NEW - Finless 1.8 for EM8 Square Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maosales View Post
    Just a quick question for those of you on this thread - has anyone gotten the airplay to work properly using the MediaCenter app?
    Anyone having success using apple devices using airplay?
    Ok, on my M8 via mediacentre app all my Hd photies shows perfectly on desktop from my Samsung Note2 and sd video clips,my 720P video clips(taken by phone camera)bombs out after few seconds.However any video plays perfectly for me on Xbmc via Yatse(xbmc remote for android-need stream plugin). Don't know if yatse remote was solution.
    I start playing video on Note 2 and select airplay icon(didn't select "send to xbmc") and it streams directly to XBMC app while Xbmc was launched. I had to enable settings for airplay etc in XBMC.
    In end I use media center app for fotos and Xbmc for videos via airplay. Hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
      Just like to say a Big Thanks to Bob, Finless 1.8 with 720p patch working great so far (No crashes as yet). Was about to bin box but this update has actually made it usable. Have not tried xbmc yet but movies are steaming via other aps OK.
      The launcher is loads better than stock one. Will report back once I've had chance to use it properly
      I bought BS Player from the play store for coppers just to get rid of the ads but i'm impressed with it,it plays anything so far and had no problems finding the media on my LAN.Personally i prefer it to mx player which was recommended to me.

Comment

Have noticed a few quirks / bugs (Using 720p patch).
        BBC I player wont play video. but audio can be heard.
        Spotify + a few other aps re-size and orientate to portrait view. when Spotify app is opened it moves to bottom of screen cutting off lower section which means you cant identify log in option to sign in and use.

Is this happening in 1080 without 720p patch ???

Comment

Have noticed a few quirks / bugs (Using 720p patch).
          Spotify + a few other aps re-size and orientate to portrait view. when Spotify app is opened it moves to bottom of screen cutting off lower section which means you cant identify log in option to sign in and use.
          me old pud, not ROM's fault as it happens with many boxes/ROMs & apps, long-press Landscape in this app to run in background, unless killed by android mem manager / task killers + many apps revert to phone portrait midway

Hello everyone. I wrote this app to allow a user to lock the screen rotation in landscape, portrait or auto. The app is very simple, when you click on it, you're faced with these three options. Long press on Landscape if you want the app to run...

again not ROM's fault but beeb's booby:

Comment

Originally posted by snelsy View Post
            Here is a link to my copy of Bob's 1.8 rom which i have at Ge.tt i'm not sure how good the download speeds are http://ge.tt/99qqjBq1/v/0?c
            I'm using 1.7 is it worth updating to 1.8?
            Thanks

Comment

I used to indecisive once, but not quit sure now.

Originally posted by tampametal View Post
              I'm using 1.7 is it worth updating to 1.8?
              Thanks
              Do it
              If it dont work, or you dont like it, you can always go back to 1.7
              that is until 1.9 comes out

Or you will never never know unless you have a go.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

With 720p patch, XBMC plays videos in a smaller window which is offset to the top left. Is there a way to sort this out so it optimises the full screen following this.. XBMC crashed. I pulled power supply to reset and I can not start box. it just goes to opening screen showing v1.8 and android man character and just hangs. It wont let me enter boot loader by power cycling with reset button depressed either. ahhh

I assume I need to connect to pc to re-flash.... any advise how i do this pls
                Last edited by Spud; 08-05-2014, 10:15.

Comment

With 720p patch, XBMC plays videos in a smaller window which is offset to the top left. Is there a way to sort this out so it optimises the full screen following this.. XBMC crashed. I pulled power supply to reset and I can not start box. it just goes to opening screen showing v1.8 and android man character and just hangs. It wont let me enter boot loader by power cycling with reset button depressed either. ahhh

I had the same problem with patch and home screen, Xbmc etc playing in top left quarter of screen and I have a Samsung 51in 720p television so just unflashed

But all else is good.
                  Last edited by tampametal; 08-05-2014, 22:31.

Comment

Same here too, Insignia 32 inch 720p, but 1080i works.

Comment

Originally posted by tampametal View Post
                      I had the same problem with patch and home screen, Xbmc etc playing in top left quarter of screen and I have a Samsung 51in 720p television so just unmatched.

But all else is good.
                      Reinstall the Rom But Do not use Patch this time ...

Comment

... I can use 1080p and don't seem to have any issues so we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                          Reinstall the Rom But Do not use Patch this time ...
                          +1 , as previous post#169 of mine said,I didn't install 720p patch for a Hisense 720P and all is working for me

Comment

Try this:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?15750-M8-recovery-issues-can-t-flash-goes-straight-to-the-green-android&p=211164&viewfull=1#post211164

Comment

Is the pre installed xbmc from 7/22 rom directly from Xbmc.org or where?

Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                              X