimum CPU speed and interactive CPU gov. If you don't know what that is or don't care, then use the CPU_stock and just let it patch your ID.

Bob

Comment

Fantastic ROM.

Is it possible to have the notification bar at the top of the screen always shown ?

Seems to hide away on the stock launcher and I cannot even display it in nova launcher.

I am trying to use the X8 as a PC.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there anyway to make it work in 1080P 24hz? I don´t know if it´s a hardware or sorftware issue??

Comment

Questions on CPU Cores & Temperatures

What is the normal operating range of temperatures of the CPU Cores ?

I seem to be getting temperatures of 60c when idle and I wanted to know if this seems a normal temperature.

Also i noticed that CPU0 and CPU1 are normally active while CPU 2 and CPU3 are mainly offline.

I presume this is due to the hotplug scaling as i had flashed the following zip file.

cpu_fix_stock_lf.zip
                    Min Frequency 96000 (this is back to stock).
                    Max Frequency 1992000
                    Scaling Hotplug

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cooldudey View Post
                      What is the normal operating range of temperatures of the CPU Cores ?

I seem to be getting temperatures of 60c when idle and I wanted to know if this seems a normal temperature.

Also i noticed that CPU0 and CPU1 are normally active while CPU 2 and CPU3 are mainly offline.

I presume this is due to the hotplug scaling as i had flashed the following zip file.

cpu_fix_stock_lf.zip
                      Min Frequency 96000 (this is back to stock).
                      Max Frequency 1992000
                      Scaling Hotplug

Thank you.

Based on what we know so far yes the hotplug keeps the last 2 CPUs off until they are needed. This is why the CPU patches I provided set it to interactive. The low CPU some have said effects the launcher lag and possibly other apps as it takes a little time for the speed to ramp up thus the idea is set the low CPU to 816 or higher so it does not have to ramp up from such a small limit like 96.

HOWEVER, people have reported heat issues on some boxes! That is the CPU is slowing down to control CPU temps which may not be valid! I do not expect to see that on the X8 though. It appears to be only on early M8's and S89/S82's. For me all of my S802 boxes have no CPU slow downs for heat issues but other M8 and S89 users report issues even on stock! We do not know why we are seeing differences like this other than "RUMORS" of some AML processors having this problem.

My suggestion would be to try them and watch what your temps do. No one I know has fried their box using these but again USE AT YOUR OWN RISK is all I can say about it.

Bob

Comment

Thanks for your explanation as I understand this better now.

So basically these patches are just for increasing the minimum frequencies to eliminate lag.

I have not noticed much lag really so i am just using the default values with the hotplug governor.

What temperatures do you get in idle mode ? Does 60C sound too high ? I have no ideas what range my CPU should be in.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Based on what we know so far yes the hotplug keeps the last 2 CPUs off until they are needed. This is why the CPU patches I provided set it to interactive. The low CPU some have said effects the launcher lag and possibly other apps as it takes a little time for the speed to ramp up thus the idea is set the low CPU to 816 or higher so it does not have to ramp up from such a small limit like 96.

HOWEVER, people have reported heat issues on some boxes! That is the CPU is slowing down to control CPU temps which may not be valid! I do not expect to see that on the X8 though. It appears to be only on early M8's and S89/S82's. For me all of my S802 boxes have no CPU slow downs for heat issues but other M8 and S89 users report issues even on stock! We do not know why we are seeing differences like this other than "RUMORS" of some AML processors having this problem.

My suggestion would be to try them and watch what your temps do. No one I know has fried their box using these but again USE AT YOUR OWN RISK is all I can say about it.

Bob

Comment

I have not really used any temp apps to monitor what's is going on. Reason is some think they do not work correctly. I go by how hot my CPU feels with the cover off.

But there are a LOT of discussions about it here:

And some here:
                          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-cool-it-down-)

Do some reading and see what you find. I don't think 60C internal core temp is a problem but is that real?

Bob

Comment

Can someone comfirm netflix hd 1080p is working with this rom?
                            Is it possible te get 1080p 24hz (or hz) working?

Comment

I installed the rom last night and installed omans xbmc and noticed it was more laggy than the minix version. Any suggestions to improve the lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Scherzzo View Post
                                I installed the rom last night and installed omans xbmc and noticed it was more laggy than the minix version. Any suggestions to improve the lag.
                                Way not

?
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X